This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 17 May 2007 07:17:11 pm    Post subject:

No, then you lose...

Oh! You are stuck in some prison thing and you need to get out!

Last edited by Guest on 17 May 2007 07:17:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 17 May 2007 08:32:09 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
No, then you lose...

Oh! You are stuck in some prison thing and you need to get out!
[post="104360"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Oh, so if you get caught, then it basically means you lost. What's the point of that? Can't you just revive like Duke Nukem from the last saving station? :P

[EDIT] didn't notice your secret message below. D'o!*

*copyright Homer Simpson. All right reserved.

Last edited by Guest on 17 May 2007 08:33:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 May 2007 12:17:59 am    Post subject:

hmm i really didnt think about that, i suppose i could add a little section of code and rewrite the level switching so that when you get caught you lose a life and start over the level and if you lose all your lives then you lose.

the reason i didnt really think about it was because the death-scene thing was really only a test to see if you could lose. I'm definately going to change it, it gets on my nerves when i have to test the game.

EDIT:
okay i just re-wrote the level switching code, i'm going to add lives tomorrow, which shouldnt be hard and wont take too long. then i'll handle the part about wether or not you're out of lives. and then i'll change the capture thing to just fade in and then fade out to your restart location. (i'm using ExtGraph's nifty fade in/out routines). :biggrin:

I fixed and added the charm thingy and finally made use of the timer that was just laying around in the program, and Re-wrote the glasses on and off indicator and locked door indicator to only show up on the hud for a moment or two, which makes it much less annoying. and i also cleaned up some graphics. so this thing is really shaping up nicely.

I started work on an 8th level today and that's where all these nifty features came from. Ideas just started coming.

Hopefully soon it wont just be a test level for all the new stuff, and become a full-blown level with new tasks and stuff.

Anywho, i have lots to do but it's late here in NC so i best lay off the keyboard tonight. I cant think perfectly straight right now anyways.

Just thought you'd like to know that i'm taking your suggestions to heart. Thanks for the tips.

Cool

Last edited by Guest on 18 May 2007 01:17:56 am; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 18 May 2007 03:56:39 pm    Post subject:

okay, i have the multiple lives thing working now. I just need to work out a couple of graphic problems. i'm going to use a death-transition. probably the dissolve thingy from one of the fat demos.

EDIT:
/From ReadMe;
MANY new features have been added. Nifty graphics improvements, improved speed. REDUCED file-size (decompressed)
New Death-Scene. Old Death thing still happens for now, I just didnt feel like changing that yet. I'll write something more in context
and equally if not more spooky for that part. (Read the forums if you dont understand this part, or play the game and you will);
Improved Level Switching and all kinds of other cool things./

NEW DEMO! plenty nifty graphics and gameplay improvements. Check it out. Test things for me if you please.

Please Let me know if this background i added is too disorientating. I thought it made the game a little creepier, but if it just confuses people i'll thinkup and draw a new one. Thanks.

:biggrin:

REVISED DEMO : [attachment=1548:attachment]

Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2007 12:33:20 am; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 May 2007 12:01:07 am    Post subject:

Oh and btw suggestions are still welcome...

EDIT:
I noticed a minor glitch in the graphics handling in the demo i just posted. I fixed it and reposted the demo. Sorry to the one person who downloaded it before i could fix that... Yea it's all good now. On the demo before revision the 13 ghosts logo would dissapear and reappear alternating when you got killed.

Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2007 12:35:05 am; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 19 May 2007 11:43:44 pm    Post subject:

Screen Shots :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 19 May 2007 11:46:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 19 May 2007 11:47:40 pm    Post subject:

Very cool textures. This game is really starting to take shape.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 May 2007 12:48:10 pm    Post subject:

thanks, i think so too. i really didnt expect making a fat-powered game would be this easy. i figured it would be ridiculously complex, but most of the complex stuff you have to set up is taken care of by the engine.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:32:52 pm    Post subject:

Beautiful screenshots! I still can't believe this is all on the calc! The walls look great Laughing
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:39:05 pm    Post subject:

AaroneusTheGreat wrote:
thanks, i think so too. i really didnt expect making a fat-powered game would be this easy. i figured it would be ridiculously complex, but most of the complex stuff you have to set up is taken care of by the engine.
[post="104721"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Well it kinda helps when you don't have to make the 3d part of your 3d game. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 20 May 2007 01:39:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 20 May 2007 01:41:38 pm    Post subject:

baorder54 wrote:
Well it kinda helps when you don't have to make the 3d part of your 3d game.  Smile
[post="104752"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, the only reason I couldn't participate in th 3d contest in Cmetech is because I couldn't completely understand the concept of 3d mapping and drawing on a 2d screen Cool
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 20 May 2007 10:44:35 pm    Post subject:

yea it still amazes me that someone could figure it out in the first place. It's all based on geometry and trig. i think. it's about computing angles and scaling textures and objects in order to create a pseudo-3d world. The reason i say pseudo, is because in technical terms only the walls have three-d perspective and only due to scaling and math based on 90 degree angles. The voxel method of raycasting is one of the only true 3d examples of raycasting. I'm happy with this though. and i think that it's true 3d because if it walks like a duck quackes like a duck.. then it's a duck.

Btw Frenchcalc1 do you have an 89 emulator on the comp? because there are much better games than mine out there using the fat-engine. Oblivion and Corridor 99 for example. they have much more sophisticated use of raycasting, because of the ray-line calculations needed for projectile trajectory. Also they use more theatrical graphics, including transitions between levels and story-snippets inside the game.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 20 May 2007 11:54:14 pm    Post subject:

Since this thread is about your project, you are free to make updates as they come
up, but please use an edit when a thought arises soon after submitting your posts.

Thank you.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 21 May 2007 03:32:37 pm    Post subject:

AaroneusTheGreat wrote:
Btw Frenchcalc1 do you have an 89 emulator on the comp? because there are much better games than mine out there using the fat-engine. Oblivion and Corridor 99 for example. they have much more sophisticated use of raycasting, because of the ray-line calculations needed for projectile trajectory. Also they use more theatrical graphics, including transitions between levels and story-snippets inside the game.
[post="104839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, I use VTI and the 89 rom on ti's website. I've played Corrido99, and that's what got me interested in making 3d games for the 83. I just never got around to completely understanding it :blush:

Btw, are you going to add any new features to the demo? I'm looking forward to it Smile

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2007 03:33:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 21 May 2007 05:58:08 pm    Post subject:

yes actually i added a few, the charm thingy and multiple keys. i dont know really what else i could add but i'm sure i'll think of something. have you played the game yet? if so what do you think would be a cool feature to add? Btw the newest demo is the one with the textures from the screenshot.

Last edited by Guest on 21 May 2007 10:38:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 21 May 2007 06:08:04 pm    Post subject:

AaroneusTheGreat wrote:
yes actually i added a few, the charm thingy and multiple keys. i dont know really what else i could add but i'm sure i'll think of something. have you played the game yet? if so what do you think would be a cool feature to add? Btw the newest demo is the one with the textures from the screenshot.
[post="104890"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Some way to kill the ghosts at certain areas, like you find a ghost crossbow that kills ghosts but only has two areas. This would add some action to the game without turning it into a full on fps. (ghost crossbow was the only thing I could think of) Add some kind of puzzle, like you have to slide the frames around to make a picture, or message. Or a sudoku! lol
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 21 May 2007 06:33:01 pm    Post subject:

frenchcalc1 wrote:
Yeah, I use VTI and the 89 rom on ti's website.
[post="104870"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know that TI has free OSs, but ROMs?
I've heard that you can use the OSs as roms, but never really understood it...
TheStorm

Calc Guru

Posted: 21 May 2007 06:35:40 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
[post="104897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Thats what he did, I know it works for the 89's, but I'm not sure about any other calc.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 21 May 2007 06:50:43 pm    Post subject:

But VTI doesn't detect .89u.
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 21 May 2007 07:02:09 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
frenchcalc1 wrote:
Yeah, I use VTI and the 89 rom on ti's website.
[post="104870"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

I know that TI has free OSs, but ROMs?
[post="104897"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yeah, that's what I did. But I also got a ROm image off my friend's calc in order to test some games for him Smile
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement