This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's z80 & ez80 Assembly subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Z80 & 68k Assembly => z80 & ez80 Assembly
jackphel

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 07:52:31 pm    Post subject:

Hello,
I've read the other linux asm posts but all I could get working was z80-asm, and I have tilp2 running on linux. I am trying to follow the the "ti83+ in 28days" tutorial, but I can't compile the hello world program:
.nolist
#include "ti83plus.inc"
#define ProgStart $9D95

.list
.org ProgStart - 2
.db t2ByteTok, tAsmCmp
b_call(_ClrLCDFull)
ld hl, 0
ld (PenCol), hl
ld hl, msg
b_call(_PutS) ; Display the text
b_call(_NewLine)
ret

msg:
.db "Hello world!", 0
.end
.end

through the linux compiler. Trying to call the compiler with hello.z80 in terminal returns:
.nolist
line 1: Invalid Label name.
No code generated.

Is anyone familiar with the syntax of this compiler, or is anyone running it on linux? I've attached the manual page for the file, and this is the website:
http://wwwhomes.uni-bielefeld.de/achim/z80-asm.html
in case anyone is interested. Thanks.
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 10:17:54 pm    Post subject:

From a quick look at the documentation, it seems to be rather primitive as assemblers go. (In particular, it doesn't appear to have include statements or macros of any kind; if I wanted to use this assembler, I'd use an external preprocessor such as cpp or m4.) It also has its own private binary object format, so it requires a little extra work to convert the output into a TI-83+ program file. You could do it, but it would be a real pain, especially for someone who's new to assembly programming to begin with.

Have you tried spasm? If you're having trouble setting it up, I may be able to help.
jackphel

Posted: 22 Feb 2009 02:31:03 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for your advice, I searched for that compiler, and found a version of z80asmide that I got working. I have sent hello world to the calc but it returns "syntax error", and I am currently trying to figure this out. I think the solution is probably already on the forum. Thanks again for your help

This wiki was a helpful resource I found for z80 asm.
http://wikiti.brandonw.net/?title=Programm..._systems#z80asm

Last edited by Guest on 22 Feb 2009 03:04:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 09:40:59 pm    Post subject:

This program doesn't use a shell, so to run it on your calculator, go to the catalog and select "Asm(", then go to programs and select your program.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement