This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 08:09:36 am    Post subject:

Exams are coming, and I'd like to disable the push2test thingy on the 84+. Anyone having the right OFFSCRPT appvar for me?
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 01:55:14 pm    Post subject:

I think I wrote an OS patch to semi-permanently take it out at http://brandonw.net/calcstuff/patchptt.zip . I can't speak to the OFFSCRPT method, I never attempted it.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 02:00:59 pm    Post subject:

you wrote an OS?

you disassemblied the OS, changed it, and assemblied it back?
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 05:14:59 pm    Post subject:

I disassembled the OS so I'd know what needed to change, wrote a program that unlocks Flash and changes it, and released it.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 05:21:11 pm    Post subject:

whats push to test and why would you need it disabled
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 06:51:28 pm    Post subject:

Push-to-test is one of TI's annoying attempts at blocking program use on tests, while at the same time encouraging schools to buy their new model (the 84 series). It lets teachers easily disable and/or remove programs and apps with a few key presses, on the 84 series only.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 07:49:23 pm    Post subject:

Ti 89 whoo well atleast at my school its ok to use them idk about everyone else though
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 03 Dec 2008 11:11:47 pm    Post subject:

I'm in college now, which means my calculator hasn't left the drawer since I got here. The only times I use it are for assembly programming, and I just use an emulator for that.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 04 Dec 2008 12:20:11 am    Post subject:

Your calc will gain the freshman 15 from that inactivity.

15mg of dust.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Dec 2008 12:24:45 am    Post subject:

It is rather funny how the higher level math classes you take, the less you use your calculator.

Most of Calculus can be done in your head or on paper. We did use Maple in my calc class to help with some applications which would take too long to compute everything by hand.

Linear Algebra was the last class that I used my calculator for, and that was for all of those row reductions.

In my Discrete math class I haven't even cracked open my calculator. It doesn't help at all when you are trying to solve graph theory problems and such. I also haven't used my calc in my mathematical communications class. When you are trying to write a proof, it doesn't help to know what 2+2 is anymore.
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Dec 2008 06:53:47 am    Post subject:

@Brandon: Yeah, I downloaded patchptt, great, but it still kills all hooks, so you can still reset all memory after the push2test... Also, groups and pics are still cleared.

btw, I don't want to cheat during the exams, but I'm just too lazy to back up my calc every day I have a science/math exam Very Happy Also I want to be able to program when I finish the test, and after a mem clear...

EDIT: I may be lucky, because my own math teacher knows barely anything about the calculator, but I know there ARE teachers at my school who read the manual and the online stuff from TI.

Last edited by Guest on 04 Dec 2008 06:56:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement