This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
codered20

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 08:14:44 pm    Post subject:

So I loaded Tetris Attack onto my pretty much, brand new, TI-89 Titanium, tried to start the game, and it started loading then went to a strange screen.

It shows my normal home screen, but it says BUSY in the bottom right and across the top, it says "Divided by Zero", surrounded by black rectangles on each side. I can't turn the calc off, I can only take the batteries out. I haven't taken the back-up battery out because I don't have a mini screwdriver small enough to unscrew the a case!

As soon as the fourth battery is in, the calc turns on and it won't turn off.

What's going on guys? Sad
Snipes17

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 09:11:27 pm    Post subject:

There is a patch that you might need to install. Also, make sure you garbage collect your RAM if possible before starting an ASM game because sometimes an ASM game will cause a garbage collect and lock up your calc (Happened to me in Ultima IV). In cases like these, the back up battery reserves the frozen state of the calc. Remove the battery and wait 5-10 minutes and it will be cleared. I had a very similar experience on the first couple of days after I bought my 89T and it flipped me out because it was new.
Madskillz

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 10:39:28 pm    Post subject:

also some programs needed to be patched use the ghostbuster program...search for it on google, that fixed a ton of games that werent ti-89T compatible so they could run on it.

edit:
here is a link to the file

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2008 10:41:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 10 Sep 2008 11:21:49 pm    Post subject:

2ND + LEFT + RIGHT + ON to reset. Then you should apply the HW3Patch (http://tigen.ti-fr.com/kevin.kofler/ti89prog.htm#hw3patch), and use ghostbuster (link on page Madskillz gave) on the program.

@Snipes17: I'm unaware of a method to force a garbage collect on the 89. I thought the OS only did it when necessary?
Snipes17

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 Sep 2008 05:31:42 pm    Post subject:

Yes the OS only does it when it needs to. For some reason, Ultima IV (a massive game) accessed some RAM and then the OS started to garbage collect in the middle of the game and it froze.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement