This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 07 Jul 2008 04:01:49 pm    Post subject:

THIS IS ONLY FOR THE TI-84 PLUS SE and 83 SE. I'm using the 15 mhz mode only available for these calcs.

*last screeny*

I thought it would be a good idea to post my new project thingy because it's Bungie day today ( kudos to Halo ftw).

To start it off, it's called Blobby's Adventure atm, some weird friend of Mario (maybe related to calc84maniac Very Happy) and symbolizes.. not to mention how little creativity I have.

Blobby's Adventure is a noobie side-scrolling\platformer game like thing that uses my amazing ineffecient coding skillz to the max.

To intesify the intensity (oh yea!), i'll list what's chillin' about this project. So far it supports:

->4 way smooth scrolling
->Support for objects and crap that are limited to 8x8 ( no bosses lol)
->Collision detection with the tile map AND the objects
->Animations and garbly stuff like that
->It runs on an interrupt for good speed consistency
->Written in assembly for maximum speed :}
->Other assembly exploitations for object to object creation\ etc.

hawwt
-----
more hawtness <333

Thanks, yea, i'm not an artist, and no worries my bros, I only write free source codez atm so when the "product" is done, it'll have the pretty source code which is about 3,800 lines atm with some comments.

When i'm not surfing the internet or playing Halo, i'll give some time to this project.
Shame that with the other hardcore projects in works, my awesomeness is gonna be undermined. :[
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Demo thingy
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: Graph = exit, left\right\up\down
Screen is not updated as it starts the thingy you gotta scroll around.
It has some goomba thingies that run around ( little animated feet lollll!), some coins that don't look like coins. You can jump around and stuff, which isn't any fun, but it will be fun when i finish it :D

Kthxbai

Note:this project will deviate away from a mario look in some time, 'cuz this is mario's friend and he has his own adventure :thumbsup:

All routines written by others will be properly cited (like 4 routines, like fastcopy, putspriteXOR, etc)

Last edited by Guest on 31 Jan 2009 03:25:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spencer

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 08 Jul 2008 04:35:34 am    Post subject:

This is a great start. I bet it would be easier for you to test if you updated the screen at the start. You can also use Wabbitemu to take screenshots.

View in firefox for full speed.
tr1p1ea

Elite

Posted: 08 Jul 2008 07:59:24 am    Post subject:

Looking pretty damned sweet cj! Im VERY impressed! Very Happy.

How long have you been working on this?
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 08 Jul 2008 01:55:59 pm    Post subject:

I've been working on this for a bit of time, just really haven't had time to get anywhere decent. However, luckily, it's summer, and I can actually make a full fledged game.

I also somehow need to get better grfx (you gotta admit, graphics do really make a game Razz). =X

Um, the game will have more speed later when I take some time to use a good interrupt comprimise to give the code the most speed it can use. Atm, it runs at a 3/110 second timer (counts 3 times at 110hz before looping the main loop). If i remove the interrupt, it becomes really fast which is good, noting that I have much more to add. ;-)

p.s Lol, the whole in the map was purposely done for other tests ;o.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jul 2008 01:59:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Jul 2008 06:14:58 pm    Post subject:

it looks pretty fast to me. maybe you should mask the sprite when it goes through the cloud things.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 02:13:13 pm    Post subject:

ooh, yay got my first emulator downloaded in 2 yearz <3

thx wabbitemu :]

->object 2 object creation
->goomba pwnage
->more stuff comin' soon :]]]]]

Last edited by Guest on 10 Jul 2008 02:17:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 05:18:14 pm    Post subject:

Definately something for the community to look foreward too. It sort of takes me back to the SQRXZ character.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 06:33:20 pm    Post subject:

nice! you know he kinda looks like kirby right now.
black-salamander

Posted: 10 Jul 2008 10:45:27 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
nice! you know he kinda looks like kirby right now.

Needs to be more rounded, a bit fatter too Razz
On the other hand, wonderful game! I wonder how it will compete if it were to become a Mario game...
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 11 Jul 2008 10:20:56 pm    Post subject:

Er, updates: shell like thingy thing and block thats coin limited ;o

Um, atm, shell doesn't hurt other things.
Enemies can walk thru push blocks.

Things i will be working on:
->different collisions for different directional walking
->how objects are deleted, like atm all objects are deleted when they hit the screen edge and restored as of new...which is bad for objects that aren't supposed to come back Surprised
->more hardcore grfx and animations.

blobby's adventure iz teh pwnzsauce Very Happy

Last edited by Guest on 03 Jul 2009 12:41:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 02:07:37 pm    Post subject:

Looks like you've got a really good begining here. I'm looking foward to seeing how it develops. The graphics dont really look to bad either.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 05:32:16 pm    Post subject:

Nice job! Only thing I noticed that I didn't like so much was that Blobby is xor-ed onto the screen. This makes him look weird when he goes in front of things. Maybe you should look into sprite masking for a different approach.

Other than that, awesome! I really look forward to a release! Smile
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 07:26:13 pm    Post subject:

I'll be working on the sprite masking after I finish the general "engine" of the game.

I'll make everything into an "AND\OR" mask sprite in the end.. Making a mask for like 30 images is gonna be uber boring.

->Update, i made a custom object deletion thingy. F.E, theres the coin box thingy (the smily box lol), it's created when it comes to the screen. You hit it once, get a coin, and you leave the area, deleting the coin box when it hits the edge, resetting all data about it including how many coins it has already given... You come back and get another coin from the new box... glitch much? Well, now, that certain coin box is NOT deleted after it is created, meaning that you can't reset the number of allowed coins gotten to get an infinite coin supply.

->Shell now has double the speed as it previously did.

->other house-cleaning fixes.

Last edited by Guest on 12 Jul 2008 07:27:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 12 Jul 2008 08:02:01 pm    Post subject:

cjgone wrote:
I'll make everything into an "AND\OR" mask sprite in the end.. Making a mask for like 30 images is gonna be uber boring.

that's what spasm is for lol
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 02:11:33 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
that's what spasm is for lol

Are you saying that I don't have to draw every pic by hand? :o

Where is this Spasm you speak of?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 06:40:19 pm    Post subject:

spasm = spencer's assembler. check out the luby's thread on compiler issues. spasm2 is almost done. spasm1 did support this:

Code:
#include "mysprite.bmp"

i don't remember if it autogenerated masks. Spencer mentioned something about using non-gs colors for masks but idk if that's 1 or 2

spasm2 will support gs.
WikiGuru
ADOS (Attention deficit... Oh! Shiny!)

Elite

Posted: 13 Jul 2008 10:34:13 pm    Post subject:

Or use imagestudio... Draw your sprites, send it through imagestudio, and then copy/paste the code into your program. It even supports greyscale (up to 8 levels).
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 12:19:47 am    Post subject:

I do use image studio, but i dunno if it can make a mask?
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 01:36:53 am    Post subject:

In think right now, Spasm is poised to integrate all the relevant features of Paint, Image Studio and possibly even a few image compression algorithms into a single interface. For now, things seem to be moving in the right direction anyway, so I'd just keep it mind when you start up the and/xor redrawing.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 08:12:47 pm    Post subject:

ya, pitty you usually can't paintbucket what you want to be the mask. too much overflow. though nothing wrong w/ making masks by hand.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 4 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement