This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
TI-newb

Posted: 15 May 2009 09:00:33 pm    Post subject:

Right now, i want to make the 'Maze'. now to draw this, i know of two options. Either save it onto a Pic 0-9. or use For( Loops and Lists to make it. right now For( loops and Lists isn't working too well... to make that work though i would need to plan it out *and im not much of a planner*.

let me give you guys an example on how i would draw this map.

1->Xmin:95->Xmax:1->Ymin:63->Ymax
For(A,2,dim(L1)
Line(2A,L1(A),2A,L2(A
End

That is it. now i have two lists in this. L1 and L2. L1 gives the first coordinate. and L2 gives the second one req. by Line.

for an example. type in:

{0,1,3,20,40,63,1,30->L1
{0,45,61,63,61,50,61,40->L2

but to make Entrances or.. passages i guess.? i would need more then 1 Line( in a row.. any ideas?
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 May 2009 03:07:46 am    Post subject:

[attachment=2657:maze.gif]

try to figure it out Rolling Eyes

it draws full-screen mazes in 13 mins

edit: il try to make one in asm
edit: it uses the recursive-backtrack algorithm, without recursion Wink iets a bit slow because you need to create a stack...
thats one of the basic functions of asm, so it will be blazing fast Surprised

Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2009 04:13:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodswolf

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 May 2009 03:37:49 pm    Post subject:

Depends on what you want.

A total random maze:

Darkstone's algoritme is good for random mazes, be-it a bit slow, but I guess ASM will cover that quiet nicely.

For algorithme's visit: Click here!

A premade maze:

Although pre-mades are faster too load, they take up quit some memory for a full screen maze. I suggest going for making a grid in the first place. The smallest possible way to store a pre-made maze, is yet unknown for the TI, so be a hero and create one.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 May 2009 04:19:53 pm    Post subject:

for maze algorithms, check this:
http://www.astrolog.org/labyrnth/algrithm.htm

scroll down about halfway until "perfect maze generating algorithms"
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement