This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Galandros

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 02:59:54 pm    Post subject:

Also the prices. How do we get some formula to calculate them? Let's try obtain some values and use regression to see what appears... I don't like the idea of a extensive table for prices o.O

I believe that the enemies appear from a sort of waiting list and some random factor. I also suspect that some parts of the game turn too much desert to be playable and if you didn't play well in the rest of the level, you loose because of the bad randomness.

Sprites would be a concern later because we have black, blank, or in alternative more black with black and her, blank to do gray... And there some missiles and different directions...
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 03:50:57 pm    Post subject:

The prices are all linear:
Bomber price = 10n
Bouncer price = 30n
Gunner price = 20n
Homer price = 40n
Miner price = 50n

The exp formula will probably be the hardest part.

ps: You can leave-out the homer if you want.... it's evil.... really really evil....

Last edited by Guest on 16 Nov 2008 03:58:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 11:55:29 pm    Post subject:

The experience needed for the next level is int(.4+1.3L→L, where L starts out at 100. And maybe interestingly, the number of feet (which is only measured vertically) is irrelevant in determining the amount of experience you gain.

A single, unchained hit gives a predetermined number according to the enemy type. Bombers give 10, and Bouncers, Gunners, Homers, and Miners give 15, 20, 25, and 10, respectively. Chained hits add more experience obviously, but by what factors I'm not sure, as it's not merely adding the single-hit scores; in fact, it appears that hitting the same enemy type in succession gives an additional bonus over landing on a variety of enemies, and that bonus even seems dependent on the enemy type.

If you were to connect with a Bomber n times in a row, the points you'd receive would equal n²+10n, for n>1. For a Bouncer, it's n²+18n-4. For Gunners, Homers, and Miners, it's 2n²+20n, 2n²+28n-4, and n²+10n, respectively. I looked at the scores for some mixtures of collisions, but I can't quite make an all-encompassing formula. It's there, but I've lost the patience to continue with this for the time being – in making a calculator port, a different formula would probably be justifiable anyway.

Last edited by Guest on 22 Jul 2010 11:53:02 am; edited 1 time in total
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 01:14:39 pm    Post subject:

probaly someting that is easier, like:

a: 100
b: 40

A+b ->a
B+b ->b

calucator games aren't meant to be last one whole lesson... probaly 20 mins at most (unless u include a save function)

wbt, weregoose, you got 499 posts Smile
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 02:25:29 pm    Post subject:

Actually, weregoose has over 3000 posts. He happens to be member number 499.

I love how we are all just talking about how it would be nice if someone made this game and how we are going to lengths to determine how stuff should work and nobody has even said they are going to make it.
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 02:34:09 pm    Post subject:

bananaman wrote:
Actually, weregoose has over 3000 posts.  He happens to be member number 499.
[post="128995"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
:ninja:

i can try to port it when i finish fractal program (advanced math + asm = :confused: )
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 04:48:25 pm    Post subject:

id like to help but im not an asm programmer Sad
maybe i can come up w/ some sprites and maybee a title Like
IndistrucTI Tank

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2008 10:03:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 11:44:13 pm    Post subject:

Maybe. That's assuming someone actually takes the reins on this one. As CoBB once put it: so far the progress has only been verbal.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2008 11:44:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 07:09:54 am    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
id like to help but im not an asm programmer  Sad
maybe i can come up w/ some sprites and maybee a title Like
IndistrucTI Tank
[post="129004"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

undestructible calucator plz
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 08:33:21 pm    Post subject:

Alrighty. I may be really busy, but this project kinda interested me. Add in the fact that I have never fully completed any major ASM project and I decided that this is going to be my contribution.

I currently have the basic movement engine implemented. It is made so that you first have to overcome your x-velocity in one direction before you can move in another. You bounce off walls, and gravity is always pulling you down. You will bounce on the ground a little bit before coming to a rest. I have some simulations of bomb explosions on the tank when I press 2nd.
[attachment=2509:attachment]
From this simple test I can see a few things. I need to make compounding explosions less effective. Currently you can easily launch wayyyyyyy off the screen. And I need to make it so that you can move faster side-to-side as compared with up and down.

I'm not sure exactly how much spare time I will have, but Christmas break is definitely looking promising as a last resort.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 08:48:41 pm    Post subject:

It looks great so far.

I did a regression on the number of enemies (all the same) vs. the experience for it and got the same formulas as Goose, except for fighters the formula only works for n>1. My data for mixed combos is pretty incomplete (it was frustrating enough to get it for identical enemies) but I'll try to get more tomorrow.
I'm starting to think that not all the experience is of an integral value. There have been many times while playing that my total exp was one point short of what it should have been, but it only happened once every 2 or 3 combos, leading me to think the displayed exp is rounded from the actual value.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 08:53:04 pm    Post subject:

i can supply some graphics already got a few ideas
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 08:58:53 pm    Post subject:

Yes, graphics would be much appreciated. I was kinda thinking about making it into IndestrucTI and have it be a calculator that is being bounced around instead of a tank. Hence the poorly drawn calculator.

I am currently working on adding in support in the engine for bombs. I am making it so that it can accommodate for all the different types of bombs.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 09:09:28 pm    Post subject:

I like the calculator idea
I have a plane sprite a helicopter sprite and a miner sprite
each one is 7 pixels tall and 10 pixels long
but i can make them smaller if need be
Bronco

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 09:10:48 pm    Post subject:

Oh that was a calc? Would have never guess Razz
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 03:53:58 am    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
I like the calculator idea
I have a plane sprite a helicopter sprite and a miner sprite
each one is 7 pixels tall and 10 pixels long
but i can make them smaller if need be
[post="129071"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

well... in asm you want averyting to bo 8 pixels wide (or 16..), the height doenst matter (as long its less than 256... lol)
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 06:32:39 am    Post subject:

I think i can get them to be 8 pixels wide shouldnt be a problem
darkstone knight

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 07:43:24 am    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
I think i can get them to be 8 pixels wide shouldnt be a problem
[post="129085"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Razz

the reason for that is that one byte is 8 bits, you can only move 8 bits a time

of course, the you want bitmasking, the mask is width+8, wich is 16
but if the width of the sprite is 16, the bitmast is 24 bits (= evil.. registers can store up to 16 bytes..)

unless you want to make programers job harder, stick to 8 bits wide Smile
SonicBoom95

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 09:35:30 am    Post subject:

Oh, this is cool. I started a project. Yay me! A useful contribution! :)

It's good to see some people woring on this. I'll be looking foward to seeing the final.

I'm working on graphics, btw, so don't think I'll let you guys do all the work. I want some, too.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Nov 2008 03:48:47 pm    Post subject:

Am I misunderstanding the command ld a,(ix+1)

I am trying to use this in my code for the bomb array. To access the different information about the bomb I want to do ld a,(ix+1) to grab the y-coord and then ld b,(ix+2) to grab the x-coord, but it appears that it always will load 0, regardless of the actual data at that point.

Edit:

I finally figured it out. I was calling a bcall in between grabbing the value from ix and the value from ix+1. The bcall was changing the value of ix when I wasn't expecting it to. Boy do I love not being able to see the contents of the variables when trying to debug Smile

Last edited by Guest on 19 Nov 2008 04:01:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement