This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 04 May 2007 03:34:11 pm    Post subject:

** update **;

Intro Story ADDED! features scrolling text (black text on white background to save battery) you can skip the intro with the esc button.

Now that this is done i can easily use the code from the scrolling routine to create the game credits. Very cool. Smooth running scrolling also, even pretty smooth on the emulator(i noticed a little bit of skipping while running the game on the emulator that wasnt there when it was run on a reg calc... why?) I am rewriting the locked door routine so that the message shows up on the hud and isnt so annoying. i dont much like the whole screen message, very overdone, but it was just a test. Drawing a new hud soon to cut down on flicker due to the large space of monotone gray that the hud is right now. Hope i can make something pretty, if not i'll work on it until it is. lol

P.S. Ideas for things to add in the game would be mucho awesome, and you might just see your suggestion in the final game! wouldnt that be cool?

UPDATE ATTATCHED> MANY NEW FEATURES, most of which have been previously mentioned, one is completely new. Secrets added, bookcase tile is actually a door in the first level, it doesnt look like it until you get right up to it and try to open it with the open door key, then it turns into a door and you can open it. Also the switches control the quake looking tiles and make them into doors which you can then open. check it out, very neato new stuff!

For those who have not seen this before, the platform is 89,92,92+,v200.
HW3Patch required for titanium users!

[attachment=1470:attachment]

*** Yet another Update***
Finished retrofitting levels 1-4 and starting to work on save/load game feature... coming soon i hope...

well the full demo with all the retrofittings and bug fixes is up in the archives under 89 asm games! go check it out if ya want to.

Last edited by Guest on 08 May 2007 09:47:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 09 May 2007 01:25:52 am    Post subject:

Well i noticed something in the new update that i hadnt previously caught, the hud in the v200/92(+) versions was shifted to the left and up a little and it looked stupid. i fixed that for the respective versions using the already employed display offsets in the fat engine, so no matter wether you send the 89 files to a v200/92(+) or vice versa, it will display correctly, however the scrolling text/text and intro will still be oriented twards the upper left corner. it would require wayyy too much programming in order to change this and it doesnt really affect the game, i dont really mind the way it looks either. hope none of you do also because (according to the song) that's just the way it is!... :biggrin:

Last edited by Guest on 09 May 2007 01:26:39 am; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 10 May 2007 02:17:42 pm    Post subject:

New Demo! This has the save/load game feature, still the same amount of levels, but i need people to test this feature in a bunch of different situations (i tried quite a few and it worked perfectly but you can never be too sure) So that i can fix any errors that show up. Thanks To all the Demo Testers! [attachment=1499:attachment]
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 11 May 2007 12:34:16 am    Post subject:

so for those of you who've seen the new demo, how was it? what should i add/change? :biggrin:
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 12 May 2007 11:08:19 am    Post subject:

I can't get my emulator to work...whrn I do, I'll rate it Smile
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:18:12 pm    Post subject:

I am new with the 89 emulator, please give me some details as of how to run it. dragged all the 89 files onto the *emulator*, now what?

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:38:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:37:18 pm    Post subject:

You mean TiEmu?
*Xphoenix does not know the meaning of "dragged all the 89 files"...

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:38:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:38:34 pm    Post subject:

Xphoenix wrote:
You mean TiEmu?
[post="103793"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

No i am using virtualti, I am sorry, I used emu as emulator, for short. I guess I shouldn't have. I will change it.

Putting the files on the calc can be done by clicking and holding the 89 file, then dragging it over onto the emulator, then releasing the mouse.

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:39:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:39:59 pm    Post subject:

Well, I'll help you anyway.

So the files are on the emulator, and you want to run them? OK.
Goto the home, press [2ND] + [VAR-LINK] and look for your file, press [ENTER], and close the parenthesis, and press enter again.

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:40:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:43:15 pm    Post subject:

Yes they are. Now I need to run them. I tried to run the ASM 13ghosts, it gives me "Fat not loaded"

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:44:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:49:25 pm    Post subject:

Do you have fatlib on the emu?

EDIT:
It works fine on TiEmu. Make sure that you have installed hw3patch if you are using a titanium.

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:53:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:53:28 pm    Post subject:

The file was loaded on, not installed or anything. Infact, I dont have anything installed. Just the 13ghost files for the 89. Is there something to install? I am not using titanium just 89 with rom 2.01

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:55:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 12:54:45 pm    Post subject:

As above, if you are using a titanium, use the hw3patch, if not, then it should just run fine...

BTW, the one I downloaded from post 23, the on-calc filename was "thirteen".

Last edited by Guest on 12 May 2007 12:55:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 12 May 2007 01:01:14 pm    Post subject:

When I go to varlink, the files are in order:

MAINv
Fatlib dll 55685
textures ftex 46121
thirtee ppg 14578
thirteen ASM 1007

I press enter on Thirteen and close the () and it gives me the error.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 14 May 2007 11:16:24 am    Post subject:

hmm are all the files archived? you can do this by going to the main folder and hitting f4 and it will select all the files then hit f1 and then 8 and it will archive them all, 13ghosts needs a good bit of ram to run. i'll go on my emulator and try using the reg 89 and see if i get the same error. it might be the updates i've done but i doubt it, if it was it probably wouldnt be working on my titanium as well.

well, i tried running it on my reg 89 emulator and it worked just fine. the ams version is 2.09 and the hw is HW2 so i dont think you should have any problems if you archive everything

i tried running it without archiving it (im using a more current version of the game but it's fat loading stuff is the same) and i got the same message so that might be your problem. hope this helps Smile

Last edited by Guest on 14 May 2007 11:24:20 am; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 May 2007 10:36:47 pm    Post subject:

WRITERS BLOCK PROBLEM:

Blargh! i am feeling very stagnant! this sucks! i cant really think of anything to add to the game in the way of features/nifty things. And if i cant really think of anything new i cannot create an 8th level (i added a 7th the other day). And if i cannot create an 8th level, i cant create a 9th or a 10th and so on! the game could have no end! no conclusion to the story! Blast you writer's block! lol Does anyone have any ideas? if you know the plot of the game maby you could think of something to spurr my imagination. (blah i feel like all i've been doing this whole project is crying out for help!) anywho. bad scene. I'm sure i'll get over it in a couple of days, but in the meantime maby someone here has that golden idea that they can suggest, and make this game become a great success. Smile

Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2007 11:43:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 16 May 2007 10:46:22 pm    Post subject:

I actually got it to work! (didn't know how to archive before)

My thoughts:

Fast movement: 2 points Griffindor!
Kind of annoying/slow intro(maybe button to speed up?): +2 slytherin
Got caught by ghost without seeing one. WTF?!?!: +3 Hufflepuff
Graphics: 2 points Girffindor
Eternity with the ghosts of the mansion: (peed my pants when I read that!) -9 Griffindor!

On a serious note however, the game is coming along great. I truly didn't see the ghost that caught me so I dont know about that. Looks good though.

WRITERS BLOCK PROBLEM: maybe you could...(highlight for spoiler)NOT! haha! You really expected baorder54 to have a good idea?!?! Smile

Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2007 10:48:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 16 May 2007 11:41:59 pm    Post subject:

well... in reply to the got caught by ghost without seeing it... you must find the box containing the glasses in order to see the ghosts to avoid them. the easiest way to do this is stay close to the outer walls of the first level and go around the whole level that way and look for the open doors, once you have the key, you can find the box on the first level. After that you are pretty much set, you just need to find the clues and the other stuff in the level. Thanks for the props tho. i guess i'm part of griffindor house? thats cool i could get used to being a wizzard.

Anywho, just mess around with it a while and you'll find more stuff.

I thought the wording in the death-text was a little funny, but if you like it i'll leave it. lol plus im far too lazy to worry about re-writing something that works and get's the desired effect across. I do plan to use the ExtGraph library to handle the text stuff to cut down on game-file size, so i'm probably going to get started on that soon. Plus i expect that the text outputting will be far more efficient that way, making it faster. (if you find the book on the first level you'll see that when you read it (2nd key) it draws the light data, then the dark data kind of washes down the screen from the top. it looks pretty cool, but it slows the game down and uses ridiculous unnessisary resources.

btw im glad you got your emulator working. that's good to hear :)

oh and about the annoying/slow intro, you can skip that if you dont want to read it by pressing [ESC] and dont worry about exiting the game, as long as you dont press escape a couple of times in succession, you can pretty much press and hold the escape key and you wont exit the game accidentally, ( i added a little snipet of code that takes care of that, i cleared the oskeyqueue so that the calc thinks there is no key press)

Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2007 11:47:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 17 May 2007 12:00:35 am    Post subject:

oh i thought of a feature to add to the 8th level, something that could come in handy, a charm that you can find and use for a period of time, there's already code for a timer in the game, i just found no use for it yet and i thought it'd come in handy sooner or later. the charm would be like a necklace or a spell on a scrap of paper or something that would render you invincible to the ghosts for a period of time. Also i'm thinking that i should add health, that the ghosts simply beat you up when you get too close to them and when your health is completely depleted you get captured. just some thoughts, what do you all think? would it make the game too easy, or are they good features that i should add into the game?
frenchcalc1
جان ألعريم

Posted: 17 May 2007 06:56:28 pm    Post subject:

AaroneusTheGreat wrote:
oh i thought of a feature to add to the 8th level, something that could come in handy, a charm that you can find and use for a period of time, there's already code for a timer in the game, i just found no use for it yet and i thought it'd come in handy sooner or later. the charm would be like a necklace or a spell on a scrap of paper or something that would render you invincible to the ghosts for a period of time. Also i'm thinking that i should add health, that the ghosts simply beat you up when you get too close to them and when your health is completely depleted you get captured. just some thoughts, what do you all think? would  it make the game too easy, or are they good features that i should add into the game?
[post="104311"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The charm idea is great, just don't put in too many, unless you really need them to beat the level. I like the idea of capturing the player when the health is depleted, but what would happen then? Isn't he already dead? Do you plan on making the player restart a certain section of the game if he gets caught?
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement