This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 07 Mar 2009 10:44:17 pm    Post subject:

how far..? sadly, maybe 12% completed. Got so much to do, some to redo and rewrite.. Still need to finish up cleaning this code and variable crap.. << I really wish I had taken better care of knowing where and how these variables worked...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Mar 2009 11:00:35 pm    Post subject:

By that estimate, it'll be what... 20-30 more years till your done?

Just kidding, I'm sure things will get faster as you move further and further along.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Mar 2009 12:22:42 am    Post subject:

heh, once I get all the main routines in place, then it should just be a matter of adding data, and that is it. Hopefully.. =/
pieflinger

Posted: 22 Mar 2009 11:27:13 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad to see that this project is getting closer to completion. And I thought of a resource that could REALLY help you, if you haven't found it: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/ , an extremely extensive Pokemon encyclopedia. And the best part is that it details how all the algorithms work in all the games, eliminating a lot of work on your part.

And speaking of algorithms, are you going to use Sp. Atk and Sp. Def as separate stats, or just have one Special stat like in R/B? If my opinion matters, I'd much prefer it were the former. And the same goes for a lot of the other algorithms, I happen to prefer the systems used in the remakes (Generation 3; FireRed and LeafGreen) than the originals.

But, anyways, good luck. This is a very noble undertaking. Nintendo should pay you monies. Or at least hire you, seeing as you're managing to remake one of the greatest games ever, from scratch, on a calculator.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 23 Mar 2009 04:30:02 am    Post subject:

i think the chance he is fined for $5000 is bigger, but hey :biggrin:
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 07 Apr 2009 02:53:49 pm    Post subject:

darkstone knight wrote:
i think the chance he is fined for $5000 is bigger, but hey :biggrin:

lol

with all the ROMs of these games available, blatantly so, all over the internet, the likely hood that them even bothering with me is just silly to think about XD

Also, almost done writing out the code, been finding more and more ops to do. Hopefully real progress to resume soon! :lol:

And thanks PieFlinger. I have alot of stuff already, thanks to someone else, but I will definitely look into that resource. Laughing
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Apr 2009 06:40:33 pm    Post subject:

I can hear the sirens approaching. Very Happy
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Apr 2009 09:50:19 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
I can hear the sirens approaching. Very Happy

says Mr. Sonic Wink
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Apr 2009 09:28:39 pm    Post subject:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/389/38997.html

Oh no! I posted an update to something! And it was related to Pokemon Purple! Oh my! =o
aureax

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 10:46:52 am    Post subject:

Very nice, tifreak! =o
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 09 Apr 2009 11:35:40 pm    Post subject:

Heh, thanks so much. :lol:

The screenshot really doesn't do it justice, is pretty fast on the 83+SE, but ah well, it looks nicer and has better functionability.

Hopefully will have some more to report on pokemon come this weekend, if things don't get too hectic on me.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 03:01:32 pm    Post subject:

Got the code all written out yay =D

Now working on reorganizing the variables.. *boos and hisses* XD
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 03:07:06 pm    Post subject:

tifreak8x wrote:
Got the code all written out yay =D

Now working on reorganizing the variables.. *boos and hisses* XD

Congrats :biggrin: What's the final page count?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 24 Apr 2009 07:37:55 pm    Post subject:

79 pages.. o.o

the only data programs these include are the ones that work for doors and stairs.. the rest of the data stuff was left out, like the pokemon sprite data, the stats, etc
vanchagreen

Posted: 25 Apr 2009 10:48:57 pm    Post subject:

Considering that the original Pokemon games were probably made by at least a dozen programmers, I don't think you're doing too bad! :biggrin:
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 12:30:29 pm    Post subject:

I have been going through some of this code.. and realized that for just the starter program alone I had left chunks of unneeded code from previous versions. XD oh wow, it annoys me.

Also, in the game now, instead of having

"0
prgmZRS

I am simplifying those to

prgmZC1

Mainly because I call on that function of RESOURCE so often. =/ I figured it up, it would take 7 times to call prgmZC1 to make it worth the effort. prgmPOKEMON calls it 4 times by itself. So yeah, more savings of RAM.

for the border display program, using Ans as a list to store the values, and immediately call the program, where it will store from Ans to the correct variables. Same thing with prgmZSP, for the values on where the sprites are to go.

It is interesting to see, just in two programs I have worked on, how much blue pen ink I have used correcting things. XD

I also took the liberty to create the version as it is now as 0.1.7a, as a placeholder to know how much RAM/ROM is being used up. At this time, between pics and prgms, the game takes 89,659 bytes. I am eager to see what the changes I make to the game affect the amount of space it uses.
whyat least3

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 05:10:04 pm    Post subject:

Nice, hopefully it will be done soon. Can't wait for it to be finished and out.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 09:38:49 pm    Post subject:

oooh, trust me, you don't want it as bad as I do. I have other projects I would just love to work on. =p
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 04 May 2009 07:05:25 pm    Post subject:

Well, progress continues, working on going through the ingame menu program, found some somewhat serious errors on how I was doing some stuff, and some incompatibilities that were not worked out from the Celtic2 rewrite, so those are being fixed, at least on paper, until I get around to running through the game again to play. =p

Anyways, at this point, the overall game has gained.. 835 bytes. Still many, many more programs to cut through. Just thought I would update. =]
whyat least3

Posted: 05 May 2009 02:56:32 pm    Post subject:

If possible do you think you could estimate when it would be done if you keep at like now and also if possible do you know what % you are done.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement