This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
ahudson

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 06:11:22 pm    Post subject:

I've been having some trouble with the TI-Connect software. I own one of the first TI-89's made in 1998. This calculator's ROM has never been updated and is still at version 1.00 27 July 1998! This made the calculator not compatible with everything including TI-Connect, so I just used the Graph-Link software and the trusty ol' black cable from an old TI-85. The calculator worked fine in TI Graph-Link, but in TI-Connect, it could not detect the status of the calculator. However, to my surprise, other things like the screenshotting software worked.
To make the calculator compatible with more things, I downloaded the later operating system off of Texas Instruments' web site and tried loading it onto the calculator. TI-Graph-Link does not support operating systems so I was forced to use TI-Connect to transfer the OS. For the first few times, it jsut went to "Transferring 0%" then to "Waiting to receive" a couple of times. Then, it was able to get to 5 bars on the computer, but all it did was erase the operating system and then stop again for a while.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this? Could anyone possible shed a little light on this issue?

Thanks!
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Mar 2009 09:18:08 pm    Post subject:

besides the fact that TI-Connect is horrible. Can you translate a Ti-89 os from one 89 to another? If so, find a friend.
if not:
http://education.ti.com/educationportal/si...tivity_kit.html
ahudson

Posted: 28 Mar 2009 08:02:44 am    Post subject:

I got the OS to transfer via TI-Graph-Link after a little bit of fighting and I figured out how to do it. I also noticed that HW1 calculators (That's mine) do not support the clock. I wonder if newer TI-89's do.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement