This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Community News & Discuss Nspire => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
Ragol666

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 12:28:19 am    Post subject:

Hello, I doubt lot of people here are aware of my real identity, but I will explain. Back in the days I used to post under Kévin nickname, then after leaving for half a year, it got changed to xlibman, to finally change to my Omnimaga one, after one year without posting here. I am actually the author of the Reign of Legends, Illusiat, Reuben Quest series and Metroid II, which I made with ideas/help from CDI, who made the original Metroid for calcs.

Actually, I would like to apologise for everything bad I done in the TI community in the past years. I would also like to apologise for having broken one of the forums rules by signing up a second account two weeks ago, Ragol666.

Actually here's why i did this (even knowing it would get me banned or punished for creating multiple accounts on the forums). Because I had a bad reputation in many sites and IRC channels because I often made a huge things about arguments, bad comments and small fights caused just by inter community competition, I felt it was near impossible for me to come back behind, and I never wanted to leave the community as a whole. So what I decided to do, is to try to sneak past this bad reputation, by signing up as a totally new user, pretending to be another experienced BASIC programmer, and when my new rep is built, then I would reveal myself once RL4 is released. However, a recent event involving hacking threat forced me to manage my IRC channel, thus, revealing myself (since I had to use the nickname DJ_Omnimaga to set a ban), so my plan kinda broke from here.

Some people may see this as some kind of prank, but I just tried to get rid of my old reputation in the TI community and come back in the days where i enjoyed the community the most (mid oct 2004 to mid feb 2005), so sorry again for that rule breaking, and I guess now you'll see me under DJ Omnimaga.

Another thing is that I always willed to make a xLIB RPG one day, no matter how long it would take to be done, so here came RL4, meant to be a major improvement in speed from RL3. So I will probably be active for a bit more, altough not as much since I am in appartment and have much less time and own another calc forum.

P.S: I have posted this under the account ragol instead of xlibman because even though aliencc fixed this last one a few hours ago it still doesn't work for me x.x, even after following instructions carefully.

I understand upcoming punishements because rules are rules. I just hope you understand why i did it
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 06:33:40 am    Post subject:

O_o

It's totally understandable, and it seems to have worked. Although it has some people treating you like a newb (:blush:). IMO, I think that reason is totally justified, and no punishment should be made.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jul 2007 06:33:55 am; edited 1 time in total
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 07:40:35 am    Post subject:

Hmm, I need to check something.
Edit: Yup, the IPs and netmasks check out. Just had to make sure this wasn't a hoax. :)

Anyway, on to the topic at hand. You know, I've once or twice considered making another alias and identity for new programs since several community members seem to have an irrational hatred for the "Kerm Martian" persona. Nevertheless, I've always decided against it because it's who I am, it's my online identity, and starting anew would only weaken it further. Therefore, I've persevered under Kerm Martian and plan to continue to do so. Kevin, I think this might be something for you to consider as well, and for the same reasons.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Jul 2007 07:46:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Ragol666

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 09:53:23 am    Post subject:

yeah I've been considering this for about 8 or 9 months. People are lucky though because at one point that's the entire Omnimaga site who was gonna go private for a year then change identify completly, then I decided against this because i doN't want to do this to my staff. Only tr1p1ea knew about this until a few days ago and he knew since before I lost internet access.
Cure

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 04:22:47 pm    Post subject:

Woah. For some reason, this didn't really surprise me. Not like I guessed it, but for some reason it wasn't a shock. Anyway, nice to see you again Kévin.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 18 Jul 2007 06:25:52 pm    Post subject:

I was wondering why a new member had all of a sudden contributed some money...
Liazon
title goes here

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 04:57:28 pm    Post subject:

Well it's good that you're back. After thinking about it, the 666 should have been a clue. I'm really glad you've started programming again. Will try it out when it's done!
Groene07

Posted: 19 Jul 2007 10:53:38 pm    Post subject:

Wait. Woah, am I an idiot? I thought Kerm Martian was your actual name. Sooo, it's not?

I guess I shouldn't believe everything I'm told then.
calc84maniac

Elite

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 09:23:33 am    Post subject:

I used to think so too. But now I know his real name! >Very Happy
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 09:36:54 am    Post subject:

Yeah I used to think the same thing but if you visit cemetech his real name shows up once in a while and is still on some of his readmes for files.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 10:12:45 am    Post subject:

It's plastered all over the Doors CS manual...
Groene07

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 10:51:00 am    Post subject:

Um "Kerm Martain" is plastered all over the manual, which isn't your name.
kermmartian
Site Admin Kemetech

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 10:54:12 am    Post subject:

Groene07 wrote:
[post="110394"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Then you clearly missed page 12. Smile
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 11:19:36 am    Post subject:

Yes, that has your real name but also has Kerm martian plasted all over it too.
Groene07

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 12:47:38 pm    Post subject:

edit- woah. Neutral I just typed text in went to submit it, and my old post got posted again. Neutral

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2007 12:48:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 01:04:44 pm    Post subject:

What did you mean to say?
Groene07

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 01:16:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't even remember anymore. Razz

*sigh* Owell.
Delnar_Ersike
Lazy H4xx0r

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 01:19:45 pm    Post subject:

Groene07 wrote:
I don't even remember anymore.  Razz

*sigh* Owell.
[post="110406"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Did you want to say "Orwell"? What about George Orwell? Razz
Groene07

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 01:57:52 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Did you want to say "Orwell"? What about George Orwell? tongue.gif

I have no clue what I mean to say anymore. Cool My mind is slipping anway!
Sting::Ray

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 28 Jul 2007 12:32:26 pm    Post subject:

Groene07 wrote:
My mind is slipping anway!

That is quite obvious. Very Happy
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement