This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Releases => Your Projects
United-TI Archives -> Project Releases

» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Igrek

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 07:28:26 am    Post subject:

TinycarZ works normally under CruchyOS.
It also works normally under CalcUtil, but it doesn't exit correctly (Ram Cleared).
It doesn't work correctly under Noshell (screen is totally screwed) , but it does exit correctly under Noshell (you have to move around in the menu without seeing anything).
As far as I know it works correctly under DoorsOS, thought I didn't check it, (I don't like DoorsOS so...)
(I have reinstalled windows XP on this machine.)
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 08:33:20 am    Post subject:

DoorsOs or DoorsCS?

Yeah, Noshell messes with Basic Ans, and I'm sure it messes with more than that.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 08:40:15 am    Post subject:

Are you sure Noshell messes with Ans? I know for a while CalcUtil wouldn't display Ans at the end of a program running, but Ans was fine. I just had to put the value in OP1 before quitting the parser hook.
Igrek

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 02:46:03 pm    Post subject:

1.I meant DoorsCS (but they all en on OS, so...)
2.Noshell suddenly runs TinycarZ correctly :confused: ,and so does Calcutil??
3.After installing and uninstalling Calcutil/Noshell (I'm no sure which): if you run a archived program the RAM gets cleared.
4.Why does someone need a nice looking GUI, a simple GUI/TUI is quite all right isn't it?

Edit
5.This doesn't really belong here but I found out during the testing of Calcutil that there is a bug in the OS (2.30), do this:
-Try to run a archived program from the homescreen (so that it gives err:Archived)
-Press [2]
-Press [Up]
-Press [2nd]+[insert]
-Press [2nd]+[memory]
-Press [6]
-Press [Enter]
-Now the OS gives a err:Invalid, as if you would be running a basic program I checked in TILEM: 1,(iy+8 ) is actually on Confused . The flag will get cleared if you press [2nd]+[quit].

Last edited by Guest on 09 Sep 2007 03:17:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 03:38:58 pm    Post subject:

That error seems to occur on OS 2.42 (nSpire OS) and OS 1.14. I've found other oddities while developing CalcUtil, like how there's no error if you try to store a string to a number variable (I think that's odd, anyway).
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 03:45:43 pm    Post subject:

magicdanw wrote:
I've found other oddities while developing CalcUtil, like how there's no error if you try to store a string to a number variable (I think that's odd, anyway).
[post="112371"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
That's because it actually stores the string (which it treats as a formula, because formulas are strings) to the list variable that you'd get if you added a L. "HELLO→X is the same as "HELLO→LX.

About the bug: a more impressive way to try it out is to try to run an archived program, select 2:Goto when the error comes up, and then type in something like Repeat 0:End from the Catalog - instead of giving an error like it normally would for using Repeat on the home screen, it gives you an infinite loop.

And TI-Flash Debugger with OS v1.16 has this glitch too.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Sep 2010 03:08:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Igrek

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 03:59:29 pm    Post subject:

DarkerLine wrote:
That's because it actually stores the string (which it treats as a formula, because formulas are strings) to the list variable that you'd get if you added a L. "HELLO→X is the same as "HELLO→LX.

Thought if you then type LX , you will get a data error: TI really screwed up there.
You can still read the string you stored in it if you press [STAT]+[1], then open the list called 'X' and press [2] in the data error. Maybe there is some test cheating potential here...

Last edited by Guest on 25 Sep 2010 03:09:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 04:29:12 pm    Post subject:

Igrek wrote:
Thought if you then type LX , you will get a data error: TI really screwed up there.
The only screw-up is that the stored formula does not contain a list. ;)

"{HELLO→X or even "{H,E,L,L,O→X would be valid.

Last edited by Guest on 25 Sep 2010 03:06:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 04:54:53 pm    Post subject:

Hmm, maybe I'll take a look at the data behind that screwed up list. If there were a way to store and retrieve multiple strings from a hacked list variable using an assembly utility, I think it'd be pretty useful for basic programs. Even one string would be useful, because it could be named, unlike the Str variables.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 05:53:22 pm    Post subject:

That would be great for a text editor because then they could have unlimited named files.
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 06:15:40 pm    Post subject:

Well, if you're messing in assembly code anyway, I think for a full text editor it'd be better to use programs or appvars, which would give even more freedom in file names. I was picturing string lists as useful for storing high score info or something, without requiring converting text to numbers and back. I think text files should be in a more stable variable.
Demon

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 Sep 2007 06:43:09 pm    Post subject:

It would be cool if you could store multiple strings... Arrays!
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 08:56:42 pm    Post subject:

Here's beta 2! Changes include:

The main menu doesn't have that skipped line from beta 1.
The settings menu is neater (I replaced the black/white "checkbox" with an appearing/disappearing asterisk, like in some TIOS menus).
Assembly programs quit more neatly.
Basic programs run much more quickly - a problem which has plagued CalcUtil from version 1 (I think) until now.
CalcUtil can chain directly with Symbolic and with modified versions of Omnicalc that use the crazy tokens. My app turns the tokens into real(xx tokens automatically when run. If you want them turned back into stuff like csc( and d(, you need to set the new third option in the settings screen. Otherwise, your tokens will stay like real(xx and be all normal and stuff. Neutral

Maybe there's some other changes I forgot, but probably not. Let me know how stuff goes! Every one of your comments brings this program that much closer to release v2 final! :biggrin:
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 09:11:51 pm    Post subject:

ALCDFIX just crashed my calc when I ran it using CalcUtil so I think You may have some bugs to work out.
Edit: it worked this time WTF? It might have been a random bug.

Last edited by Guest on 10 Sep 2007 09:18:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
JoostinOnline

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 09:18:06 pm    Post subject:

The thing that confuses me about ALCDFIX is that it runs as an ION program and as a nostub asm program, so what is it? I wonder if that has anything to do with your problem... :confused:
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 09:28:31 pm    Post subject:

There is an Ion header that can run as Nostub but also makes it recognized as an Ion program--the downside being you have to manually include the Ion routines.
JoostinOnline

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 09:38:55 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
There is an Ion header that can run as Nostub but also makes it recognized as an Ion program--the downside being you have to manually include the Ion routines.
[post="112469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So do (m)any other programs use that header?
magicdanw
pcGuru()

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 09:50:52 pm    Post subject:

Hey, a couple of things I forgot: I improved chaining, so that it chains properly with Unit Ops and other programs that try to steal control of the hooks.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 10:12:25 pm    Post subject:

Thats good Smile but I still don't know why my calc froze that one time after runing ALCDFIX.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Sep 2007 10:16:05 pm    Post subject:

JoostinOnline wrote:
Harrierfalcon wrote:
[post="112469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

So do (m)any other programs use that header?
[post="112471"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
Plenty do. Fishy and Grayscale Tunnel 1.0 come to mind.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 6 of 9 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement