This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 01:07:33 pm    Post subject:

"America is the land of the free because of the brave"
--Lynne McCarthy
yugniht

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 02:46:48 pm    Post subject:

see my sig, I like that one. When I think of more, I'll post them, too.
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 05:46:41 pm    Post subject:

"And Harry Potter and all his wizard friends went strait to h*** for practicing witchcraft."
-Ned Flanders(The Simpsons)
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 17 Nov 2003 10:31:35 pm    Post subject:

GROUCHO MARX:

"Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana."
Who are you going to believe? me or your own eyes?
"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 Nov 2003 09:01:41 pm    Post subject:

Here are some of my favorites:

"If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten." - George Carlin

"I never believed in Santa Claus because I knew no white dude would come into my neighborhood after dark." - a Gregory
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 18 Nov 2003 11:43:27 pm    Post subject:

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." -Rich Cook

"Beware of computer programmers that carry screwdrivers." -Leonard Brandwein

"The great thing about a computer notebook is that no matter how much you stuff into it, it doesn't get bigger or heavier" -Bill Gates

"If computers get too powerful, we can organize them into a committee -- that will do them in." -Bradley's Bromide

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely

"The most likely way for the world to be destroyed, most experts agree, is by accident. That's where we come in; we're computer professionals. We cause accidents." -Nathaniel Borenstein

"Rarely is the question asked, is our children learning?" Let us analyze that sentence for a moment. If you're a stickler, you probably think the singular verb "is" should have been the plural "are," but if you read it closely, you'll see I'm using the intransitive plural subjunctive tense. So the word "is" are correct.

The secret of creativity is knowing how to hide your sources. -Albert Einstein
aloha

Posted: 21 Nov 2003 12:42:22 pm    Post subject:

"stand up for what is right, even if you are standing alone!"
--Claire Clements

i love that quote because it gives ppl the right to stand up for their own rights and decisions!

Last edited by Guest on 21 Nov 2003 12:43:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 21 Nov 2003 04:41:30 pm    Post subject:

http://www.quotationspage.com/

My favorites are quotes from Einstein, but I don't get round to reading/seeing/finding an awfull lot of quotes so my choice is limited.
DmitriB

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Nov 2003 12:58:58 am    Post subject:

WARNING THIS POST CONTAINS THE WORD SEX 2 TIMES AND YOU LITTLE KIDS MIGHT GET IN TROUBLE WITH YOUR MOMMIES SO IF SO DONT READ!!!

It is the characteristic of the most stringent censorships that they give credibility to the opinions they attack.
-- Voltaire (1694-1778)

Big Brother is watching you.
-- George Orwell

Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it.
-- George Orwell

A lie told often enough becomes the truth.
-- Vladamir Lenin

Philosophy is to the real world as masturbation is to sex.
-- Karl Marx

Last words are for people who haven't said anything in life.
-- Karl Marx
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 22 Nov 2003 02:19:22 am    Post subject:

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it - Voltaire

Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be banished, persons attempting to find a moral in it will be prosecuted, persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot. - Mark Twain (Samuel Clemmens) Quote this one for your English teacher the next time he/she tries to make you disect a Twain work

Rainbows are visions, but only illusions, and rainbows have nothing to hide. Or so we've been told and some choose to beleive it - I know they're wrong wait and see. Someday we'll find it, the Rainbow Connection, the lovers, the dreamers, and me. - Kermit

If you miss the train I'm on, you will know that I am gone, you can hear the whistle blow a hundred miles. - Peter Paul and Mary

How many roads must a man walk down before they call him a man? How many seas must a white dove sail before she sleeps in the sand? How many times must the cannonballs fly before they're forever banned? The answer my friend is blowin' in the wind. - Peter Paul and Mary

In the middle of the night, I go walking in my sleep, from the mountains of fate, to the river so deep. I must be lookin' for somethin', somethin' sacred I long. But the river is deep, and it's too hard to cross. - Billy Joel

They don't gotta burn the books they just remove 'em. - RATM

And some wonderful quotes from our president Bush:

Iran would be dangerous if they have a nuclear weapon. - Really?
I'm the master of low expectations. - He must be very pleased...
I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority, was very impressed by his grasp of finances. - A finance minister... Familiar with "finances"? Go figure!
First, let me make it very clear, poor people aren't necessarily killers. Just because you happen to be not rich doesn't mean you're willing to kill. - OK - I'm officially scared.
I think war is a dangerous place. - I think so too.
The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself. - Gee... I didn't know Saddam was a self-inflicting sadomasochist...
Sometimes, Washington is one of these towns where the person—people who think they've got the sharp elbow is the most effective person. - Couldn't sharp elbows be dangerous in a crowded town like Washington?

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Ninja - quote!
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 22 Nov 2003 10:48:20 pm    Post subject:

Except Bush would say it Nucular Wink
Matt

Posted: 24 Nov 2003 04:10:00 pm    Post subject:

Check out the quote I made up myself:

"ask not what you can do for yourself but ask what you can do for your conutry"- Matt

what do yall think. . . . .I got some other good quotes I made myself like this one!
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 24 Nov 2003 05:04:07 pm    Post subject:

I think JFK said that..... or did JFK say "ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country" .

Last edited by Guest on 24 Nov 2003 05:06:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 25 Nov 2003 08:32:27 am    Post subject:

The mirror only reflects what it can reflect, reflecting a non-fictional reality hidden inside order and chaos should be mutually exclusive to something reflected as fictional.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 Nov 2003 03:15:00 pm    Post subject:

This is an actual quote:

The mirror of man's eye reflects only what it is prepared to reflect.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 04:25:40 pm    Post subject:

"There are those friends who will bail you out of jail. And then there are those friends who are sitting in the cell beside you yelling "THAT WAS FUCKING AWESOME!""
annonymos

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2003 04:26:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 04:42:01 pm    Post subject:

A banker is a person who lends you an umbrella while the sun shines but wants it back when it begins to rain. -- Mark Twain
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 Dec 2003 11:12:36 pm    Post subject:

I would like to post my modified version of JFK's famous quote:
"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask who you can do for your country."

I beleive it hardly does justice to needed pathological reparations in respects to this philandering druggie murderer's unrecognized crimes.

Yes, sahib.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement