This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Project Releases

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 08 Jul 2007 10:40:52 pm    Post subject:

Version 1.06

I really hope this is the last of the bugfix versions, because I have some ideas for new features I'd like to start writing.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 07:00:03 pm    Post subject:

Hi again! It's been a while since I've posted here. I just want to let you know that CalcUtil is still in development, and the next version (I don't know when it'll be released) will support cool new features, like running archived subprograms and chaining with BrandonW's Noshell for Ion and MirageOS compatibility! Maybe some new functions too if I feel like it.
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 07:17:44 pm    Post subject:

Is it going to be a replacement for NoShell?

I like the edit archived programming feature 'cause it'll save me a whole minute of scrolling through the program list to unarchive and then editing.

I hopes it becomes a replacement 'cause 32k for both is too much... at least for me 'cause I happen to be an unfortunate user of the standard TI-83+. [ cries ]

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2007 07:18:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 20 Jul 2007 07:25:35 pm    Post subject:

Well, it looks like you'll need Noshell on your calculator if you want to run shell programs...I tried to integrate the code into my app, but I couldn't get it to compile right...Maybe at some point though I'll manage to integrate it properly into one app. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Edit: It seems I spoke too soon. The next version of CalcUtil will have Noshell capabilities built in, so you only need one app! Note that these routines are the same ones written for Noshell by BrandonW, so you should thank him for CalcUtil's shell capabilities in the next version.

Last edited by Guest on 20 Jul 2007 09:11:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 03:59:09 pm    Post subject:

The next version of CalcUtil is here! Sort of.

I'm posting version 1.07 in this thread, and you can try it out. It's sort of a beta release, because it might still have bugs. If it does, let me know, so I can fix it for a more stable 1.08 release. If a while goes by and I don't get any more bug notifications, I'll release it as version 1.08 on the official UTI download section, and on ticalc.org.

New features include running archived subprograms and running shell-based programs without the shell (just like Noshell does). Also, this version comes with the source code in case anyone is interested. It's released under the GNU GPL.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 07:11:46 pm    Post subject:

Oh this look cool I'll download it and take a look. I hope it doesn't have the same issues that No-Shell had with Omnicalc and xLib (only on some calcs though wtf?).
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 07:20:46 pm    Post subject:

What issues are those? The only code I have in common with Noshell is the shell routines, but since we do similar tasks, the issues might be here. Still, I think I've gotten rid of most problems...
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 07:24:43 pm    Post subject:

Well let me try it and see if there is an issue if there is then I'll tell you.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 08:10:33 pm    Post subject:

excellent work, don't know how I missed this.

talk to kermmartian about being able to run DCS programs and I'll definitely put it on. sadly, until then, it isn't too much use to me, as a rather large number of my programs require DCS to run.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Aug 2007 08:11:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 08:17:24 pm    Post subject:

Interesting idea. I am under the impression that DoorsCS is rather large (3 pages, right?) so I think the logical thing there would be to chain with DoorsCS, rather than implement its routines. MirageOS and Ion were small enough to be implemented in under 1 page. Maybe I'll look at the DoorsCS source code and see if there's an entrypoint I can use.

Edit: I checked out the source code, and KermMartian hasn't implemented a RunProg entrypoint, which is more or less necessary to run a program externally. However, it is on his to-do list in the source folder, so once he adds the entrypoint, I can set up chaining with DCS.

In the meantime, people, please test out this version, because as usual I want to fix any bugs before I add features.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Aug 2007 08:26:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 08:30:09 pm    Post subject:

I could have told you that Because I have been waiting for him to finish that so MSD8x can run DCS programs.

Edit: OMG this is an awesome app I can't believe some one didn't come up with this before. This is a must download for all calculator owners the prompt be for closing the editor is nice but you should make it so it dose that for archived and unarchived programs and if you can make it so that the real name of the program is at the top, instead of CalcUtiu I don't know how hard it would be to do this but it would be nice in case you open the wrong program. I have had no issues with this and have found on bugs...yet but it is an amazing feat of z80 asm and I can't wait to see what other features you add.

Last edited by Guest on 06 Aug 2007 09:05:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 08:56:21 pm    Post subject:

I see. Speaking of which, one of these days I need to get around to ordering a USB OTG cable so I can finally try out MSD8x...

Also, have you seen yet if CalcUtil is affected by the mysterious Omnicalc-xLib bugs that I am unaware of? Or any other bugs, for that matter?
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 09:11:03 pm    Post subject:

No, but like I said this is amazing. The only bug I have found is the program editor says CalcUtiu instead of CalcUtil but I would like it if the actual name of the program was there but what ever.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 09:23:54 pm    Post subject:

Thanks!

Yes, the name is screwed up. Since I don't unarchive programs, I create copies in RAM, I have to name them something else. Hence, CalcUtil. Also, in the latest version you can run archived subprograms, meaning there may be many programs copied into RAM at once. So the name is now CalcUti_, where _ is the ASCII character for 1, 2, 3, etc. Maybe at some point I'll find a way to paste the original program name over the CalcUti_ one, but for now if you want to see the real program name, you can start to quit out of the editor, read the name in the Save screen, and then press any key to return to the editor.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 10:00:32 pm    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
Interesting idea.  I am under the impression that DoorsCS is rather large (3 pages, right?) so I think the logical thing there would be to chain with DoorsCS, rather than implement its routines.  MirageOS and Ion were small enough to be implemented in under 1 page.  Maybe I'll look at the DoorsCS source code and see if there's an entrypoint I can use.

Edit: I checked out the source code, and KermMartian hasn't implemented a RunProg entrypoint, which is more or less necessary to run a program externally.  However, it is on his to-do list in the source folder, so once he adds the entrypoint, I can set up chaining with DCS.

In the meantime, people, please test out this version, because as usual I want to fix any bugs before I add features.
[post="110891"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

talk to him anyway, he had some ideas for me I never got around to implementing/attempting to implement on a side project of mine. I believe it ought to be possible using his documentation of DCS RAM and AppVar usage, and some hacking of his Associated Program system.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 06 Aug 2007 10:22:08 pm    Post subject:

Are you talking about the aDrive program you mentioned on the Cemetech forum? I don't know what that program does, but it sounds like it's connected with RunProg. I'd like to know what to ask KermMartian about.
Sting::Ray

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 07 Aug 2007 12:16:41 pm    Post subject:

How did I miss this project?! Good grief, this is pathetic on my part. This looks really cool, I'm trying it out now... Smile
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 07 Aug 2007 05:27:22 pm    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
Are you talking about the aDrive program you mentioned on the Cemetech forum?  I don't know what that program does, but it sounds like it's connected with RunProg.  I'd like to know what to ask KermMartian about.
[post="110899"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

aDrive is/was going to be a usb thumb drive browser to integrate with the DCS desktop, however it doesn't use RunProg, it was going to use a haxy thing with the AP system. Basically, tell him you need to be able to start a program in DCS without using RunProg, and my guess is he can tell you how to do it/figure something out.

also, forgot to mention, DCS is only 2 pages, not 3.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 07 Aug 2007 05:29:49 pm    Post subject:

I see. I PM-ed KermMartian, and I'm waiting for a response. Also, even if I were able to fit the DCS routines in my app, I'd rather chain with the DCS app instead, because unlike Ion and MirageOS, DCS is still being developed, so there will very likely be new versions with new/improved routines. I'd rather not have to update my app every time KermMartian updates his.
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 07 Aug 2007 06:56:17 pm    Post subject:

Maybe CalcUtil could have a module or extensions manager, then the DCS stuff could be made a module so all you have to do is install and enable that module if you want DCS support, and plus people could develop other modules to extend its functions or add support for other types of programs.

Last edited by Guest on 07 Aug 2007 06:57:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement