This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 06:08:26 pm    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
well vista does have its share of problems but that doesnt mean it isnt good
i think its a personal preferance some people like macs some people perfer Pcs
[post="128927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There used to be a whole lot more people who preferred Windows to Mac. Personally, I say Windows 98 was the best OS they came out with. XP was far from an improvement although still manageable. Now Vista.... um.... :sick: It really is as bad as people say. Just my.02

Congrats GloryMXE7. I can't believe UTI has 23,745 registered members :ohmy:
Bronco

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 06:15:29 pm    Post subject:

Vista looks nice and fancy I think. I do kinda like the GUI and what not of it (though it sucks for those who don't really know how to use a computer). However, I haven't really gotten the opportunity to actually use Vista. I've only used it for short periods of time on friends' computers, and I don't want to go messing with the system files and what not on their computer when I risk messing it up. So from a developer's standpoint, how is Vista? I've also heard that it runs a lot of programs in a buggy fashion.
simplethinker
snjwffl

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 06:27:24 pm    Post subject:

You've got it backwards. If you don't know much about computers Vista is great for you. It's been dumb downed. Think of the frustration you experience when you want to just type a simple paper and you get all the auto-format, auto-correct, auto-bullets and auto- everything that you have to go back and fix. Now think of what that would be like if it did that for everything and you couldn't turn it off. Cool
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 16 Nov 2008 07:21:35 pm    Post subject:

Well, I tried a vast number of online Tracers and could at least peg him/her down as in the US. Great.

Anyway, I have my firewall set to absorb pings and all ports are stealth, so as far has he/she knows, my computer doesn't exist. I'm set for now.
MSR5

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 07:56:14 pm    Post subject:

Interesting...
Hackers uses to be the heroes of the computer revolution, but now they are thought of nothing but problems.

My solution with dealing with hackers is to use two fire walls and symantec, one that is hardware external from the computer and is between the computer and the internet connection. The other firewall is soft ware on the computer. Also Symantec is very good at deleting, quarantining, and detecting virus. If a virus is good enough to get past all of that, then I recommend a total system clear since a virus that can get past 2 firewalls and survive symantec is a very nasty virus.

On a side note most hackers use proxies so tracing the hacker will be extremely difficult. A good hacker will use at lest 4-5 proxies that are very far apart, so hacking the hacker is nearly impossible.

Remember, respect hackers, they are dangerous.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 09:40:00 pm    Post subject:

MSR5 wrote:
Remember, respect hackers, they are dangerous.
Verily; more than most of us realize.

Last edited by Guest on 17 Nov 2008 09:40:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bronco

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 09:48:02 pm    Post subject:

Haha, I like that comic WG
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 17 Nov 2008 09:54:09 pm    Post subject:

oh now someones rocking out but the noise is coming from my my omy G....*static*
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement