This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-BASIC subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. TI-Basic => TI-BASIC
United-TI Archives -> TI-Basic

» Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Phobia

Posted: 06 Apr 2009 12:25:48 pm    Post subject:

How is that going?!
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 06:16:47 pm    Post subject:

MWAHAHAHHAHA! I'm back! Finally, finally, finally got the new vista hooked up and I'm raring to go!!!!! The only problem is that TI-Connect is ridiculously difficult to set up for Vista. I know it's impossible on the 64-bit version, but I thought I was okay with the 32-bit. I was wrong. I didn't go into detail like I did trying to get it installed on my friend's 64-bit, so I'm sure it can be done; I just have a ton of work to do. Hopefully the ti-flash debugger thing works so I can just test my code that way.

The beauty is that I found out my old comp had like 666 mhz speed, so anything with like 1 ghz or higher should run this program instantaneously. I'm going to optimize the thing to hell, but for now it's still working splendidly. If I can get the debugger hooked up, I'm gonna start coding again today. I'm not going to promise anything because I always get really nervous when I do, but I can say that I'm really excited about working on this again.

...BUT I'M BACK!
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 03:07:52 am    Post subject:

what?

even my 4-year old laptop (free :biggrin: ) is overclocked to 3.22 ghz...
and another laptop i brought in 2002 has 3.08 ghz
TKD_01

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Apr 2009 12:34:54 pm    Post subject:

jakethepspguy wrote:
MWAHAHAHHAHA! I'm back! Finally, finally, finally got the new vista hooked up and I'm raring to go!!!!! The only problem is that TI-Connect is ridiculously difficult to set up for Vista. I know it's impossible on the 64-bit version, but I thought I was okay with the 32-bit. I was wrong. I didn't go into detail like I did trying to get it installed on my friend's 64-bit, so I'm sure it can be done; I just have a ton of work to do. Hopefully the ti-flash debugger thing works so I can just test my code that way. ...

I had the same problem with running TI-Connect on my 32-bit Vista OS. A great alternative to TI-Connect is a program called TiLP2. It has several more capabilites than TI-Connect (including ROM dump--YAY!), and it communicates with your calculator much much faster than TI-Connect. However, if you have both TI-Connect and TiLP2 installed on the same system, you will almost definately encounter errors with both programs, because they have several conflicting files and drivers.
To solve this, delete TI-Connect and all it's sub-files before downloading TiLP2 (an easy way to do this is to go under Control Panel->Uninstall/change Programs, then uninstall TI-Connect. After doing that, go to program files and delete the TI-Connect folder. At that point, TI-Connect should be completely off your system Smile )
Hope that helps!
jakethepspguy

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Apr 2009 09:20:04 am    Post subject:

TKD_01 wrote:
jakethepspguy wrote:
MWAHAHAHHAHA! I'm back! Finally, finally, finally got the new vista hooked up and I'm raring to go!!!!! The only problem is that TI-Connect is ridiculously difficult to set up for Vista. I know it's impossible on the 64-bit version, but I thought I was okay with the 32-bit. I was wrong. I didn't go into detail like I did trying to get it installed on my friend's 64-bit, so I'm sure it can be done; I just have a ton of work to do. Hopefully the ti-flash debugger thing works so I can just test my code that way. ...

I had the same problem with running TI-Connect on my 32-bit Vista OS. A great alternative to TI-Connect is a program called TiLP2. It has several more capabilites than TI-Connect (including ROM dump--YAY!), and it communicates with your calculator much much faster than TI-Connect. However, if you have both TI-Connect and TiLP2 installed on the same system, you will almost definately encounter errors with both programs, because they have several conflicting files and drivers.
To solve this, delete TI-Connect and all it's sub-files before downloading TiLP2 (an easy way to do this is to go under Control Panel->Uninstall/change Programs, then uninstall TI-Connect. After doing that, go to program files and delete the TI-Connect folder. At that point, TI-Connect should be completely off your system Smile )
Hope that helps!

Thankyou! Smile Actually, I did a bunch of searching the day I made that post and I found TiLP2. The weird thing is, though, that because I installed tilp2, TiConnect has been working for me. I guess TiLP got the drivers I needed for me! Smile Regardless... This means I can continue my work (which I am planning to do today.)

And I forgot to quote the guy talking about his overclocked laptop... But I was stupid that day. I have 3gb of ram lol.... Haven't tested my processor. Probably like 1.5 ghz at best or something. But I'm sure anything running 1 ghz or faster should comply fine with the crappy beta I have going Smile It's all good.
TKD_01

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Apr 2009 09:00:59 pm    Post subject:

Really..? That's really weird. TI-Connect hasn't crashed on you yet?
geekboy1011

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 20 May 2009 02:53:35 pm    Post subject:

have you put out abeta yet this looks awsome and graphlink is truely horrible
Exfyre

Posted: 18 Jun 2009 03:04:53 pm    Post subject:

jakethepspguy wrote:
Before I really go all out on this, there isn't anything better than TI-Graph Link for on-computer BASIC coding, is there?

well, actually about 5 years ago when ti-84's were new(er), the CD's that came with them had TI-Connect 1.4, and with this they had a built in program editor that looked really nice and worked extremely well, but it was removed in later versions of TI-Connect.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 Jun 2009 03:27:59 pm    Post subject:

You could also look up Cemetech's SourceCoder. I'm not sure how well that is working right now, though.
TI-newb

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 10:54:37 am    Post subject:

i really need to ask. What is a .8xp editor? and what does it do..
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Jun 2009 02:13:05 pm    Post subject:

[quote name='TI-newb' post='134442' date='Jun 22 2009, 07:54 AM']i really need to ask. What is a .8xp editor? and what does it do..[/quote]
It is like a basic calculator, except instead of typing it on the calculator, you type it in the program editor on the computer.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement