This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 10:49:20 am    Post subject:

I think this is worthy of a double post Smile . A new screenshot, showing that you can get hit by enemies now:
[attachment=2438:attachment]
You can see the second number decreasing if you get hit, that's the number of lives left.
There's also level support now, new enemies just appear after you killed the last wave. They don't fly in like in cjgone's shooter but it works.

And now the big news....
First public alpha
[attachment=2439:attachment]
Download and send to your calculator. It should work on anything that's 83+ compatible. Note that this was never tested on actual hardware (although pindurTI is excellent, it's not the same) and might crash your calculator. Backup all your important data, or test this in an emulator.

Try if you can beat it without losing a life.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 01:37:18 pm    Post subject:

Nice, looks good.

Erm, you can fly into the enemies and not get hurt. Not sure if that's intended or if you're planning to add collision for that. ;o

Last edited by Guest on 18 Aug 2008 01:37:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 02:54:27 pm    Post subject:

are the scanlines when you go inverted caused by the emulator?
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 07:34:46 pm    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
are the scanlines when you go inverted caused by the emulator?
[post="126114"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Yes, pindurTI has a weird way of rendering the fading of the pixels. I finally got around to testing it on actual hardware, and it didn't have scanlines. It works fine too, don't be scared that it will ruin your calculator Smile.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 18 Aug 2008 08:48:49 pm    Post subject:

why don't you use wabbitemu? i find the default LCD physics are little better on wabbit
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 19 Aug 2008 09:59:17 am    Post subject:

I have no problem with pindurTI, the emulation is near perfect.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 01:45:05 pm    Post subject:

Hehe, I found out that you can't actually die because I forgot a JP Z,Exit somewhere Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 Aug 2008 02:40:19 pm    Post subject:

I just set the LCD up/down velocity to 100 all the time. But I think Pindur's doing an accurate portrayal of LCD refreshing.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Aug 2008 06:52:51 pm    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
why don't you use wabbitemu?  i find the default LCD physics are little better on wabbit
[post="126125"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
OK, I found out that touhou barely even works on WabbitEmu. On pindurTI, it behaves exactly like the actualy calc. However, it's way too fast on WabbitEmu! I'm not even emulating an 84+, and even if I were, I never set fast mode so there would be no reason for these ridicilous speeds.

I'm guessing it has something to do with interrupts.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 08:57:23 am    Post subject:

strange, well ask Spencer. he says that it should accurately emulate calc.

what OS version is the rom?
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 09:08:21 am    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
strange, well ask Spencer.  he says that it should accurately emulate calc.

what OS version is the rom?
[post="126316"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
1.18, I dumped it myself from the latest TI-OS. I have no problems whatsoever with pindurTI, and the problem is almost certainly caused by wrong interrupt frequencies.
cjgone
Aw3s0m3

Posted: 24 Aug 2008 12:29:38 pm    Post subject:

Yea, I tried the game on Wabbit and the speed was way to fast.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Aug 2008 07:19:58 am    Post subject:

I posted in the bug report thread, Spencer says he will look into it.

Have people found other problems after running the alpha? It should be almost bug-free, but there might be problems in there that I couldn't find. How does it run on the 83+SE and 84+?
Chasney913

Posted: 26 Aug 2008 08:31:42 am    Post subject:

I have an 84+ SE, and it seems to run at a manageable pace. Mind you, I only tried it on easy, but it seems like it's working.

By the way, it looks like a great game. I'm excited for it.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 26 Aug 2008 01:01:59 pm    Post subject:

Chasney913 wrote:
I have an 84+ SE, and it seems to run at a manageable pace. Mind you, I only tried it on easy, but it seems like it's working.

By the way, it looks like a great game. I'm excited for it.
[post="126404"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
There's no difference between difficulties yet Wink, they all run the same level. What you see now will probably become Normal difficulty.

How is the speed on the 84+SE compared to the screenshots? The 83+ and 84+ seem to have different interrupt speeds, it might even run slower on your calculator because of that.
Chasney913

Posted: 26 Aug 2008 06:54:32 pm    Post subject:

It seemed to run a tiny bit faster (from what I can tell) but it was really difficult for me to notice a difference. Mind you, my calculator isn't in front of me, so I'm going by memory, but that's what it seems like.

I have noticed that other games run noticeably slower on the 84+, however. Breakout, for example seems to go about twice as slow on the 84+, making the 83+ challenging when switching over to, say, try and beat a friend's score. Hopefully this game won't have too much of a difference, but I understand that the interrupts may be somewhat different.
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 29 Aug 2008 07:00:59 am    Post subject:

I talked with Spencer, and I fixed the WabbitEmu problems. It turned out to be a bug in Wabbit, but a change in my interrupt code allows Touhou to be run fine without changing the emulator.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 04:22:01 am    Post subject:

good both ways. glad that was resolved.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 07:33:40 am    Post subject:

Wow. I'm amazed that anyone else had even heard of these games. I'm pretty excited.

But it's going to be hard to do this on an 83+. Paschal Moon-Reflecting Satellite Slash!

Are you planning on sticking with the teeny-tiny hitbox? Because that does tend to change gameplay a lot. Also, if it were me, I wouldn't do the character portraits for the spell cards because that would get annoying without transparency.

It looks awesome!
fourchanb

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 30 Aug 2008 01:53:55 pm    Post subject:

IAmACalculator wrote:
Wow.  I'm amazed that anyone else had even heard of these games.  I'm pretty excited.

But it's going to be hard to do this on an 83+.  Paschal Moon-Reflecting Satellite Slash!

Are you planning on sticking with the teeny-tiny hitbox? Because that does tend to change gameplay a lot.  Also, if it were me, I wouldn't do the character portraits for the spell cards because that would get annoying without transparency.

It looks awesome!
[post="126488"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
The small hitbox is implemented yes Smile. That's why it's possible to survive with that many bullets on-screen. I don't know about the extreme bullet patterns, they take a lot of coding time. It would be easier to just have a lot of smaller enemies swarm out to help the bosses.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement