This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's General Open Topic subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Open Topic & United-TI Talk => General Open Topic
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 07:22:27 pm    Post subject:

If he weren't a 'more religious and righteous person' than anyone else, then why would he be set apart from everybody else?

A medieval philosopher, Swedenborg, thought that those who go to hell are unhappy there, but would be even less happy in heaven.
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 08:39:16 pm    Post subject:

What do you mean by that Cobb?

I believe that we'd be more comfortable in hell with our sins than we would be in the presence of God. I know I would.

Last edited by Guest on 27 Nov 2003 08:43:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 08:45:58 pm    Post subject:

More likely there is no reason 'why we are here'. Sorry, but it seems much more likely to me that we exist just as some sort of giant accident. Feel free to verbally assault me as seems to be the custom in this topic.
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 09:56:30 pm    Post subject:

Sir Robin wrote:
More likely there is no reason 'why we are here'. Sorry, but it seems much more likely to me that we exist just as some sort of giant accident.

You are absolutely correct. For all we know, we COULD BE an accident, as far as modern science can determine. In reality, we are no more an "accident" than wolves or bears are. We just keep telling ourselves that we are "intelligent" and "civilized", which are both concepts we came up with. We may never know the truth, and frankly, I don't care. All I care about is I'm here, and I can do stuff. And do stuff I shall.

Sir Robin wrote:
Feel free to verbally assault me as seems to be the custom in this topic.

I'm not one to defy customs: You are an idiotic bafoon. How could you say something so assanine? Who do you think you are? An "accident"; puh-LEEEze! You ought to be shot in the lung during your geatest moment of triumph. In bed. With a taser. For 30 mins.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2003 09:22:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jeremiah Walgren
General Operations Director

Know-It-All

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 10:09:46 pm    Post subject:

Okay then Sir Robin, here is my verbal assault of the topic.

It must really improve your self-esteem considering yourself to be nothing more than an "accident."

How'd I do? Confused
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 27 Nov 2003 10:52:14 pm    Post subject:

Not bad Smile . It seems to me I am so great nothing can undermine my self-esteem Very Happy .
CoBB

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 11:55:15 am    Post subject:

Well, I mean that the Pope is a sinner too. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be a human being...
DarkerLine
ceci n'est pas une |

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 28 Nov 2003 03:51:56 pm    Post subject:

JACstudios_ceo wrote:
I'm not one to defy customs: You are an idiototic bafoon.

what's a bafoon? Edit: and what's idiototic?
Quote:
How could you say something so assanine?

what does that mean????
Quote:
Who do you think you are?

Sir Robin, the Not-So-Brave As Sir Lancelot, Knight of the Round Table, who personally wet himself in the Battle of Badon Hill.
Quote:
An "accident"; puh-LEEEze!

well, if you say please...

Quote:
You ought to be shot in the lung during your geatest moment of triumph. In bed. With a taser. For 30 mins.

No comment. Except on your spelling.

Last edited by Guest on 28 Nov 2003 09:07:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toksyuryel
Crimson Dragon Software

Elite

Posted: 30 Nov 2003 05:40:00 pm    Post subject:

I can't spell. Too bad. ;)

AlienCC: A bit of recomended reading- "Virtual Organisms, The Startling World of Artificial Life", by Mark Ward.

Last edited by Guest on 30 Nov 2003 09:22:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
KD5YTX

Advanced Member

Posted: 03 Dec 2003 11:13:39 pm    Post subject:

Life sucks.
Females are fickle.
Family dies.

In the words of Ralph the dog (Muppet Movie), "I hope that somethin' better comes along..."

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
* Careful now... Easy... There - slide the katana right in... -oohhh- yesssss... [falls to floor] *
Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 3 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement