This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 10:00:23 pm    Post subject:

Attached in this post is my newest five-minute program, that will input any binary 8-bit string, and convert it to its ASCII counterpart. It will continue inputing until the user types in "999". The program wil then display the converted text. There are two programs: prgmBINASCII and prgmBINASC2. The latter includes some unecessary conversions, like the entire lowercase alphabet, and the question and comma.

Well, how do you think I converted HarrierFalcon's spoiler? Very Happy

Optimizations are always welcome. Consult the readme (or me) for any questions.

Last edited by Guest on 08 Jun 2007 10:01:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 10:03:11 pm    Post subject:

Wow, you wasted a lot of time...
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 10:06:34 pm    Post subject:

Well, five minutes won't do anything. Razz

Btw, I know that thre are infinite number of sites that have converters, but this is for the people that like to try the hard way. Or that spend almost every minute with their calc Wink
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 10:07:44 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
this is for the people that like to try the hard way. Or that spend almost every minute with their calc Wink
[post="107212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
*glances at the calc he is using to program Metroid Pi with*

Not me Very Happy!
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 08 Jun 2007 10:10:08 pm    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon wrote:
frenchcalc1 wrote:
this is for the people that like to try the hard way. Or that spend almost every minute with their calc Wink
[post="107212"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]
*glances at the calc he is using to program Metroid Pi with*
[post="107215"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

*looks at the calc that he spends most of his long summer days with, programming the very buggy Duke Nukem port*

Me neither Very Happy
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jun 2007 04:57:39 am    Post subject:

Mind if I take a crack at this concept? Smile

Last edited by Guest on 09 Jun 2007 06:35:09 am; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 09 Jun 2007 09:32:36 am    Post subject:

Weregoose wrote:
Mind if I take a crack at this concept? Smile
[post="107237"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sure, go ahead! If you find any optimizations (you will, believe me Very Happy ), can you please inform me about them?
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 09 Jun 2007 10:04:18 am    Post subject:

Here's what it looks like for single-character inputs:
    [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]Input Str1
    sub("[url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/ASCII_full.svg/217px-ASCII_full.svg.png"]?[/url]",sum(seq(expr(sub(Str2,8-X,1))2^X,X,0,6))-31,1
For simultaneous conversion of multiple entries:
    [font="courier new;font-size:9pt;line-height:100%;color:darkblue"]" //1 space
    Repeat Str1=". (Type "." and hit Enter to begin conversion)
    Input Str1
    Ans+Str1→Str2
    End
    " //1 space
    For(X,9,length(Str2),8
    Ans+sub("[url="http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/4/42/ASCII_full.svg/217px-ASCII_full.svg.png"]?[/url]",sum(seq(expr(sub(Str2,X-Y,1))2^Y,Y,0,6))-31,1
    End
    Ans
Note: I used a diaeresis (ยจ) to get around the limitation concerning quotes within quotes; exchange this
with the apostrophe if you will, but I deem it crucial that the two be distinguished for a truer conversion.

Download: B2ASC.zip

Last edited by Guest on 15 Jun 2007 02:33:42 am; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 09 Jun 2007 07:25:30 pm    Post subject:

Wow Cool I've never seen so many optimizations to a five-minute program before...
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement