This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Project Releases

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 04:26:55 pm    Post subject:

This utility is awesome!

I'm able to run it with MirageOS, Omnicalc, and xLIB all at the same time.
In order to do this you have to install the apps in a certain order.

This is the order:
1. Install Omnicalc, overriding all tokens.
2. Open MirageOS, then close it.
3. Install xLIB.
4. Install CalcUtil by chaining the tokens (+ key)

If done successfully, you should be able to use the features of all the apps at the same time! Smile
I'm going see what other apps I can get to run simultaneously.

Last edited by Guest on 19 Sep 2007 04:28:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 04:33:36 pm    Post subject:

Nice. I thought there was a way to have Omnicalc and xLIB work at the same time, but the author of xLIB insisted there wasn't. Odd.

Also, remember that CalcUtil replicates MirageOS' routines on the homescreen, so you don't need MirageOS on your calculator, unless you just like the UI.

Anyway, the only way (I think) you'll get more apps to chain is if the additional apps chain properly and with all apps (unlike Omnicalc) or if you wait for Andy Janata to release his hook manager.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 04:40:42 pm    Post subject:

I like MirageOS for two reasons.

1. It lets you lock and unlock programs.
2. It has quick key repeat. ( you don't notice how nice this is until you try using your calc without it)

If these could be implemented in CalcUtil, then I would have no need for MirageOS.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 04:49:29 pm    Post subject:

I don't know how quick key repeat works, but if it just sets a flag it is definitely possible.

As for lock/unlocking, I have plans for that. I'll parse keypresses in the program menu besides [Enter] to paste the program name on the homescreen. You will be able to lock, unlock, archive, unarchive, rename, etc. Also, you'll be able to pull up a full-screen description of the program, including it's name (obviously), whether it's locked or archived, whether it's assembly or basic, what it's MirageOS description is, and maybe even display a program's shell icon.
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 04:51:54 pm    Post subject:

That would be awesome! :biggrin:

CalcUtil would do to functionality what xLIB did to graphics.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 05:02:00 pm    Post subject:

Thanks! Smile

Keep in mind, however, these features probably won't be added for a while. I'm getting back into school mode, so unless bugs are found*, I won't be working on the next version at my usual pace.

*My friend told me that yesterday, in computer technology class, he opened a computer and a cockroach fell out and ran off. How creepy is that? Cool
JoostinOnline

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 05:55:56 pm    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
Nice.  I thought there was a way to have Omnicalc and xLIB work at the same time, but the author of xLIB insisted there wasn't.  Odd.
There is not. At least not full compatibilty. You can no longer use any Symbolic functions or any of the real( functions from the program menu. Also, you are not supposed to use Mirage with xLib.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 19 Sep 2007 05:58:26 pm    Post subject:

You're not supposed to run xLib programs in MirageOS (though I've found it's ok for some xLib commands). Nitacku meant that the apps coexist peacefully, and don't attack each other's hooks or anything.
Igrek

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 10:23:05 am    Post subject:

I believe this will work for quick key repeat.

Code:
    ld  hl,8442h
    ld  a,10
    cp  (hl)
    jr  nc,Skip
    ld  (hl),a
Skip:
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Sep 2007 12:56:57 pm    Post subject:

What is address 8442? And what is the default value (to disable quick key repeat)?
Igrek

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 12:52:10 pm    Post subject:

You should execute this code in the getcsc-hook. 8442h is the timer that will start counting when a arrow key (or other keys that can be quick-repeated) is pressed. It counts from 32h (50d), when it reaches 0 the calculator will check whether the arrow keys are still pressed.
You can change the 10 in any value.
Sorry for not explaining the code, I posted it in a hurry.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 Sep 2007 12:59:38 pm    Post subject:

No problem. Thanks :biggrin:
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 26 Sep 2007 05:29:33 pm    Post subject:

Hey. I'm working on an update, and I noticed an odd bug. I don't know if it is only in the version I'm working on now, or if it's in v2.02. It's only happened a couple of times, and isn't easily repeated. Basically, the key hook just uninstalls itself for no apparent reason. So, the shortcut keys and any chained key hooks stop working. Has anyone else had this happen to them?

Edit: I've isolated and solved the problem. Turns out, Omnicalc's FastApps menu doesn't return control to my hook if you run an app. So for now, it's best not to use FastApps with CalcUtil. I'm going to release an update soon. It has a few bugfixes, including this one, and it also has a few new features. You can archive, unarchive, lock, and unlock programs directly in the program menu. If you press [+] while highlighting a program, it opens an info screen. At this point, the screen shows the program name, whether it's assembly or basic, whether it's locked or unlocked, whether it's archived or unarchived, and it's size (TI-OS format, not CalcSys format).

Last edited by Guest on 27 Sep 2007 02:50:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 04:13:26 pm    Post subject:

Update: Forget version 2.03. Here's 2.04. It checks if it's chaining with Omnicalc's Fast Apps menu, so that it can work properly with it and it doesn't use brute force to keep hold of hooks. You can install on top of CalcUtil if you want, which is the way things should be to support chaining in apps that come after CalcUtil. So, let me know if 2.04 works for you.

[attachment=1921:attachment]

Don't bother reading below this line.

Yo.

Here's version 2.03 of CalcUtil. It fixes a few bugs, none of which are major (none can cause a ram clear, and nobody except me seems to have even noticed any of them). Also, it has some new features in the Program menu. The most important one, in my opinion, is that you can now lock and unlock programs right in the Program menu. This is good for people that have just been keeping MirageOS around for that feature, like me friend has (he locks almost all of his basic programs, to keep his edit list shorter).

Note that in order to fix a bug with Omnicalc's FastApps menu, and maintain compatibility with other apps like Unit Ops, CalcUtil had to become more aggressive in keeping it's hooks, the way other hook apps have. If you try to install something on top of CalcUtil, it won't work unless you overwrite all three hooks at one (parser, app change, and raw key). So, just install CalcUtil last in your series of hook apps, ok? This is really the best I can do, thanks to Omnicalc and Unit Ops' special needs. The good news is, now you can edit Omnicalc's settings without re-installing CalcUtil! Smile

As usual, let me know if you find any bugs. If not, this version's going on ticalc.org and the official UTI downloads section.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Sep 2007 04:59:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
nitacku

Advanced Member

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 06:43:31 pm    Post subject:

Not really a glitch, but if you lock/unlock a program and then access the + menu, you have to exit and enter the menu for the change to be displayed. This only happens when you press + after unlocking/locking a program. Pressing any other key will cause the menu to display the correct info.

Would it be possible to make it unlock/lock/archive/unarchive in the + menu using the F1-F4 keys? This might be more user friendly. It took me a while to figure out that Alpha-A/L only worked in the program menu. Actually, you would only need to use F2 and F4. F2 would archive/unarchive and F4 would lock/unlock. You could even draw some boxes above the buttons to let the user know what the buttons do.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Sep 2007 06:48:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 27 Sep 2007 06:49:07 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, unfortunately I don't know how to update the menu when you lock a program. Archiving is no problem, because I just redraw the name w/ an asterisk, but removing an entry from the list requires reloading the menu entirely.

That's a good idea, about modifying the program in the submenu. However, I might remove the submenu altogether, we'll see. If I remove it, what I'll do is display all the info in small text to the right of the program list. The info will update as you scroll. This should be more convenient, and more shell-like. Eventually, I might even display the ion/mirageos/doorscs icons. :biggrin:

Update on the new version: Turns out, archiving and unarchiving (as well as locking and unlocking archived programs) from the program menu is buggy. There's a good chance you'll crash the calculator. Don't do it. The reason is, I have to close the homescreen edit buffer to do archive operations, and I guess it doesn't re-open properly when you leave the menu. I'm going to look into fixing this.

Also, I found another way that hooks can get stolen from CalcUtil - Symbolic and Omnicalc's menus let you turn off the calculator before returning control of the hook. In the next version, this will be fixed.

In the version on my computer, I have the info "sidebar" working, so you can see locked status, size, asm/basic, and mirageos icons to the right of the program list.

Finally, does anyone know how to force a TI-OS menu to re-load in a particular submenu? Brandon Wilson, I'm talking to you, you crazy os-reverse-engineerer! :biggrin: I'm trying to get the edit menu to re-load with less items each time you lock a program there, but it's not working. I might just disable locking in the edit menu, if I can't fix this.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Sep 2007 08:29:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 09:55:43 am    Post subject:

I notice an Issue that I don't know if it can be fixed but here it is. When you are unarchiving programs form with in basic programs the is a great amout of lag and I was wondering if there was a way to make it faster. You could keep it unarchived untill the program exits or you could use a DCS like basic header? What are your thought's on this?
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 01:30:52 pm    Post subject:

I assume you're talking about running programs normally, if they're aarchived. You should take advantage of the CalcUtil feature that lets you use the Archive and Unarchive tokens on subprograms. Just unarchive them at the beginning and rearchive them at the end. If it doesn't work, you probably need the latest version (2.04).

By the way, I've fixed all the problems in my last post. All that stands between me and my next release is getting GetKey hook chaining to work...and economics outlines Sad
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 06:32:52 pm    Post subject:

Well, folks, here's version 2.05. And if I don't finish my homework by Monday, I'm blaming all of you Very Happy

I've fixed all of the various problems I've mentioned in the last few posts. (TheStorm: Not yours, because that would involve re-writing the core of CalcUtil. Instead, try what I said about using "Unarchive prgmZA" at the beginning, and "Archive prgmZA" at the end. This way, it's only archived and unarchived once. Nitacku: Not yours, because now that it's in the main program menu, I don't have room to write instructions for the F1 keys.) I've removed the display thing when you press [+]. Instead, you see all the information on a sidebar while in the program menu, kind of like in MirageOS. Also, you can see MirageOS icons, and a little icon for locked/unlocked. Eventually, I'll stick more stuff in that sidebar.

So, let me know what you think. Look out for any problems with keyhook chaining, since this the first version to use real GetKey hook chaining.
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 29 Sep 2007 08:12:11 pm    Post subject:

Idea: It would be nice if it said what shell the program was written for or Nostub.
It'd be useful for those people who let others use their calcs and it'd be easier to tell them what kind of programs they can and shouldn't run. In fact, there should also be an options to hide certain types of programs like nostub programs or BASIC programs that don't have the initial colon on the first line.

Last edited by Guest on 29 Sep 2007 08:13:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement