This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
MechaTech84

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 08:02:09 pm    Post subject:

I am going to attempt to create a Fire Emblem remake for the TI 89, if possible, I plan to make it in TI-BASIC. If not, then I have to learn C... Yeah... Anyway, I know for a fact I don't know enough TI-BASIC for the 89, so I will need some fairly specific help with how to do stuff and syntaxes and such...

I also plan to make it in 3 or 4 lvl grayscale, and I'll probably use converted sprites from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones. I am going to go as fast as possible, but only in spare time. And only if I can get at least a few people who would play the game...

Please post if you would be interested in playing such a game.

Thanks for your time,
--Mecha
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 08:10:12 pm    Post subject:

I definitely wouldn't mind. In fact, I would actually like to. Now I can play FE: Sacred Stones without buying it Razz
MechaTech84

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 08:14:04 pm    Post subject:

Well, it won't be an exact copy, but it will have the same game mechanics, similar story, etc. But it won't be a clone...
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 09:35:13 pm    Post subject:

@MechaTech: I tried e-mailing you about this, but I don't know if I sent it to the correct address :/ I'm still willing to help, I just need to relearn 89 Basic, so just let me know what to do and where to get started.
Art_of_camelot

Posted: 09 Mar 2008 10:07:54 pm    Post subject:

Yes, i think this would be a really nice game idea . If you actually plan to use 3-4 grays in gameplay you are going to need an ASM lib(Flib perhaps) or you will need to use C or ASM. It is doable for still pics in pure BASIC, but it would be to slow for actual gameplay.
MechaTech84

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 07:37:45 pm    Post subject:

@trevmeister, sorry about that, I almost never check my email.... nothing personal, I'll check it today and see if I get anything.

@art of camelot, thanks! I was wondering how to do the grayscale, I'll check out some libs, I completely forgot about 'em!
trevmeister66

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 08:46:09 pm    Post subject:

No problem. I took a look at flib once, although I never did anything with it, so really i have no experience with it at all...
MechaTech84

Posted: 10 Mar 2008 09:34:49 pm    Post subject:

I'm checking out Flib right as I type this... looks useful to say the least, and a little confusing... But, I only started about 2 minutes ago so whatever.... I'll figure it out...

Edit: I have (with the help and guidance of Trevmeister) decided to use C to program this game. Although I will have to learn C, Trevmeister and I believe this will be the best to use because of increased speed, better graphics, and Trevmeister is more confortable programming in C. Trevmeister has already decided to help, but if anyone else wants to help, I could use a few people with vivid imaginations. Mostly I need people to work on a storyline, but if you want to work on something specific, please email me, my email address is my screenname @yahoo(123).com take out the part in parenthesis.

@Trevmeister: the upload didn't work, and I got to go right now. I'll get it to ya!

Edit2: I added the zip file, but you will also need to download the zip from this location: Sprite Sheets Download (download should start immediantly)

Last edited by Guest on 11 Mar 2008 01:19:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 04:09:24 pm    Post subject:

well good luck! sounds like you have a plan Smile
MechaTech84

Posted: 11 Mar 2008 06:28:17 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! This is going to be Challenging, but fun at the same time, the ULTIMATE Combination!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement