This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 28 Nov 2008 10:42:42 pm    Post subject:

I have an external cd/dvd drive that accepts a usb B-Male and I have a standard usb a-male to usb mini-b-male cable. I've been looking all over for an adapter so I can turn the mini-b-male into a male-b, but I have so far been unsuccessful. Has anyone ever seen one before? And if so, would you know where to get one?

I want to turn this:into this:
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:46:09 am    Post subject:

You need mini-a to male-b you cant do b to b it since one of them has to be a host.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 01:28:29 am    Post subject:

Well, I found the opposite of what you want: here. It's gonna be a "Mini B to B" converter, but I can't find any so far. Of course, all I found was "B to Mini B." Might have to assemble one.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 01:31:40 am; edited 1 time in total
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 01:52:54 am    Post subject:

I think I might have found what I'm looking for:
http://www.zioteck.com/Templates/SearchDet...?productID=7383
This might be the only manufacturer in the entire world. It took me forever to find.

I only wish that shipping wasn't almost $10. Seems like a bit much for a .25 lb part.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 09:06:03 am    Post subject:

tsk tsk tecnology these days these day Neutral
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 11:34:12 am    Post subject:

nitacku wrote:
I think I might have found what I'm looking for:
http://www.zioteck.com/Templates/SearchDet...?productID=7383
This might be the only manufacturer in the entire world. It took me forever to find.

I only wish that shipping wasn't almost $10. Seems like a bit much for a .25 lb part.
[post="129668"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Again I restate my originally post which was that you can't have male b to male b adapters because of the way the USB protocol works, but female b to male b is possible as proven by your. I know both Walgreen's and HomeDepot have male mini a to female a adapters for ~$10 which could then be used with normal USB cable to achieve what you are trying to do.

Oh and also something like this may be a better deal http://cableorganizer.com/usb-firewire-quickconnect/

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 12:00:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 11:59:41 am    Post subject:

He's not changing the gender, just the shape.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:11:37 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
He's not changing the gender, just the shape.
[post="129685"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

According to his first post he wanted mini male b to male b with which is changing gender. Unless I'm misunderstanding what he was asking.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:16:25 pm    Post subject:

I think he just wants to change the mini B tip to a B tip. Like if you had a digital camera cable you wanted to plug into a printer. If it's B on both sides, then it's one of those freaky cables.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:26:58 pm    Post subject:

DigiTan wrote:
I think he just wants to change the mini B tip to a B tip.  Like if you had a digital camera cable you wanted to plug into a printer.  If it's B on both sides, then it's one of those freaky cables.
[post="129687"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

With the cameras Its mini male a to male b not mini male b to male b. Its the same thing you have to use with Print8x, to bad BrandonW never finished it.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 12:33:58 pm    Post subject:

D'oh! Our communication is breaking down here. I'm gonna back up and give my interpretation of his question:

He has this:
[Male A]-------------------------[Male Mini B]

He wants this:
[Male A]-------------------------[Male B]*

He can't use this:
[Male B]-------------------------[Male Mini B]

* Via adapter

Last edited by Guest on 29 Nov 2008 03:57:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Nov 2008 02:29:50 pm    Post subject:

That digital camera <-> printer thing requires A and B ends. To connect two devices, you always need an A end and a B end.

I think what he wants to do is adapt it from B to mini-B or vice versa, though, which you can get from adapters.

One day I'll get to print8x...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement