This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
Alan

Posted: 24 Oct 2003 11:03:01 pm    Post subject:

I was inspired by aloha's topic at http://www.unitedti.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=711 to start another topic about music because that one was closed.

I like britney's body but dont like her as a person or singer.

I like Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Beasty Boys, Metallica, ACDC, Aerosmith, and some techno. I just got a led zeppelin and aerosmith tape(my car only has a tape player) and would have gotten others but the prices of tapes are outrageous. its $13 per tape! i could find the same thing on a cd for half that.

Has anyone seen School of Rock? Its a very good movie and it promotes a lot of the bands i like. Its not as good as The Matrix, but i will definitely buy it when it comes out.

Whats your favorite music, anyone?
Spyderbyte

Advanced Member

Posted: 25 Oct 2003 10:45:14 pm    Post subject:

Usually If I choose it'something with lots of energy, like Linkin Park, Rage against the machine, maybe some techno or rave.

But I'll listen to (almost) anything if someone else chooses it, I'm not that picky.

Spyderbyte
yugniht

Posted: 26 Oct 2003 01:10:42 am    Post subject:

I'm most into emotional, personal, and sometimes politically driven music. This includes Bright Eyes, Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Dashboard Confessional, Desaperacitos, and Further Seems Forever. But I also really like regular alternative rock, ie Weezer (mostly old stuff), Less Than Jake, Blink 182, The Hives, Beastie Boys, Midtown, The Verve Pipe, and Tenacious D. There are probably more I'm not thinking of but this is most of it.
SniperOfTheNight

Advanced Member

Posted: 26 Oct 2003 03:08:31 pm    Post subject:

I like : Finch, Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, DMX, System of a Down, 12 Stones, Metallica, Rage Against the Machine, Aline Ant Farm, Trapt, Taproot, Audioslave, and some thers I just can't think of right now.

Also, I have seen School of Rock like 50 times, including the night before it came out(one of the benifits of working at a movie theater) and it rocks!
Ben Trettel

Posted: 26 Oct 2003 04:07:24 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. I'm always getting new music from my dad. My newest find was a band called the Replacements. It's really good. I listen mostly to Green Day, but I also will listen to Husker Du, Nirvana, but only their more punk stuff, the Ramones and some local bands.
Arcane Wizard
`semi-hippie`

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 11:24:13 am    Post subject:

I like Sex Pistols, ACDC, Dead Kennedys, Van Halen, The Offspring, and De Heideroosjes (Dutch), but Metallica and Marilyn Manson are definately my favorite bands.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Oct 2003 11:24:40 am; edited 1 time in total
David
The XORcist!

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 02:06:27 pm    Post subject:

There seems to be a strong tendency of rock music listening here.
I usually prefer listening to electronic, music mostly dance/club oriented. Some of my favorites are Audio Bullys, the Streets, Underworld, Fatboy Slim and stuff like that.

Btw, I heard a dutch rap tune on the radio recently, I was really ROTFL, dutch sounds so amusing to me Very Happy
Adm.Wiggin
aka Tianon

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 05:05:51 pm    Post subject:

hehehehe

i like Relient K, Creed, The Ataris, some other bands...

...Beatles, Monkees, Three Dog Night, Simon and Garfunkel...

i could go on, but i wont bore you THAT much Laughing
Jeffrey

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 06:14:47 pm    Post subject:

=w=eezer is my favorite, although I have to agree with yugniht, the old stuff is better, maybe their new album will be retro.

Other stuff:
Green Day, Fountains of Wayne, Supertones, The Rentals, & Ataris

The Supertones are a cool Christian band. Sweet trumpet solos.

But my overall favorite is Weezer. Probably because the lead guitarist, Rivers Coumo has the most shreddinistic solos that I have heard (Tired of Sex, that solo is great). I wish I could play like Rivers. I suck, I can barely play power cords.

And yes I saw School of Rock. Great movie: "Your kids have touched me, and I am pretty sure I have touched them as well"

Oh, and 80's music rocks. HAMMERTIME!!! wait....was that 80's or early 90's?

Last edited by Guest on 27 Oct 2003 06:17:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bryan Thomas
Outer Limit Software

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 07:25:00 pm    Post subject:

I like dead metal.

Static-X, Transport League, Flaw, Snake River Conspiracy, Metallica, MudVayne.

etc.
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:06:26 pm    Post subject:

I listen to a little of everything, and a lot of Alternative, Rock, Emo... I would make a list, but it would take you forever to read it.

--AlienCC
Matt

Posted: 27 Oct 2003 08:07:17 pm    Post subject:

I like Relient K, and mine
aloha

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 02:18:29 pm    Post subject:

i love hip hop and r&b its so awesome!!!!!
Darth Android
DragonOS Dev Team

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 05 Nov 2003 02:25:51 pm    Post subject:

i dont care about the bands, but i like trance/techno/rave, rock, and some rap.
aloha

Posted: 11 Nov 2003 01:57:45 pm    Post subject:

dont you just turn on your radio and whatever is playing you just listen to it?? well that is what you told me last time. oh yeah and Alan....well every guy and girl loves britneys body but i say mostly the guys do!

Last edited by Guest on 11 Nov 2003 01:58:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement