This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
TylerMcL

Posted: 06 Oct 2008 02:44:33 pm    Post subject:

Alright, I've been using Ubuntu (8.04 and recently 8.10) and Pidgin for a little while now. I haven't had any problems with the transition from 8.04 to 8.10.

HOWEVER, I recently installed frostwire and it appears that my pidgin program does NOT work anymore Sad It's the only change that happened since it's stopped working.

So I tried a little diagnostics of my own, with no prevail. However, I think I might have found the problem, but I just don't know how to fix it. I've already tried removing all the packages, and then re-installing them all. No luck. So I did the

Code:
pidgin --debug

command in the terminal, and It connects and everything. I can access my preferences and plugins by right-clicking the icon, and I can even send messages! But whenever I go to open the buddylist, it freezes EVERYTIME! I was running the debug option in the terminal and tried to open the buddy list, and these two lines resulted:

Code:
(15:36:15) dbus: Need to register an object with the dbus subsystem. (If you are not a developer, please ignore this message.)
(15:36:15) dbus: The signal "gtkblist-unhiding" caused some dbus error. (If you are not a developer, please ignore this message.)

Honestly, I have no idea to fix it. I think I understand that one of the configuration files is corrupted or something, but I have no clue how to go about with reversing the damage that frostwire did :(

Thanks in advance!! Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement