This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 31 Dec 2007 11:30:01 am    Post subject:

These past few weeks I've been working on an RPG.

There are a lot of things going into it, and I'll explain more later, but for now here's a screenshot of the movement system (I didn't make most of the sprites... but yeah).

(Note that when you climb down the ladder on a real calculator it fades to black and then back to a normal contrast).

The world of Ethanderial is full of culture, and many different races.

There are three large cities in Ethanderial. They are Tork (a city of snowdwelling rocky scaled beings called wurks), Remalia (a city of elves integrated into a forest) and Nitaka (a large city of humans).

The wurks are large and have a hard rock shell from which protrudes the head, arms and legs. Inside this shell burns an intensely hot fire which keeps the body warm and upon command can be forced out of a wurks mouth. The wurks live in a very cold and snowy land, most of them in the large city of Tork. The cold climate keeps the fire burning inside the wurks at a comfortable (for them) temperature.

The elves are fast, quiet and intelligent beings. They are hidden deep within the forest of Eral and most of them live in the city of Remalia. They are very serious soldiers. Very strong. However, they aren't as dangerous as you would expect, assuming you stay on there good side.

Humans are the most abundant of the races. There are many medium sized and several large cities of them, however the largest would be Nitaka. Humans in this world are constantly searching for power and fighting there enemies. The only two things more important to them then power are money and family.

I'll post more on the main story line soon.
Rebma Boss

Posted: 31 Dec 2007 07:50:39 pm    Post subject:

Hey, looks great!
vuurrobin

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 Jan 2008 07:16:37 pm    Post subject:

I already saw this on omnimaga, but it looks great.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 04 Jan 2008 09:05:33 pm    Post subject:

I've been doing a lot of spriting this past week. I have all outdoor spriting done and half of the indoor (for inside buildings/shops). I have yet to really start any dungeon spriting though. I'll have to start that this weekend.

After that I'm gonna write the map database system.
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 09:08:09 pm    Post subject:

Home, sweet home

Entrance to a large city of humans (water needs a *lot* of work, but other then that it's fine)

^ Nothing all that impressive, just proof that I'm working ;)

I'll start with enemy sprites now.
simonzack

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 03:46:52 am    Post subject:

It actually is impressive Very Happy
JoostinOnline

Posted: 23 Jan 2008 08:59:17 am    Post subject:

Super Speler wrote:
^ Nothing all that impressive, just proof that I'm working Wink
[post="119290"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

If you saw my excuse for sprites, you wouldn't say that :biggrin:
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 Jan 2008 05:38:11 pm    Post subject:

nice tileset!
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 30 Jan 2008 10:29:49 pm    Post subject:

I have yet to name the gods so I put what they are god of in quotes. Yes, I am aware of the plot holes and unrealistic things, they are there on purpose.

Before time, before space, there was only the three brothers. They never fought, though they were often bored. One day the eldest of the three brothers 'EARTH' decided to create the land of Ethanderial. He spent years shaping it and his brother 'LIGHT' created the sun so that the brothers may see. It would be a place where the brothers could enjoy themselves. For many years they played but slowly, once again, the boredom emerged.

'LIFE' thought the problem must be a lack of others to play with. He created three brothers: 'FIRE' master of fire, 'WATER' master of water, and 'DEATH' master of death.

The brothers had a lot of fun for a long time, but yet again the boredom emerged. 'LIFE' saw how effective his past strategy had worked and decided to try it again. This time it'd be different though, the people he created would be able to themselves create others and there would be immense fun. 'LIFE' created many types of animals and races.

Everyone else had fun, but 'LIFE' soon found that he couldn't. He was no longer needed to create and without creating he grew bitter and depressed. Soon realizing he was no longer needed, nor liked, he left Ethanderial to go to a new plane of existence. There he has remained for eons...
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 08:49:31 pm    Post subject:

Zaphod Beeblebrox

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 08:51:46 pm    Post subject:

Wow, that looks really nice. I assume you're rotating between the pictures you're recalling from to get the moving tilemap? That's pretty cool.
luby
I want to go back to Philmont!!

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 09:36:27 pm    Post subject:

O...M...G...

Wow. Looks very nice. Is it very code intensive?
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 13 Feb 2008 10:10:29 pm    Post subject:

It's not code intensive at all, at least not what you see here.
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 06:50:25 pm    Post subject:

nice! but it does do a bit of a number on the eyes -.-
Ph34r_my_l33t_skillz

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 Feb 2008 09:20:10 pm    Post subject:

Looks really cool! Can't wait to see the final product! Smile
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Apr 2008 06:03:44 pm    Post subject:

Yes, this is still being worked on.

Anyway, I was just looking at some screenshots for other games and decided I'm going to need to revamp my sprite sheet (which I used to be pretty proud of, but that's how it goes).

Also, I'm trying to come up with small things to make the world more 'believable' (which is the purpose of the snow and myth's of the land). Any ideas?
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 08 Apr 2008 04:44:29 pm    Post subject:

nice to hear it's not dead :)

as for more ideas for the backstory, consider socioeconomic circumstances. Although rarely have I played an RPG where that was central to the plot, such considerations can often add an extra bit of depth and tension to the central story imho :biggrin:
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Apr 2008 05:15:06 pm    Post subject:

That's a good idea... with regards to that, here's what I'm thinking:
-Really poor fishing town (fish haven't been biting lately)
-Town of banished bandits (which will be the people to kidnap the kings daughter)
kalan_vod

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Apr 2008 01:18:52 am    Post subject:

Liazon wrote:
nice to hear it's not dead Smile

Make that a double Wink
El Jaque

Posted: 05 May 2008 05:45:49 am    Post subject:

That's AMAZING!!!
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 2 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement