This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Robot War => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Robot War

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 08:27:19 pm    Post subject:

Okay, I've got it in. I'm trying to determine whether TempSwapArea is 232 bytes or 323. Anyway, so far: rectangular window-drawing is done. The first text routines are in. And I'm gonna start working on the File Select menu.
pugboy

Posted: 01 Dec 2008 08:39:39 pm    Post subject:

With the bench app in your last few posts, it works perfectly on the NSpire.

Also, the GS is better... It now looks like there is a scrolling effect in the background and on the water however, which looks nice for a wave/water ripple effect Razz
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 02 Dec 2008 02:08:25 am    Post subject:

Yeah the grayscale routine probably needs to be fine tuned a little further. You always notice the rolling with large bodies of solid colour.
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 Dec 2008 02:19:49 am    Post subject:

Heh heh. That's actually pretty cool. I'm probably going to add a small downward ripple to the water and check how it looks with this existing effect. ...Much like the wavy heat in Caldera's magma caves. As far what gamers will see running the game for the first time, it's going like this:

UTI Logo* --> Grayscale Title Screen --> File Select Screen

* To keep it from getting annoying, the logo stops appearing once you've played for a pre-set length of time.

The File Select uses the same general graphics as the TI-82 version. Stylistically though, the 83+ menu brings a lot more to the table. And more file options like setup, copy, and delete. None of which will appear on 82. I'll be working on all these this week.

Last edited by Guest on 02 Dec 2008 02:33:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Mapar007

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Dec 2008 11:35:44 am    Post subject:

tempSwapArea is 323 bytes
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 Dec 2008 12:30:02 am    Post subject:

* Sprite support completed *

Alright! Thanks to some relocation help from Spencer, sprites are now working. (Remember you can see the checklist for overall progress). The full File Select menu is still quite a while from completion, but I plan to work on it over Christmas vacation....hopefully finishing up the first week of '09.

This one is just as icon-based as RW1's, but it's designed to look a little less like Palm OS this time. Since RW1 isn't too widely known, the help "file" provides a backstory (in just 40 words) anytime you want to read it.
Madskillz

Posted: 25 Dec 2008 12:46:05 am    Post subject:

cool digi, I'm glad you put some backstory into rw2, cause I missed out on playing the original to it's fullest. Keep us posted on the progress!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Dec 2008 05:55:09 pm    Post subject:

Extree! Extree! Read all about it!... Backstory and background art leaked for RW Flash Edition!...

Years ago, Dr. Edmund waged war on humanity with his army of drones. The hero -Edgar- used artificial PSI to topple him. Sensing a new threat, Edgar journeys to Oceanside to rebuild the Institute that trained him. Good luck!

More details emerge as you unlock the first areas of Oceanside: Why Edgar is back at level 0...What happened Edmund...and who helped develop his army so quickly.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Dec 2008 08:12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
ZagorNBK

Posted: 31 Dec 2008 02:57:47 am    Post subject:

Very cool!
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 05 Jan 2009 11:39:21 pm    Post subject:

ZagorNBK wrote:
Very cool!

Here's a little glimpse of the File Select screen. There is a saved game on the system called "Joe," two empty slots and the help guide. The hovering effect is maybe x3 or x4 faster than I plan to have in the game, but this is the overall look it will have.

Last edited by Guest on 05 Jan 2009 11:55:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 07 Jan 2009 04:20:05 pm    Post subject:

looks cool any way ive always thought it kinda funny that game sequals start you back at level zero as if the original never happended at all
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jan 2009 07:47:38 pm    Post subject:

Didn't you have some static effect in Robot War 1? That ruled, do that
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Feb 2009 11:54:31 pm    Post subject:

I'm trying to find a cool way to integrate the static (former SpriteTV routine) in the game somehow. One problem I ran into is I don't have an equivalent to the CrASH shell's "RAND" routine. When I tried using the r register, I got random patterns, but they resulted in a scrolling, "waterfall" of random static. I'm trying to find out what exactly when into the RAND routine. Basically it just gave a 7-bit random number (bit 0 thru 6), and a random carry flag all without needing any kind of a randseed.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 12:44:19 am    Post subject:

Code:
_rand:
  ld a,$00
  push hl
_randm:
  ld hl,$8000
  inc l
  dec h
  add a,(hl)
  ld (_randm+1),hl
  rlca
  rlca
  sub h
  add a,l
  pop hl
  ld (_rand+1),a
  srl a
  ret

Dissasembly?
FloppusMaximus

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 Feb 2009 01:56:41 am    Post subject:

That's odd. For a source of randomness, it starts at 7F01 and moves backwards through the ROM? That won't give you a very random sequence. I would at least throw in the value of R at some point.

Not to imply that I've analyzed these things very deeply, but ionRandom seems pretty good. As I recall, it uses both R and the contents of a random memory address (based on the generator's previous output.)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Feb 2009 04:45:06 pm    Post subject:

Whew! That definitely saves some trouble. I have a few other projects lined up for this weekend, but I'm hoping I'll have enough time to finish the last of the menu graphics and maybe even link it to the start of the game. The JET Fortress trailer is still on the way as well. I'm just trying to add more maps and features to toss in there.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Feb 2009 08:44:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm sure i've asked this before, but you have what? one more area to do after JET fortress? or 2?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 12:50:13 am    Post subject:

Just one. Plus Stadium City, which is pretty much just an extension on Oceanside. The delay for me so far has been trying out other PC projects on the side, youtube, and 83+ code. I'm thinking the final zone will go a lot faster because (1) there's no TI-82 version and I won't have to be obsessed with compression rates, and (2) the tiles for it are ready to go. And the special effects for it are already done.

One other sub-region I forgot to mention last season was the Pearl Desert that connects you to JET Fortress. This is a vast, open level that doubles as a general practice area. You can find a wider variety of enemies here than usual (in the TI-83+ version). The ease of fighting here is offset by the scarcity of "rewarding" enemies. And I might add Caldera-style heat later on. Since these spots got excellent compression (around 99%), they make up a big portion of your JET Fortress adventure.

Last edited by Guest on 26 Feb 2009 12:53:03 am; edited 1 time in total
ticalcnoah

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 09:10:25 am    Post subject:

Cool looks hard.I like it.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Feb 2009 01:54:14 pm    Post subject:

is that large thing you're attacking a robot tank of some sort?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 10 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement