This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
vanchagreen

Posted: 10 Aug 2008 07:53:02 pm    Post subject:

The screenshots look great! Just in the battle screen, it should be "run", instead of "give up".
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 12:25:24 pm    Post subject:

The battle screen will say "Run" in a wild battle and "Give in" in a trainer battle, so that you don't have to waste 5 minutes trying to lose on purpose.

The Pokedex is already finished and it works. It is a bit slow, since it has to access the Pokemon names from a database, so I put in page up and page down keys. It determines which Pokemon you have seen/caught by accessing 8 elements of 10 base 3 numbers in the save data.

Last edited by Guest on 15 Aug 2008 12:24:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanchagreen

Posted: 14 Aug 2008 04:32:44 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
The battle screen will say "Run" in a wild battle and "Give in" in a trainer battle, so that you don't have to waste 5 minutes trying to lose on purpose.

Ooh! Ok then. That's clever!
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 09:01:50 pm    Post subject:

I just improved the Pokedex. To run it, set the dimensions of lists 1, 5, and 6 to 100, then store 2222222222 into list 1's entries, from 21 to 27. For entry 28, store 2222200000. Then run ydex.

EDIT: I guess I should have included all the files necessary to run it. I improved it even more, reducing the 2 minute load time to 20 seconds, which was the time required for the first version of the Pokedex, while still keeping the faster scrolling that the first version didn't have. This even made it smaller!

EDIT2: Why won't it let me add xLib as an attachment? You will also need that.

[attachment=2442:attachment]
[attachment=2445:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 19 Aug 2008 06:51:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 20 Aug 2008 12:52:14 am    Post subject:

Put everything into a .zip file, then upload that.
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 02 Sep 2008 04:18:37 pm    Post subject:

Just so you guys know, this project is not dead. I am working on the engine for moving around the world, which will be completely original because the game will have no screens to walk in. I also finished entering data for all the moves that I will be using.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 02 Sep 2008 05:00:30 pm    Post subject:

no screens? you mean all text based?
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 03 Sep 2008 10:28:52 am    Post subject:

Basically. It will give you multiple actions you can take, such as talk to an NPC, battle a trainer, enter the Pokemon Center, etc. This will all be on the graph screen, so it should still look better than most games. I would really like to have walkable screens, but it just takes way too much memory.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 03 Sep 2008 10:44:24 am    Post subject:

thebetter1 wrote:
Basically.  It will give you multiple actions you can take, such as talk to an NPC, battle a trainer, enter the Pokemon Center, etc.  This will all be on the graph screen, so it should still look better than most games.  I would really like to have walkable screens, but it just takes way too much memory.
[post="126564"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Will there be any pictures at all though? Even a generic pic at the title screen would be nice.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 03 Sep 2008 03:05:59 pm    Post subject:

thebetter1 wrote:
Basically.  It will give you multiple actions you can take, such as talk to an NPC, battle a trainer, enter the Pokemon Center, etc.  This will all be on the graph screen, so it should still look better than most games.  I would really like to have walkable screens, but it just takes way too much memory.
[post="126564"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Really? walkable screens are not that bad to make. If you utilize programs like Resource, then you can have a ton of maps and such, and leave all the data in archive.

If you want a reference:

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/364/36409.html

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/403/40345.html
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Sep 2008 10:18:53 pm    Post subject:

I've been considering the walkable maps thing. For now, I will continue to make the world high-quality menu based. Once the first version of the game is done and I know its limitations, I will consider real maps.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Sep 2008 10:28:57 pm    Post subject:

if you're going to put a lot of work into a "first version" you might as well make it pretty good.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement