This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
NETWizz
Byte by bit

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 May 2007 04:46:33 am    Post subject:

Here is my idea.

I make a Topic asking about being a new UTI-STAFF member.

Anybody is welcome to step up and reply to the topic stating they wish to be considered for the position. We set a closing date or the first 10, so we only accept nominees up to a certain date or number whichever comes first.

After the Topic Closes, we create a POLL

Person ONe
Person Two

We set a closing date and let the community vote.

What do you think? I personally think it would get us more respect as a community to show we have good checks and balances as in, UTI-STAFF as a whole makes decisions for the community, community votes in the UTI-STAFF.

What do you think?
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 May 2007 12:09:59 pm    Post subject:

I don't think we need a new staff member at the moment. And if we did, popularity probably shouldn't be the sole deciding factor in choosing one.

If there were efficiency problems, in my opinion the best way to go about solving them would be to upgrade the "Super Moderator" staff (all of whom are very active) to the "UTI Staff" staff (a good portion of whom are not so active), thus allowing them to use the Admin CP. There's no bottleneck there at the moment, but as the membership of United-TI increases, I imagine that's where it would develop.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 May 2007 07:37:12 pm    Post subject:

I like the motivation behind the idea but not the idea itself.
(1)I think we have plenty of Super Mods
(2)Popularity contests usually end in strife.
(3)I don't think we really want people arguing for themselves as mods. Fits in with (2), but is different. The set of people who would be best for leadership does not necessarily equal the set of those who are trying to become mods.
(4)It disrupts all my power plays and schemes for taking over UTI.

I could see doing this for a single-forum moderator, perhaps. Have Open Topic a monthly rotating position or something. We could test it out by replacing brazucs in Computer Tech Support.

Last edited by Guest on 28 May 2007 07:38:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 30 May 2007 01:44:47 am    Post subject:

We currently do not need another Staff member.

Additionally I don't like the method suggested here, it is better to find someone who is clearly dedicated to the community that we already know we can trust to not abuse power. The results are usually more positive if they don't know before hand that we are even considering them. In the past these methods have selected stellar staff members.

The last thing we need is new staff members we can't trust, just because they won some pissing contest in which their friends voted them up.
Why fix what isn't broken, when it's not needed?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement