This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 05:10:59 pm    Post subject:

I finally turned in all my homework for French, English, Math, etc. that happened to be due on the same day. My backpack weighs more than a pound lighter!
yugniht

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 05:16:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
English class is just pointless though.

don't you live in the netherlands or something? So would this be a foreign language course or do they require you to take an english class similar to the one we take in the states? I'm confused. Maybe you're american and moved there, that way, you still take english. I don't know what I'm talking about Smile
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 05:17:12 pm    Post subject:

Who are you talking to?
62 52 53 53
Formerly known as 62 52 53 53

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 05:52:27 pm    Post subject:

If you don't do it, you get a 0, regardless of whether it helps you to learn, or not. It should be that if you need to do it and don't, you'll get a 45% on a test, because it's just more work for those who can learn without it. However, writing long reports/themes is often hard to do in class, and should be assigned as LONG TERM homework.
omni

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 06:45:09 pm    Post subject:

Is English supposed to be incredibly annoying or is it my teacher? After watching a movie about cloning we were supposed to write a 2 page essay on our opinion and comments; and it was to be due that period!! Are we supposed to learn by writing long essays? Shouldn't the teacher teach first, then assign work? And now adays the teachers want us to write like pages and pages of a certain topic, when most of us can only write 1/2 -1 page of relevent information.
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 08:52:56 pm    Post subject:

Essays are better than worksheets and other mindless things, because at least there is the opportunity to show creative thought.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
The ninjas shall never die!
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
yugniht

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 09:24:14 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
Who are you talking to?

I was speaking to arcane wizard, 4th post from the bottom of the first page of this topic
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 13 Nov 2003 10:20:56 pm    Post subject:

I hate English...

My teacher is a witch (she admits it too!)

and we have a huge research paper Sad
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 07:55:55 am    Post subject:

The way I see it is that you need homework to get used to the fact that you need to do stuff, when you get a job you'll probably get 'homework' too.

Oh, and aloha, could you tone down the exclamation points please? It looks like you're yelling all the time. Thanks.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 14 Nov 2003 04:04:06 pm    Post subject:

The difference is when I get a job I enjoy I will not think of the 'homework' as boring.

English is easy at my school, I really hate French. I think that if you can get 100% on a test you do not need the homework.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement