This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 06:59:57 am    Post subject:

For its fifth official contest, Cemetech has announced that the topic will be puzzle games. Two classes of entries are being accepted, pure BASIC and pure ASM. Note that hybrid BASIC (ie, BASIC using Xlib or similar) does not constitute a valid entry. The topic is pretty broad, so the contestants have some latitude in where they go with the idea; so far there are about six BASIC contestants and two or three assembly contestants. Entries must be received by contest@cemetech.com where .com is .net by 11:59pm EDT, Friday, July 25, 2008. The full rules of the contest as debated by the current entrants:

1) Only pure BASIC or pure ASM programs may be submitted. No code may be borrowed from other programs, but ASM programs may be made for a shell such as Ion, Doors CS, or MirageOS to take advantage of that shell's libraries.

2) All entries must be new projects or previously-unannounced projects. Announcing or publicizing your entry before results of the contest are revealed will lead to disqualification.

3) Prizes are not finalized yet, but there has been discussion of Cemetech merchandise and/or calculator hardware, accessories, or carrying cases of some kind.

Please make a comment in the attached thread or at http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3093 indicating that you'll be participating in the contest if you haven't done so already, and good luck!
c_plus_plus
My Face Hertz

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 10:02:56 am    Post subject:

Is this thread taboo or something? I'd expect it to have more traffic in three hours than none.

kermmartian wrote:
2) All entries must be new projects or previously-unannounced projects.  Announcing or publicizing your entry before results of the contest are revealed will lead to disqualification.[post="124709"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So If been working on an (unnamed unannounced) project for a while, (please tell me this vague mention doesn't count as announcing a project) then it is fair game for an entry if I just need some finishing touches?
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 10:10:31 am    Post subject:

Yup, that's within the rules.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jul 2008 12:22:32 pm    Post subject:

Just a reminder, one week left until the deadline! Submit your entries by midnight EDT next Friday.
Igrek

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 05:07:29 am    Post subject:

I was working a while ago on a puzzle game (in BASIC), I was planning to continue working on it in August. But... my plans changed so I have a week to finish it. Can I still join the contest or is there also deadline for joining?
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 10:12:01 am    Post subject:

I think the only limitation is that you need to be a Cemetech member.
Taricorp

Posted: 21 Jul 2008 10:30:13 am    Post subject:

Correct, just register on cemetech sometime before the contest deadline.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement