This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 08:57:37 pm    Post subject:

This is really wierd, does anyone else have MirageOS freeze when trying to use the _getkey romcall? Fortunately, I can still use the on + mode to quit it, but it's otherwise frozen. Is there a way to use _getkey, or can I only use _getcsc or direct input? (im trying to get David's input routine working in Mirage)
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 10:54:23 pm    Post subject:

This may have nothing to do with it but I have a suspicion it is getKey in Basic progams which makes them not work well with mirage.
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 01:42:09 am    Post subject:

I wonder if the program would work under an earlier os version, then?

Oh, well, reply if you can get _getkey to work, or know a good way to convert the _getcsc results to become the same as _getkey results.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 06:07:24 am    Post subject:

Im pretty sure _getKey messes with an interupt that MirageOS like to use. What are the differences between the two?

_getkey Waits until a key is pressed before continuing?
_getcsc Checks for a keypress then continues on its own?

To get _getcsc to act like _getkey is simple:

Code:
GetKey:
    bcall(_getcsc)
    or a
    jr z,GetKey

Or you could check for other keypresses:

Code:
GetKey:
    bcall(_getcsc)
    cp gUp
    jp z,ActionUp
    cp gDown
    jp z,ActionDown
    or a
    jr z,GetKey

:).
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 04:45:38 pm    Post subject:

Yes, I know how to do that, but then the results are in _getcsc "form", and David's input routine uses _getkey "form", so does anyone know how to "convert" from _getcsc to _getkey?
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 10:05:05 pm    Post subject:

Also, another input routine that works with _getcsc would be fine, too, I just need some way to input names if you get a high score in my game.
JacobdeHaan

Posted: 29 Nov 2003 01:21:45 am    Post subject:

tr1p1ea wrote:
Im pretty sure _getKey messes with an interupt that MirageOS like to use.

Thank you for saying that!!!! Very Happy

I just stuck "im 1" at the top of my program (to disable to MirageOS interrupts) and it works beautifully!!!

Now I have finally finished my first ASM game completely. I'm just going to print out my code and spend 30 minutes optimizing it, and then my first contribution to the TI community should be complete!!!

*Jacobdehaan gets his head out of the clouds long enough to get working Smile *
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement