This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Bronco

Posted: 14 Nov 2008 10:18:26 pm    Post subject:

I ignored the google warning too. Except for it is annoying having it show up for every freaking page or link you click with a base adress of the wikkiti url.
Galandros

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 08:10:51 am    Post subject:

Bronco wrote:
I ignored the google warning too. Except for it is annoying having it show up for every freaking page or link you click with a base adress of the wikkiti url.
[post="128773"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How much we suffer.

But in WikiTI most of all users are quite active on ti community. And has a page that interest only some particular persons is less probable someone blows the information or lie in edits.

But if we talked about the wikipedia, well is another thing.
GloryMXE7
Puzzleman 3000

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 02:13:42 pm    Post subject:

the only thing i ever use wikipedia for is pictures but i never click on the url of the picture cause who know where it came from, and if your guuna use information from wikipedia you might want check the information on a more credible site but then why go to wikipedia anyway
Galandros

Posted: 15 Nov 2008 02:29:28 pm    Post subject:

GloryMXE7 wrote:
the only thing i ever use wikipedia for is pictures but i never click on the url of the picture cause who know where it came from, and if your guuna use information from wikipedia you might want check the information on a more credible site but then why go to wikipedia anyway
[post="128820"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I think it has some minor errors and sometimes appears somewhat obscure information. But that you can filter yourself.

But almost all of the major topics are good. And hey where do you find easily a free encyclopaedia online and that complete? In some specific areas like philosophy I know, in this example, 2 great sites and are good and liable fonts but from all of the rest areas of knowledge?
And you could doubt from many, many sites and aren't wikis.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Nov 2008 02:31:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement