This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
angel14995

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 05:25:48 pm    Post subject:

Ok, I recently installed a tax program for my parents on the computer. Everyone has a limited account and then there is a master administrator account only me and I parents know the password to (they are pretty out of the loop when it comes to computers). I installed the tax program on the computer as the admin, and saw that it was done. After about 20 minutes, I needed the internet, so I logged onto my account and tried to boot up Firefox. Problem. Big one. Firefox wouldn't connect at all, it just kept saying it was receiving information, but nothing past that. I then went onto the admin account to make sure the internet wasn't completely down, and it worked just fine. I did a system restore to uninstall and revert all changes, and then tried again with the same problem. I just tried once more and just did a system restore, and I have no idea what is the matter. I think I need a little help...

I don't think that the computer specs are required, but we are going through a router and a modem. We are also running Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 05:44:37 pm    Post subject:

Is IE6/IE7 working?
angel14995

Posted: 11 Feb 2008 05:56:36 pm    Post subject:

IE7 is working on the admin when the program is installed, not on any of the limited accounts. When I do the system restore, it works on all the accounts.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 11:10:14 pm    Post subject:

Okay, so IE and FireFox both do not work from a Limited Account? Is it the Internet connection?
angel14995

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 03:13:17 pm    Post subject:

No, it's not because the administrator account can access the internet. And I just decided to get my mom to return it, it's to much of a hassle, and the guy I talked to at tech support said he could help me after he elevated it in a week. Too long, we're getting a refund.
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 08:17:57 pm    Post subject:

What was the program just curious. Did you return just the program?
angel14995

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 08:22:09 pm    Post subject:

I think it was TaxCut. Yeah, Taxcut 2008. And yeah, we just returned the program. The guys at Dell and H&R Block were just as helpful as a bag of potatoes. Dell told me my warranty was out of date (which it wasn't, but I really don't care), and H&R Block man was basically like "WTF is this problem? Never heard of it before!", and then putting me on a waiting list for a higher level of service... a week later it should come... Not much else.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Feb 2008 08:22:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 09:13:14 pm    Post subject:

Dell never lies about a system being out of contract. What is your service tag? Did you look it up? Did I mention that with most contracts, Dell is responsible for the hardware only unless you pay a bunch of money to speak to someone from INdia.

Bag of Potatoes... You make the hash browns and I will bring the ketchup.
angel14995

Posted: 29 Feb 2008 09:37:10 pm    Post subject:

Eh, who knows. My mom bought this computer, not me. And I know about the compuer software issue, my mom told me to call Dell anyways...

And I hate hash browns. Fries or Downey's Potato Chips is your choice (Downey's RULES!!!)
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement