This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Flameviper

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 01:14:27 pm    Post subject:

So I uploaded my latest program, LINE CHASER, to my laptop. The transfer worked fine. I opened WabbitEmu to take some screenshots for when I submitted the .ZIP of the program/documentation/source/etc. and started a GIF capture. It created a .GIF in the specified path, and it was 94x62, but it was complete blackness. I tried again, with different settings on the emulator, and under different paths. Nothing. Thinking it was a problem with the image viewer, I opened it in Firefox. Still a solid blackness. However, the image preview shows it as black/white stripes. The command-prompt-looking thing behind the emulator said "calc is off", and no matter what I did, it didn't change.

On the school computers, I tried once again to capture some shots. The filesave worked, but for some reason it only saved the first frame of the capture. After that, it turned blank.

And secondly, VTI isn't working. It's got a ROM, it appears to be working, but DOO HOO HOO, all it shows is a white screen. Under 1x, 2x, and full screen, it's just a blank white window. I tried changing every setting, and pressing every key combination that could logically change a setting, but nothing worked.

Halp?

Last edited by Guest on 24 Sep 2008 04:02:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
pugboy

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 06:13:04 pm    Post subject:

For VTI, get a new ROM image...

For WabbitEmu, try redownloading the EXE file.
benryves

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 06:23:13 pm    Post subject:

OS 1.12 is the last version of the OS that will run on VTI's rather limited hardware emulation. (After all, VTI was developed long before most of the hardware was properly documented).

If you're emulating a TI-83+, 83 or 82 (ie, not SE or higher), PindurTI could be worth a shot.

For what it's worth, WabbitEmu works fine here using the .clc ROM files from Flash Debugger.

(Oh, and nice Pratchett quote).
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Sep 2008 11:03:52 pm    Post subject:

I usually upload latest betas on to http://group.revsoft.org/wabbitemu.exe. It's possible you grabbed one where the GIF support was broken. However for the tried and true version, you can always download

http://www.revsoft.org/wabbitemu.zip
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement