This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Technology & Calculator Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Computer Tech Support => Technology & Calculator Open Topic
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 02:28:45 pm    Post subject:

I have a couple things that I want to do on my macbook. It is the newest model the white one that is in the middle of the line. It has an intel core duo processer with OS 10.4.9. I really want to be able to run a linking software program and an emulator. Getting a working compiler would also be great, but I am currently unable to do all 3. I tried using darwine to run wabbitemu, but I have had no success in that department. Treat me like an idiot and walk me through the steps if you know how to do any of these tasks and I will lavish you with kisses, err, I mean cheer loudly and say "You da bomb".
Super Speler
Super Awesome Dude

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 02:30:14 pm    Post subject:

To run wabbit emu you need to have both darwine and X11. TI-Connect works well on OS X (even if TI says otherwise).
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 02:51:03 pm    Post subject:

Do you have a power PC and not an intel mac? I have darwine and X11 installed and darwine won't run. I also attempted to run TI-Connect and rosetta will not run it. Rosetta is the internal program that can emulate some Power PC programs so they can run on the intel macs.
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 02:54:14 pm    Post subject:

I think what you need is Ti-connect for macs, you shouldn't need anything extra for that.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 02:56:25 pm    Post subject:

I have tried that multiple times and it doesn't seem to work. I download it from their website and everytime it won't mount the disk image.
elfprince13
Retired

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 09:38:57 pm    Post subject:

bananaman wrote:
Do you have a power PC and not an intel mac?  I have darwine and X11 installed and darwine won't run.  I also attempted to run TI-Connect and rosetta will not run it.  Rosetta is the internal program that can emulate some Power PC programs so they can run on the intel macs.
[post="107469"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

did you try using winehelper to run the program?

and wierdness on TI-Connect.
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 10 Jun 2007 10:14:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
You cannot use the application "winehelper" because it is not supported on this system
bananaman
Indestructible

Calc Guru

Posted: 11 Jun 2007 10:05:43 am    Post subject:

Good news, I downloaded TI Connect for Mac for the third time, and it finally recognized it or something and it is working.

I am not used to the interface though and I don't know how to make it send a group w/o just sending the contents of the group. What I mean is put the group file on my calc and not try to transfer all the contents ungrouped. It is too helpful and won't let me transfer a group of xLib PIC variables. Because they supposedly have wrong names and it won't just transfer the group and let me ungroup it on the calc.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement