This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
ahudson

Posted: 11 Nov 2008 08:55:21 am    Post subject:

My friend and I have been working on a new TI site, which, like TICalc.org, tries to help unify the TI community. I got sick of TICalc.org's usual state of inactivity and lack of TI-Nspire support.

This site supports the TI-Nspire and has links to many TI sites (including Maxcoderz Smile ). Unlike TICalc.org, these are links to sites with news that was posted not only in the 21st century, but within the past few months. We also have put up an archive of programs, but it's small right now. We're going to add on a host of popular games within a few weeks, and, of course, give credit to their original authors. With these archives, you can submit your own file and it should be added in within a week.

This site also has a few basic "how-to"'s in it, like how to make headphones for your graphing calculator and how to downgrade your Nspire OS. See the text archive for them.

Check out the site at http://www.lafacroft.xtreemhost.com/. Sorry that it has a silly name, but since all the good names had already been taken, I just thought up something random. I strongly encourage you to submit any files and demos you have, and to enjoy the site!

Have fun!
Pseudoprogrammer

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 05:13:18 pm    Post subject:

Hey I like the layout of the site really well. I might write some tutorials or useful programs for it when I get a chance.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 07:53:17 pm    Post subject:

We really could use some fresh calc venues this year. Would be cool if it can include program reviews and previews. I mean, most programmers will have their own sites for previews anyway, but it's cool to hear things from other perspectives. That's just my random request. Plus it's good for guys who are paranoid about ticalc server problems and the recent inactivity.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 12 Nov 2008 08:54:20 pm    Post subject:

well the toolbar on the top of the site looks like the one on TIcalc.org
ahudson

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 06:16:36 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I know that tool bar may look a little like TICalc.org. I based it partially on that since it worked well with the site.

DigiTan said:
"We really could use some fresh calc venues this year. Would be cool if it can include program reviews and previews. I mean, most programmers will have their own sites for previews anyway, but it's cool to hear things from other perspectives. That's just my random request. Plus it's good for guys who are paranoid about ticalc server problems and the recent inactivity."

Can you please be more specific about what you mean by file previews? I think I might add them in if you can just tell me a little more about what you want.

In other news-
You can expect some new files uploaded to the Lafacroft site soon, including many popular games for the TI83 Plus, and a link to United TI.org!

Last edited by Guest on 14 Nov 2008 06:19:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 06:43:55 pm    Post subject:

anyway it looks promising
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 09:17:02 pm    Post subject:

Looks nice. If you want, you can upload your site link to http://tifreakware.net , join the control panel at the top, and submit your link. Smile It will be on the front page then until there are any more that get added.
ahudson

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 09:25:51 am    Post subject:

Thanks for telling me about that! I'll upload the link right now.
Madskillz

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 04:39:05 pm    Post subject:

I think he means having pictures with the games in your archives.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 09:00:13 pm    Post subject:

ahudson wrote:
Thanks for telling me about that! I'll upload the link right now.
[post="128798"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Link was approved. Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 02:39:11 am    Post subject:

ahudson wrote:
Can you please be more specific about what you mean by file previews? I think I might add them in if you can just tell me a little more about what you want.
[post="128748"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Just like a section for upcoming progs. Like on youtube, I'll search for ti stuff no and then and find vids out of nowhere that I've never even heard of. Noice is an example. And I'm still not even 100% sure it's authentic. I mean, ticalc has a section for that kind of stuff already, but it's suffering a few format problems at the moment. So yeah. A spot for upcoming projects would be kind of cool. Cool
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 08:08:28 am    Post subject:

Things like that can very easily be faked by putting together a video and converting it, like with TIMM. I want to see an 83P I can disassemble, or I call fake.

While searching YouTube for calculator projects, did you come across http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CeCLdlUqd8 ?
ahudson

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 08:29:48 am    Post subject:

With file previews, I'll see what I can do. It depends mostly on whether or not people email me at lafacroft@gmail.com about them.
Bronco

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 11:10:08 am    Post subject:

When you say email you about them, do you mean submit some to that email, or make the suggestion about it to that email?
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 11:21:45 am    Post subject:

i think he means people send him preveiws to games they are making in otherwords the first one
Bronco

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 11:22:51 am    Post subject:

If that's the case, I might submit a preview in the future should he decide to allow such a feature.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 11:32:41 am    Post subject:

I might as well if i can get of the computer and starts some optimizations to the rough draft
ahudson

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 04:03:46 pm    Post subject:

Don't worry; I will allow people to email me file previews. If I receive them, I will make another section in the archive for them. As a matter of fact, I encourage people to email files to the site. Email them to lafacroft@gmail.com.

When emailing files, just email me the desired description and the file itself. However, there is a new file submission system on the horizon. . .

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2008 04:04:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSR5

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 07:32:04 pm    Post subject:

Good luck. If you are in the TI community for a while there are several thing that become apparent about the TI community.
1. The TI community is dominated by several websites.(United TI, Revolution software, and some others)
2. The most successful TI web sites have very successful programmers that basically work for the sites.
3. The TI web sites have good quality games and other programs released through their web page.
4. Trying to compete with any of these sites is like trying to compete with Microsoft.
I am not trying to discourage you, but I personally think that if you want to unify the TI community with your website, it will be very difficult in the current state of things.
In essence, if you are very serious about your TI site being successful, work hard.
Good luck again

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2008 07:34:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
ahudson

Posted: 18 Nov 2008 03:57:36 pm    Post subject:

This site is made more to unify the TI-Nspire community. But, it does support other calculator types.

I think that this site has a good chance at success since it is one of the first TI-Nspire community sites. There are only two or three more. There's going to be many more Nspire users in the future, so I think that they will like this site.

The site may also be successful in the current community, since most other sites (like Ticalc.org) are basically inactive.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement