This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 01 Oct 2008 05:25:32 pm    Post subject:

How do I get PHP 5.2.6 working with MySql 5.0.67? I've already got PHP 5.2.6 working with Apache 2.2 but cant get MySql to work.
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 10:02:01 am    Post subject:

Have you tried installing the mysqli PHP extension as described at http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.installation.php ?

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 11:46:01 am    Post subject:

David wrote:
Have you tried installing the mysqli PHP extension as described at http://www.php.net/manual/en/mysqli.installation.php ?
[post="127500"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah I followed all of that, but mysql will still not work with php.

EDIT: Alright I think I may have found a problem. Apparently it thinks that my php.ini directory is C:\WINDOWS, although I never had a php.ini file in there it would still show phpinfo(). When I moved my php.ini file there I can no longer view my php file with phpinfo(). So I'm guessing php and Apache was not setup correctly.

Why would adding my php.ini file to C:\WINDOWS break it and cause it not to work?

Edit: PROBLEM SOLVED. I didn't have short tags enabled so "<?" was being recognized. Needed to change the script to <?php LOL. All works fine.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Oct 2008 02:34:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 04:26:18 pm    Post subject:

And now we find the reason why everybody says to use the full version of the tags.

:)

I'm glad you got your setup working correctly.
bfr

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 05:15:38 pm    Post subject:

Even though in you have everything set up now, you, or anybody else, might want to check out xampp in the future. It easily sets up Apache HTTPD 2.2.9, MySQL 5.0.67, PHP 5.2.6 and PHP 4.4.9, phpMyAdmin 2.11.9.2, OpenSSL 0.9.8i, SQLite 2.8.15, and some other stuff (you can get the "lite" version if you don't want the other stuff) and includes upgrade packages to easily upgrade your xampp setup when upgrade are available, instead of trying to update each thing by yourself (although upgrade packages don't exist for the lite version). You can also easily install Perl and Tomcat as add-ons, too.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 02 Oct 2008 06:37:47 pm    Post subject:

bananaman wrote:
And now we find the reason why everybody says to use the full version of the tags.

:)

I'm glad you got your setup working correctly.
[post="127505"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So true. Very Happy But thanks. Slackers never win. haha. Actually despite the fact I could change the php.ini to accommodate the short end version I didn't. I should just not be lazy that's all.

bfr wrote:
Even though in you have everything set up now, you, or anybody else, might want to check out xampp in the future.  It easily sets up Apache HTTPD 2.2.9, MySQL 5.0.67, PHP 5.2.6 and PHP 4.4.9, phpMyAdmin 2.11.9.2, OpenSSL 0.9.8i, SQLite 2.8.15, and some other stuff (you can get the "lite" version if you don't want the other stuff) and includes upgrade packages to easily upgrade your xampp setup when upgrade are available, instead of trying to update each thing by yourself (although upgrade packages don't exist for the lite version).  You can also easily install Perl and Tomcat as add-ons, too.
[post="127506"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah I did install xampp, but I never find satisfaction in using it. I'm one of those people who prefer to do it themselves. But yeah anyone wanting to setup a development environment and doesn't want the hassle should check out xampp.
benryves

Posted: 04 Oct 2008 09:05:28 pm    Post subject:

Alternatively on Windows use the bundled copy of IIS, where setting up PHP merely involves copying php.ini to %windir% and going Handler Mappings->Add Script Map and pointing *.php at php?isapi.dll. Good for lazy people! Smile
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 12:44:21 am    Post subject:

I've found WampServer to be pretty easy to set up and very useful for building sites locally.
koolmansam375

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 11:04:02 am    Post subject:

benryves wrote:
Alternatively on Windows use the bundled copy of IIS, where setting up PHP merely involves copying php.ini to %windir% and going Handler Mappings->Add Script Map and pointing *.php at php?isapi.dll. Good for lazy people! Smile
[post="127564"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Quote:
#445431 +(119)- [X]

<FireCat> Hmm, just wondered if using Windows, IIS, Mysql, and PHP would be called a WIMP platform Smile
<modn> roflmfao

Smile
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Oct 2008 10:31:35 pm    Post subject:

In Windows:

Create an environmental variable for the System (not user) scope.
PHPRC and c:\php or wherever you PHP installation is located.

This is how to configure where PHP will look for php.ini

I would highly recommend using IIS if it is version 6.0 or higher. In other words, on Server 2003, IIS 6.0 and PHP is incredible. It is way better than Apache and PHP. I do not want to get into the whole Linux/Windows Apache/IIS debate again, but let me just say that Windows is really robust now.

Justin
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement