This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 11 May 2007 08:58:16 pm    Post subject:

werewolf1492 wrote:
:biggrin:  I know what you meant, it was just funny.  Im not all together sure what ambigous means but ok then. DigDug, if I can find it on the net(like online game rather than calc) would you be willing to give it a try?
[post="103730"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

After picasso, ambigous mean unclear, vague.
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 11 May 2007 09:06:38 pm    Post subject:

Oooook then, in future can we try to remember Im not a college grad student, it would be appreciated? My vocab is not yet that extensive as to include arbitrary words. Jeez, this is getting quite off topic, so what about it, would you be willing to try to pioneer a game without taking a look at a source code if I could some how manage to find a decent online remake?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 11 May 2007 09:19:48 pm    Post subject:

I am only a sophomore, what grade are you in? I dont need a source code of dig dug, although I might look at games similar as i am not good with asm. A flash game similar would be nice.
stlcards08

Posted: 12 May 2007 09:54:20 am    Post subject:

Is this what you are looking for for dig dug? I'm not quite sure becuase I don't have the proper plug-in to play.
http://flashgamesite.com/full/1188-DigDug

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 09:55:30 am; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:25:51 pm    Post subject:

Wow you hit that one on the spot. Why didn't I find that when I looked before? Anyways, DigDug wouldn't even be started for a while since I am working on Picasso but the page has definitely been bookmarked and I will think about it. It is pretty fun.

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 01:02:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 12 May 2007 08:31:35 pm    Post subject:

Sounds sick, hell, Im a freshman, me and a friend started prgming earler this year during lunches, grew to algebra classes and home. But we havent met up on the subject for a while b/c they started doing their own thing, asm looks like it would definitly be something to look into starting on to have a bit of variation and more control but I honestly dont want to do that until i can find a decent emulator that works. I have yet to find one for the 84+, i think im going to check out limewire tommorow, maybe i can "borrow" something and start. How much more difficult is asm to learn than basic and is it worth(more capability and over all control of hard prgmed calculator functions)? I heard somewhere that it was actually possible to override the "set in stone" functions, like the on button to break....And ya, it is a great game, though i have yet to check out ^that version to see if it mimics the original...ya, you cant get any more orginal, thanks for the post, i had been looking but i could only find modernized(not atari style)...

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 08:35:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 09:27:42 pm    Post subject:

werewolf1492 wrote:
Sounds sick, hell, Im a freshman, me and a friend started prgming earler this year during lunches, grew to algebra classes and home. But we havent met up on the subject for a while b/c they started doing their own thing, asm looks like it would definitly be something to look into starting on to have a bit of variation and more control but I honestly dont want to do that until i can find a decent emulator that works. I have yet to find one for the 84+, i think im going to check out limewire tommorow, maybe i can "borrow" something and start.  How much more difficult is asm to learn than basic and is it worth(more capability and over all control of hard prgmed calculator functions)? I heard somewhere that it was actually possible to override the "set in stone" functions, like the on button to break....And ya, it is a great game, though i have yet to check out ^that version to see if it mimics the original...ya, you cant get any more orginal, thanks for the post, i had been looking but i could only find modernized(not atari style)...
[post="103842"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh my land! What a post this will be:

First of all, to start on emulators, it sounds like you think you gotta buy one. They are free and you get them at ticalc.org here. You need a rom to verify you actually own a calculator. I use Tilem, it has support for the ti84+se.

Now, on to asm. Asm is the lowest language you can get without going into machine code. This allows you to control your calculator in thousands of more ways then in basic. To start: Yes you can make it so there is no ON:break, you can have keyhooks(if you press a button, the keyhook will be activated and it will run YOUR program instead), you can do flickerless grayscale, sprites larger than 5x3, No more clrhome to update the screen, multiple keypress, much more functionality in I/O, Fullscreen 96x64, not 95x63, FAST FAST FAST. Now cons: crashes are inevitable, much harder, larger file size.

Asm is definitely my vote. It is difficult to learn, but there are some great tutorials out there. tutorial links

FYI: On:break is not "set in stone". If you make your own game, that function won't occur, unless you specifically tell it to.
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 13 May 2007 07:21:36 pm    Post subject:

OK, ya, I know you dont have to buy any emulators but I was becoming doubtful of the ones on ticalc.org, two reasons behind this being that none of them say that it will work with the 84+ and because I thought my computer was reacting badly with the prgm. Now i find out its this ROM thing, i think i have to figure out what that is now. And i do think im going to try to learn asm but is there any emulator out there that will test the prgms before you put them in the calcs so that the calculators themselves dont crash?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 13 May 2007 08:03:36 pm    Post subject:

werewolf1492 wrote:
OK, ya, I know you dont have to buy any emulators but I was becoming doubtful of the ones on ticalc.org, two reasons behind this being that none of them say that it will work with the 84+ and because I thought my computer was reacting badly with the prgm. Now i find out its this ROM thing, i think i have to figure out what that is now. And i do think im going to try to learn asm but is there any emulator out there that will test the prgms before you put them in the calcs so that the calculators themselves dont crash?
[post="103921"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

There are debuggers in the emulator, but it is best to just run them on the emulator. No harm is done to the emulator and you get to find out where the error occured.

Emulators: link

Other links(tutorials): link
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 May 2007 03:52:55 pm    Post subject:

Right, in other words, ya, you can prgm and test on the emulators. Perfect, the debugger will be great because I can never find where I messed up when I mess up. Its one of those things you just pray won't happen and then kick yourself for wasting the breath later.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 05:11:19 pm    Post subject:

I'm pretty sure the debuggers are for ASM, because the TI-OS gives it's own "helpful" error/debugging message.

Yes, you can program on the emulators, but it's probably easier to program on your calculator unless you're low on batteries.
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 05:24:51 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
I'm pretty sure the debuggers are for ASM, because the TI-OS gives it's own "helpful" error/debugging message.

Yes, you can program on the emulators, but it's probably easier to program on your calculator unless you're low on batteries.
[post="103962"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Or unless you are fluent with the keyboard hotkeys.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 14 May 2007 05:54:55 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
Or unless you are fluent with the keyboard hotkeys.
[post="103970"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I was going to say...typing on an emulator interface by clicking the corresponding buttons doesn't sound appealing (or fast Razz )
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 14 May 2007 06:10:37 pm    Post subject:

It would be soo much easier for me just to become accustomed with the keys than do it all out on the calculatorg. It gets aggravating to have to search through a good few feet of code by 2x2 scroll window b/c you forgot to add a < or changed a Lbl to something less confusing, like in one of my pgrms, #'s 1-99 and letters becuase I couldn't specifically remember what I had used. As for "helpful" oh ya, i believe it might put you on the right line, as for actualyl tracking the error down, thats up to you (I tend to get aggravated after the 3rd of 4th error of the same name and just go to mem/mngmnt...and delete it (if its an up and coming idea or functions im not altogether familiar with))
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 06:12:58 pm    Post subject:

werewolf1492 wrote:
It would be soo much easier for me just to become accustomed with the keys than do it all out on the calculatorg.  It gets aggravating to have to search through a good few feet of code by 2x2 scroll window b/c you forgot to add a < or changed a Lbl to something less confusing, like in one of my pgrms, #'s 1-99 and letters becuase I couldn't specifically remember what I had used.  As for "helpful" oh ya, i believe it might put you on the right line, as for actualyl tracking the error down, thats up to you (I tend to get aggravated after the 3rd of 4th error of the same name and just go to mem/mngmnt...and delete it (if its an up and coming idea or functions im not altogether familiar with))
[post="103980"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

You would still have to scroll through 2 feet of code if you were using an emulator. Overclocking it, would make the scrolling faster but otherwise it would be the same as a calculator except harder(imo) to navigate the OS.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 14 May 2007 07:14:03 pm    Post subject:

Just... use... graphlink...

Oh yeah.
The TI-Program Editor, which I am lucky enough to have, has syntax checking, which is useful, but it doesn't allow for optimizations such as leaving off parenthesis.
And I don't know about Text(-1 or other special arguments.

Last edited by Guest on 14 May 2007 07:15:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
werewolf1492

Advanced Newbie

Posted: 15 May 2007 05:17:18 pm    Post subject:

Graphlink, never tried it, never heard of the program editor.... Im not fully in tune to the calc realm yet... Everything, and I mean everything that I have done so far has been on my trusty 84+ in the middle of my alg class.... Nothing on emulators, maybe soon if I can get one to work, but none as of yet...
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 15 May 2007 08:44:00 pm    Post subject:

werewolf1492 wrote:
Graphlink, never tried it, never heard of the program editor.... Im not fully in tune to the calc realm yet... Everything, and I mean everything that I have done so far has been on my trusty 84+ in the middle of my alg class.... Nothing on emulators, maybe soon if I can get one to work, but none as of yet...
[post="104073"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

How long does it take you to make large programs, all by hand? I usually copy and paste quicker on the computer than typing it all by hand on the calc Laughing
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 15 May 2007 08:59:06 pm    Post subject:

Copy and paste? That's what subroutines are for!!!
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 15 May 2007 10:27:54 pm    Post subject:

Graphlink allows you to type BASIC programs on the computer. It was the old linking software, which is now replaced with TI-Connect. Which a lot of people hate

The old beta of TI-Connect came with a program editor that had many features and was more modern than graphlink.
Unfortunately, TI took it out of the final release.
However, TI-Connect for macs has it... Seems unfair.
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement