This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 01:47:41 am    Post subject:

I have the music on my computer sorted by artist, and then subfolders for albums.

Artist 1
-Album 1
-Album 2
Artist 2
-Album 1

I have an external hard drive connected to my Jeep's stereo, and it's a lot easier to navigate if there's only one layer of folders.

Artist 1 - Album 1
Artist 1 - Album 2
Artist 2 - Album 1

Is it possible to write a script that will join the artist level folder name with the album sub folder name and copy over all the songs? To make things more complicated, not every artist has a sub folder.

Artist 3
-Song 1.mp3
-Song 2.mp3

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I'm REALLY not looking forward to doing this by hand, especially as my collection continues to grow.

Thanks!

Spyderbyte
JoeImp
Enlightened

Posted: 05 Jan 2008 04:32:26 am    Post subject:

If nobody else has helped you out before I wake up tomorrow, I'll code you up something that will do it. Almost 5am now, gotta sleep.

[EDIT]

I assume you're using windows? Would be a lot easier to use win32 api calls, but I dont want to boot into windows to code Sad

Last edited by Guest on 05 Jan 2008 03:12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 12:33:14 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the quick reply, and yes, I'm using Windows.

I'm hoping Vista can support the same code as XP, although I do also have access to a few computers with XP.

Thanks again

Spyderbyte
Taricorp

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 03:20:54 pm    Post subject:

I think you can do it with easytag. I did something similar to that with easytag a while ago, so it should be reasonably easy.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 03:43:44 pm    Post subject:

I think he was talking about folders, not the actual sound files.
Taricorp

Posted: 06 Jan 2008 10:23:00 pm    Post subject:

He was, but Easytag will move the files as well (read the album, move it to a folder named with the album name).
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement