This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
vanchagreen

Posted: 27 Jul 2008 07:10:48 pm    Post subject:

So this is the game that I was planning on entering into Cemetech's contest. Unfortunately, I prematurely told people about my project and got disqualified. sad.gif

But I created it anyway, and the screenshot below shows some of the game. Unfortunately, WabbitEmu made a very slow image, but rest assured, it's at least twice as fast on the calculator (and that's a TI83+). Also I wasn't able to include my totally awesome title page, as WabbitEmu froze when I tried to unarchive some lists. confused.gif Any help in that subject would be welcome

Anyway. my problem is that I only have 3 levels for my game. sad.gif Sadly, i don't think I'm that good at making them... I ripped the first two out of pokemon, and the last one is terrible. blush.gif So if anybody could give me some ideas for levels - pictures would be the best as it would enable me to code it into the game quickly - that would be great. laugh.gif I've also added the program shown on the emulator as an attachment, if you want to try it out on your own. It would be helpful if someone could tell me what it's like on a TI-84+/SE calc, as I did it on a TI-83+. Also I realize that I still have the axes on, but I had put all of that stuff on my title page section of the code, which made WabbitEmu freeze, despite the fact that it works fine on my calc. confused.gif

Thanks in advance - vanchagreen

PS. I'm not sure if this topic belongs in the TI-Basic Forum or the Project Ideas/Start New Projects forum, so I if I put it in the wrong place I would appreciate it if someone would move it.

Edit A: I put it in both forums.

Edit B: I don't know why the image runs faster on this website than if I were to access it from my Desktop, but I'm not complaining. laugh.gif This is actually pretty close to the speed on my calc. ...Which probably could be faster. blush.gif

[attachment=2424:attachment]
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Jul 2008 12:26:06 am    Post subject:

Hey, it's like the Chip's Challenge block puzzles. Definitely tough to design those kinds of maps.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 Jul 2008 08:09:57 am    Post subject:

As I was watching, it looked rather similar to another game that I couldn't remember. Then I got it - have you seen Donut Quest II? Nevertheless, it looks like a fun game in its own right. No such thing as too many good puzzle games!
vanchagreen

Posted: 28 Jul 2008 09:55:35 am    Post subject:

DigiTan~ Yes it is tough to make these maps. I'm good at solving them, but terrible at making them. Very Happy

alexrudd~ I have played Donut Quest II, it's a great game but I couldn't get past the first level. I don't think it's that similar though. :confused: Then again it's been ages since I've last played it. And sorry about posting this in two different topics. I'll try to avoid it in the future. Very Happy
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 02:46:38 am    Post subject:

To clear something up, WabbitEmu doesnt make slow screenshots, it actually makes them quite fast. Its just that not all apps/browsers support animated gifs with frame delays of <10ms. So if wabbit captures at say 6ms and an app is showing it at 10ms then the app is almost going to show it at half speed ... get what i mean? :X.

Either way it works fine in the newest version of opera and i must say it looks great! Smile.
vanchagreen

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 10:21:52 am    Post subject:

Thanks! I think what you described is correct, it's quite fast on firefox.
vanchagreen

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 03:46:06 pm    Post subject:

Ok, so I made a screen shot of my title screen, and the instructions section, despite the fact that WabbitEmu freezes every time I try to Archive and Unarchive the lists that hold the coordinates for the title screen's picture. If anyone could help me fix that it would be great.

And if anyone is good at making puzzles I need help making more levels for my game!

PS. I made the Instruction Tutorial on a whim, and looking at it seems kind of stupid. Should I keep it?

Last edited by Guest on 30 Jul 2008 03:47:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:08:38 pm    Post subject:

Just condense it into one screen with all four block types and a description.
vanchagreen

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:19:28 pm    Post subject:

There's no way it would all fit though.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:25:57 pm    Post subject:

Sure it would.

* - The block you control.
o - A block you can push.
X - An obstacle.
+ - Move here to win.

Now you have two screens (the controls screen and this) that you should be able to switch between by selecting "more".

Edit: I would avoid writing the descriptions letter by letter, it gets annoying quickly.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Jul 2008 04:28:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
vanchagreen

Posted: 30 Jul 2008 04:33:55 pm    Post subject:

Thanks DarkerLine, I'll do that. And you're right writing words letter by letter, especially at that slow speed, is quite annoying.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement