This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
haun

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 08:55:56 pm    Post subject:

Ok i have a TI84+ w/ an USB link cable, couldnt find the original one so i found one that worked (i think its a camera cable). When i connect to the computer i am on USB 1.

I have Romdump2 and getrom8x.

NOW.

I have the calc hooked up to the computer (not sure if there is a difference between linked, like when its sending apps, and hooked up just sitting there).

But i JUST DONT GET IT!!!

I am not often the kind of person who needs a walk through on this stuff,
BUT on this time i need one!

Can you help me?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 09:01:17 pm    Post subject:

Whew... For a moment there, I thought you were asking for us to give you a ROM (Which is illegal).

Install Ticonnect. Select Device Explorer. Drag and Drop your program.
haun

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 21 Sep 2008 09:24:39 pm    Post subject:

Done
SonicBoom95

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 07:47:40 am    Post subject:

Wrong topic! Please post in Calculator Tech Support for this kind of thing.
haun

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Sep 2008 10:06:12 pm    Post subject:

well its moved now. So now i have the program installed. now what?
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 23 Sep 2008 07:05:25 am    Post subject:

Okay, Download Rom8x (It is easier to work with). Look at the readme and select the proper set of programs (Probably the G84PBE1.8XP and G84PBE2.8XP). Open TI-Connect and click on Device Explorer. Drag your program into the RAM (the upper part). Let it send and then run. Look for an AppVar (I forget the name, check the readme) in the explorer and then drag it to your computer's folder. Then look at the readme for running those.
Flameviper

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 01:16:23 pm    Post subject:

luby wrote:
Whew... For a moment there, I thought you were asking for us to give you a ROM (Which is illegal). 

Install Ticonnect.  Select Device Explorer.  Drag and Drop your program.
[post="127181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AFAIK .ROMs aren't illegal unless they don't own the calculator in question. A photograph of a TI-84PSE with a paper sign next to it saying "UNITED-TI HAUN'S TI84" would be proof enough for me Razz
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Sep 2008 03:35:01 pm    Post subject:

Flameviper wrote:
luby wrote:

Install Ticonnect.  Select Device Explorer.  Drag and Drop your program.
[post="127181"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

AFAIK .ROMs aren't illegal unless they don't own the calculator in question. A photograph of a TI-84PSE with a paper sign next to it saying "UNITED-TI HAUN'S TI84" would be proof enough for me Razz
[post="127265"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

While that might technically be true, TI has the right to do whatever they want with them, and for silly reasons beyond us, they don't want anyone sharing them for any reason.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement