This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Website subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. United-TI Top Management => Website
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 22 May 2007 07:12:14 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
I know the UTI staff does not award the honor of UTI membership to all users that have reached or exceeded 500 posts, and thus I'm wondering: is there a test I have to pass, an assignment to finish, or anything of the sort, in order to apply for UTI membership? I would truly appreciate it if I am given the chane of applying.
Thank you Laughing

A starter of four topics (1|2|3|4), no releases, and a contributer of comments but not much else.

Although, he is active – and we haven't had an announcement in a while.

I say yea.

(Profile)

Last edited by Guest on 23 May 2007 08:41:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2007 08:30:44 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
Weregoose wrote:
You've done all that you need to do for this process, and yet all that remains is waiting for the other staff members to hear of it and reach a consensus. You'll be notified of the result as soon as it comes up!

Regards,
–Weregoose

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity, and considering me. I truly appreciate it Smile
DigiTan
Unregistered HyperCam 2

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 23 May 2007 08:33:23 pm    Post subject:

Yea
AlienCC
Creative Receptacle!

Know-It-All

Posted: 24 May 2007 02:04:13 am    Post subject:

No objections here, I think someone else should have the opportunity to post the announcement for a change, if they want it. The front page is starting to look kind of funny with almost all the posts done by Weregoose.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 24 May 2007 11:06:19 am    Post subject:

Fine with me. I'll post it if nobody else steps up.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 24 May 2007 11:28:37 am    Post subject:

Fine with me, too. :P

Points I jotted down that I thought could be addressed:

1. Came over from tifreakware forums.
  2. Speaker of many languages.
  3. [s]???[/s]
  4. [s]Profit[/s]
Peh, it'll be a while before I get that taste out of my mouth.

Last edited by Guest on 24 May 2007 02:27:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 25 May 2007 01:18:36 pm    Post subject:

I've got the topic typed up and I'm ready to click [Post New Topic], but does someone actually want to make him a Member first?

EDIT: I've been checking all day, but no admins logged on besides DarkerLine. It seems my PM to him was too late. I'm going away for the weekend in about five minutes, so here is what I had prepared to post. Post it if you want, or type something completely different if you don't like it.

Code:
In order to solve a long-standing linguistic problem, UTI is bringing on board a new [s]underpaid translater[/s] UTI Member to translate anything Arabic for us.  We have exactly one applicant; here is the application
[quote]أهلا و سهلا! أن أةكلم لغت ألعرب[/quote]

With Arabic, English, and two other languages, this person speaks a total of 4 languages, not including ]e3+5Pe@k.   He originally was a member of tifreakware forums, and joined UTI on March 14.  We must have missed it among all the celebrations, but joining on Pi Day is obviously an automatic qualification for membership.  From his avatar, this person appears at first glance to be an advertising both with resizing problems.  However, any such notion is proven false by a long string of contributions to discussions on almost any subject.  Lastly, this member has added to the general cheer of the forums by including small blue faces to almost every post.   :p

I'm sure the rest of the community will join me in welcoming our newest UTI Member: [b]frenchcalc1[/b]

Last edited by Guest on 25 May 2007 06:22:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 26 May 2007 12:23:16 am    Post subject:

I'm not gone, I just tend to log on at odd hours of the day/night/morning/whatever the heck it is right now. I mean, aside from the rest of the time, too.
alexrudd
pm me if you read this

Bandwidth Hog

Posted: 28 May 2007 07:22:25 pm    Post subject:

Whoops, we managed to bring up the whole "how to get a UTI Membership" issue again. Surprise.

I noticed Harrierfalcon isn't a member, and vote to nominate him. Excluding him makes our selections seem unbalanced and arbitrary. If I notice any other glaring examples, I'll post them too.
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2007 06:16:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, Harrierfalcon just applied again. How about it? I don't see any arguments against it, and the issues that denied him membership last time seem to have been resolved.

Anyway, I'm all for it.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 30 May 2007 06:44:20 pm    Post subject:

I agree. I get the feeling he is no longer just as a member, but a proponent of the welfare of this community.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement