This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's TI-Freak8x subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Pokemon Purple => TI-Freak8x
United-TI Archives -> Pokemon Purple

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Graphmastur

Advanced Member

Posted: 08 Sep 2009 09:27:11 pm    Post subject:

haun wrote:
i hope i see this SOON!!!! i only have 1.9999 years of high school left to play pokemon on my calculator

You can't play games in college?

(this is the 100th post in this topic.)
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Sep 2009 12:23:10 pm    Post subject:

Not as advisable, I guess...

(after what I've heard about the educational level in US high schools, but maybe that's just prejudice...)
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Sep 2009 06:28:39 pm    Post subject:

lol, I have no clue, but I am definitely working on it. ^__^
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 29 Sep 2009 08:56:15 am    Post subject:

Well, expect more progress on this now that I have an easy way of converting programs to appvars and back again. I probably will complete the celtic2 helper program at a later date.

Thanks to Kerm for making this program as quickly as he did. Hope it invigorates him into making some progress on DCS7 soon. ^^

So, next bit of work for me to do for the project is to convert the data programs to appvars and making the game engine recognize the data as such. From there, I have to figure out if the event system is still working. <<

Actually, I need to go through and see if the game itself still works, since that has not been tested since I did the massive bit of code clean up a while back. Let you know how that goes.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 05 Oct 2009 08:44:53 am    Post subject:

[quote name='"tifreak8x"']And something for the masses:

Currently, only the scrolling and page by page turning is working. I still need to add:

X -the ability to move an item
X -the ability to toss an item
X -the ability to use an item

Using an item won't happen until I get it to where you can have a pokemon to use one on. That will be somewhat difficult, as each item does different things. I will also need to devise a dynamic routine for all the TMs and HMs, since they will all essentially do the same, and make it easier, but if the pokemon knows 4 moves already, it will have to replace the selected move with the TM/HM.

Oh what fun.. I think I will work on moving an item and tossing an item to at least get those out of the way. =][/quote]

Just bringing this back to the front again. The files themselves were lost, but I found a backup of them on my desktop for when I did the screenshot. So that is back, I just have to get the program data over into the correct program instead of prgmAC.

Umm.. converted all the data programs to appvars, and the code fixed in the game so that it sees all that correctly.

So once I get some of this back up, I need to run through and see where I stand with the events system, since it is the reason I went through all that code and changed things in the first place. :lol:

We shall see how things go from here ^^
whyat least3

Posted: 05 Oct 2009 08:37:34 pm    Post subject:

yeah!!!!!!! PROGRESS!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 06 Oct 2009 06:05:07 am    Post subject:

lol, yeah, progress. XD

I think at this point, I just need to start a new game with it and see how things work, and hope everything works properly still. XD
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 08 Oct 2009 07:20:27 pm    Post subject:

Well, so far not so good. XD

I seemed to have botched up some things. Not horribly, just random things like sprite misplacement and other such oddities. I am hammering out things little by little. Still working on the intro program tho.

Just thought I would update.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 01:04:18 pm    Post subject:

so, a bit of an update.

+Intro program works flawlessly.
+Save/Load is confirmed to working.
+Fixed a bug with the dynamicness of the ingame menu, wasn't compensating that you didn't have the pokedex.
+Walking engine seems to still work.

-Can't talk to NPCs at the moment.
-When loading, shows having 25 badges for some reason, something that needs to be looked into eventually.
-Need saving and loading screens. Otherwise just looks like a locked up calculator.
ztrumpet

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 02:20:59 pm    Post subject:

What does the intro look like?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 03:34:06 pm    Post subject:

I.. should take a create a screenshot specifically for that. o.o

I shall attempt to do that later, got to do some stuff for my paper routes, might attempt a (fairly large) screenshot.

Edit, screenshot added.

This is actually slower on emulator than on the real 83+SE, just so you know.

Last edited by Guest on 11 Oct 2009 05:54:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
ztrumpet

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 08:58:10 pm    Post subject:

Wow, looks nice.
Keep up the great work.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 11 Oct 2009 09:21:32 pm    Post subject:

Thanks a ton ^^
vanchagreen

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 04:03:15 pm    Post subject:

It doesn't give you the option of changing your name...?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 04:58:43 pm    Post subject:

nope, for now, that is an irrelevant thought. In the show, he was called Ash, and the other Gary. So why not stick with them? There is a chance of me adding that later, but right now it is so far from important because of the battle engine and all that stuff.. so yeah..
vanchagreen

Posted: 12 Oct 2009 09:30:12 pm    Post subject:

Right, right that makes sense. I was under the incorrect assumption that you had included the name changer in a previous version of the game, so I wondered where it had gone.

A note about the intro, when you open the start menu, the sprite of Ash comes up. I know you said it would be faster on a calculator, but it seems like it would get annoying pretty quickly. Would you consider getting rid of it?
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 09:01:02 am    Post subject:

I guess if enough people find it to be a waste of space/time/etc, then I can remove it.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 08:45:53 pm    Post subject:

Awesome so do you have any expected time of completion if its longer then 2 years away i dont wannah know
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 09:08:43 pm    Post subject:

sadly, I do not know when it will be completed. I am working on it when I have the time or energy. Hopefully within the next year if things go well. If not, then longer.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 13 Oct 2009 09:09:15 pm    Post subject:

thanks
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement