This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Calculator Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 05:23:39 pm    Post subject:

I can't seem to figure out how to send levels for the ion program Mario to the calculator. I use Ti-connect software, since I don't have any com-ports, and it always says "Incompatible Type" and doesn't send it. Even if I put it in a group it won't work. How can I get around this?
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 08:48:10 pm    Post subject:

Google "TiLP".

Last edited by Guest on 25 Jul 2008 08:51:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
brandonw

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Jul 2008 08:50:08 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, TI Connect is full of issues like this. If the slightest thing is wrong with a file, TI Connect will throw a completely irrelevant error and not let you send/receive it.

TiLP has its own issues, but it does work.
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 04:12:55 pm    Post subject:

TiLP won't work. It always complains that some file is missing even if I reinstall it. Is there any other software that works?
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 29 Jul 2008 04:20:23 pm    Post subject:

make sure you're not mixing up files for the regular TI-83 vs. TI-83+. They may seem related, but a program for the regular 83 won't send/work on an 83+. Note that the 83+, 83+SE, 84+, and 84+SE are all compatible with each other, just not the TI-83.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 01 Aug 2008 03:41:49 am    Post subject:

There seem to be a lot of Mario levels with invalid names according to TI-Connect. Graphlink would always give me the option of changing the name, but Ti Connect just gives you a stupid error.

Too bad you don't have any COM ports, graphlink really is the best program imo.

I would suggest trying other levels, not all of them have this problem.
bfr

Posted: 01 Aug 2008 06:52:51 pm    Post subject:

thebetter1 wrote:
TiLP won't work.  It always complains that some file is missing even if I reinstall it.  Is there any other software that works?
[post="125620"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Are you using this version of TiLP? It comes with the USB driver needed and the installer can automatically install the GTK+ 2.6 libraries, I think. You may need to uninstall the old TiLP2 and maybe TI-Connect too ("It's strongly recommended you uninstall Ti-Connect(tm) / Computer Link(tm) before installing this software because the USB drivers are not compatible." - I have TiLP and TI-Connect installed on my Windows XP computer, but I use a black serial cable).

Last edited by Guest on 01 Aug 2008 07:04:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebetter1

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 05:59:51 pm    Post subject:

Okay, now I have another question, although this one is just about problems with Mario. I got some extremely hard levels from ticalc, but sometimes they behave oddly. Occasionally, it quits out of Mario back into MirageOS very fast, and leaving Mirage causes a crash. If I go back into the game, the screen stays on but nothing happens, and pressing second causes the screen to turn blue. Of course, I pulled a battery as fast as possible when this happened. Is the problem in the Mario program or the level?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 16 Aug 2008 11:22:51 pm    Post subject:

I haven't heard of that bug yet, but I'm inclined to think it's something with the level. Not sure though.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement