This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
MSR5

Posted: 22 Jun 2008 08:48:59 pm    Post subject:

I am in the process of developing a RPG with a non-linear plot, xlib graphics, and a huge amount of space in the mapes

It will probally have maps for towns/cities, a world map, and a map on the outer space level

Also it will have some side quests that will aid in the game play, some will be able to do more than once, like interplanetary drug running for money

8X8 sprites for interplanetory spcae travel

16X16 for anything on the planets

I know how to program most of this, but I need help on several other things

First I need some one that can make good sprites (my sprites suck)

Second, help on the hit detection where when moving into certain parts of the map it reacts ex moving into a wall won't do anything while moving into a door enters a building. Right now i am stuck at moving the sprites into anything it should but no reaction. Mad

thanks

If you want to be in the game go to the topic "Ti websites" in the forum

Update

This project is dead, sort of. I have decided to move on to bigger and better things, and what could that be? :confused: The TI 84+ SE just does not have the features or the processing power that I would like; therefore, I thought of a PC and Java. Smile I plan on making this game for the PC because programming in Java is easier and more powerful, plus audio and color are now an option for the game. :biggrin: Since the game will be made on a PC I plan on making it bigger and better than it could ever be on a calculator, so production time for this will probally be 1 to 3 years.

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jun 2008 11:13:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
black-salamander

Posted: 22 Jun 2008 08:58:22 pm    Post subject:

well, for hit detection, you can designate certain hotspots inside the matrix while keeping the character's location within the matrix, so when the character moves into a wall, say designated as 1 inside the matrix, you can use this(for moving down):

Code:
If 1=/=[A](X+1,Y
X+1->X

This will prevent the character from moving down if there was a wall. This can also be used for doors, just tell the hotspot to jump to another map, or do whatever you wish it to do.

Code:
If 2=[A](X+1,Y
Goto (lbl);or whatever you need here

Hope that helps, and good luck on your project.
MSR5

Posted: 22 Jun 2008 09:04:50 pm    Post subject:

well is there other ways to do the code so it adviods using the Goto function, it has a tendency to slow things down and make the program more complecated than it has to be
black-salamander

Posted: 22 Jun 2008 10:46:02 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, I put the Goto there just to show one thing you can do following the original template.
DJ Omnimaga
http://i-lost-the-ga.me

Calc Guru

Posted: 24 Jun 2008 05:04:49 pm    Post subject:

if that Goto isn't inside a While/Repeat/For(/Then/Else loop it should be fine. If not, you'll lose RAM everytime this Goto is executed and eventually the game will slow down more and more to finally give an ERR:MEMORY (and gives you your RAM lost during execution back). However if your program is huge and you Goto from the bottom back to the top it will load slow, no matter what
MSR5

Posted: 24 Jun 2008 05:19:34 pm    Post subject:

thx
Just to give an idea of what the game will look like it will be somewhat like flashtrek. My game will be similar (in the aspect of a space trading game), but you will be able to go onto the planets, and there will be no moving ships all over the place.
Also, just to say it will be a lot easier to gain galatic domination in Empire than in flashtrek. :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 24 Jun 2008 11:14:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement