This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
Raylin

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 05:50:38 am    Post subject:

Hello, people!

So, I've been lurking around and I've found some very complicated instructions for TI-BASIC.
Most of which make me feel stupid for calling myself an advanced TI-BASIC user.

Just how DO you guys make commands like those below?

augment(seq(I,I,Ans(1),Ans(2),-.01),augment(seq(I,I,Ans(2)-1,Ans(3),-1),seq(I,I,Ans(3)-.01,Ans(4),-.01
πHmean({πA^4,AR,πR^4
√(Ansprod(Ans-{A,B,C
thornahawk
μολών λαβέ

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 06:15:00 am    Post subject:

First, where did you get this snippet of code?

Second, to answer your question, the nice thing about these calculators is that you can almost always easily translate a formula in a book to a TI-BASIC line. ;)

Lastly, studying calculus, algebra, and maybe a tiny bit of numerical analysis is useful too.

thornahawk
Galandros

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 06:31:49 am    Post subject:

Raylin wrote:

augment(seq(I,I,Ans(1),Ans(2),-.01),augment(seq(I,I,Ans(2)-1,Ans(3),-1),seq(I,I,Ans(3)-.01,Ans(4),-.01
πHmean({πA^4,AR,πR^4
√(Ansprod(Ans-{A,B,C

First we now the needed basis of math. (if you are making a math program)
Second we experimented all commands that you see in lists menu, catalog (for text handling and others) and even matrix menu commands!
From the syntax and inputs of a command that I view using the APPS CatalogHelp from TI (one great that they did?!) I learned the working.
Don't forget to try optional inputs like increments and others.

But as alternative you can read TI|BD's commands description one by one. (discover the list in the site) <-- not as fun as trying yourself like above in the sofa watching TV

And you find in TI-BASIC commands that do work of an somewhat complex formula. For example you have commands for mean.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 20 Apr 2009 11:29:36 am    Post subject:

Raylin wrote:
Hello, people!

So, I've been lurking around and I've found some very complicated instructions for TI-BASIC.
Most of which make me feel stupid for calling myself an advanced TI-BASIC user.

πHmean({πA^4,AR,πR^4
√(Ansprod(Ans-{A,B,C

It's just practice, and a knowledge of all the BASIC commands. TI-BASIC Developer is a great site with detailed explanations of all the commands, many different routines and techniques, and various articles on programming.

thornakawk wrote:
First, where did you get this snippet of code?

I think it's multiple snippets of code. That top one is from my post in this topic, but the other two aren't.
TI-newb

Posted: 21 Apr 2009 11:23:36 pm    Post subject:

it doesn't take very long to get used to it i guess.. ive been playing around with it ever since i joined United Ti. which was during december. and you don't have to know verryyyyy complicated stuff like.. im just in Gr.9.

Tip. what helped me was making a Guessing game, and i continually optimized and made it more complicated... then i started wondering about games like Snake! lol.. that was a fun experience.

But... i'm still not very good, i guess im somewhat good at certain areas that ive played with. so experiement with things and make projects (most of my projects fail).

Last edited by Guest on 21 Apr 2009 11:24:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Galandros

Posted: 22 Apr 2009 10:03:11 am    Post subject:

Well I spent some months slowly inspecting the commands... And optimizations tricks.

But my learning curve amazed me. The next step is having the stomach to code a large project to test myself. In TI-BASIC I would like to explore one thing... This BASIC is special because you have many screens (graph, home and the table, the last isn't useful but you can show it!) and many math commands.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement