This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Calculator Programming subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. General Coding and Design => Calculator Programming

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 04:18:34 pm    Post subject:

Ok I'm trying to create a navigation menu in flash. I've imported an external image and converted it to a button. When I right click on the button and select actions it tells me that I can not apply actions to the selected item. I want the button to go to a URL when clicked but not being able to give the item actions it's not possible. How can I get this to work?
pugboy

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 05:52:25 pm    Post subject:

Too bad I don't have CS3, but at least I now how to use Flash :)

You should check if all 4 frames (Up, Down, Over, and Hit) are filled, so there is not just an Up frame. You will NEED to have that Hit frame filled for the button to work.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 07:04:24 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the tip of the "HIT". I've used this code to open up a URL in a different window, but how do I mod it to just open in the same window if it were embedded into an html application? BTW the name of the button is NAV1 and that is also the instance name too.

Nav1.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, goNow)
function goNow ( evt) {
var url = "http://www.google.com"
navigateToURL( new URLRequest(url) )
}
pugboy

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 08:33:31 pm    Post subject:

Hmmm... I am used to Flash 5 (I know, it is old), so I can't help you on this one Sad I 5, there is an "Easy Mode" and "Expert Mode", so you can use dropdown menus to code, and there is an option fr which window to open the url link in.

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 14 Nov 2007 08:34:48 pm    Post subject:

Nevermind I reverted back to actionscript 2.0 and got it working fine. Thank you for your help pugboy.

For anyone else who would like to know when you create a symbol such as a button it can be coded by clicking on the button and hitting F9 then enter the following code:

on (release) {

getURL("http://www.google.com");

}

Last edited by Guest on 14 Nov 2007 08:37:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement