This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
SnugenZ

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 12:47:55 pm    Post subject:

Whenever I startup my computer and logon in the "classic" way, it always freezes, so I found out I have to ctrl alt del, end explorer, then hit the new task button and type explorer -- and then it works ... any ideas in how to make my computer NOT have this annoying problem -- Thanks
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 01:50:57 pm    Post subject:

Start->Run..->myconfig->start up tab->disable anything you don't need, explorer and systray are always required!)

Should fix most, if not all, start up problems as long as you can start up.
SnugenZ

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 02:09:17 pm    Post subject:

So as long as I have Systray, and explorer my computer will work?
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 02:43:20 pm    Post subject:

Should, yes, I suppose it's possible you might have hardware that really requires a certain 3rd-party program to be started up for your pc to run properly, but then it'd probably be loaded in the actual starting up of windows or when starting up DOS, and I've never heard of such a case.
SnugenZ

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 03:52:47 pm    Post subject:

Aight, I'll give it A try -- I think I may need some more ram as well -- 512mb
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 08:42:20 am    Post subject:

512 is more than plenty, Windows XP requires 64mb (128 mb is recommended) and Windows 98 only requires 16mb.

I run Windows 98 SE on a 128mb and a 320mb machine, both work fine, as did WindowsXP on the 320mb system.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement