This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 May 2007 10:13:33 pm    Post subject:

I recently uploaded a demo of my new game 13ghosts to the ti-calc.org archives, unfortunately they take a while to add files to the archives most of the time. SO i decided to swing by here and see if i couldnt add my demo to your archives. unfortunately i've been informed that you are rewriting your archives, so i had to come here and attatch it to a post. i hope that's okay in this topic because i couldnt do it in the project releases topic. anyways here it is, hope you like it. [attachment=1458:attachment]

NEW DEMO ON PAGE 2!!! NEW FEATURES.

Platform: 68k (92/89/v200) HW3Patch required for titanium users.

Last edited by Guest on 05 May 2007 12:00:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 01 May 2007 10:15:36 pm    Post subject:

While it is true, the site managers (specifically AlienCC) is rewriting the downloads systems, you can still upload files.

Welcome to United-TI!
garrett01001

Posted: 01 May 2007 10:43:22 pm    Post subject:

you could have said it was only for the 89.. :hmpf:

I downloaded it thinking I would be able to test it.. /smite

Edit:
Welcome to UTI!

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2007 10:44:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:11:42 pm    Post subject:

So you took my suggestion from TIFW after all...

Welcome.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:16:50 pm    Post subject:

well the fat engine is only for 68k calculators, so i included the 89/89ti and 92/92+ and the v200 versions of it. all of which run just fine, the titanium requres the hw3patch tho. sorry for the confusion.

and yea i did take your suggestion, lol it looks as if i might have another site to upload the final project to, there is definately a lot of people on here.

And by the way once you play my game, feedback would be most appreciated. A simple, "it sucked", "it was okay" or an "it was great" are sufficient, but i would rather have you tell me what i could do to make it better, any bugs you find, or any suggestions for features. i plan to add a save game feature soon. and locked doors. so far you can go wherever you please, but you can get captured by the ghosts.

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2007 11:20:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:24:36 pm    Post subject:

This would be much better suited in the Project Releases Page. Smile Also when introducing a new program, it is always nice to give a name, platform, description, etc. Just so we know what were dealing with.

Oh and welcome to UTI

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2007 11:26:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 01 May 2007 11:56:43 pm    Post subject:

ya know i tried putting it in the project releases section but it said that i dont have access to that forum. idk why but that's what it said. oh and thanks to all for the warm welcomes, i certainly hope to hear more from all of you. oh also would it be possible for an admin to move this post to the project releases forum?

Last edited by Guest on 01 May 2007 11:59:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 02 May 2007 12:02:18 am    Post subject:

From what I gather, 13 Ghosts is/was a horror movie. Is this related? (it seems kind of like it.) Because I've got no idea about what the movie was like.
Weregoose
Authentic INTJ

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 12:33:42 am    Post subject:

Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 06:09:34 am    Post subject:

Well, to answer his main question, it looked really cool!
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2007 10:59:11 am    Post subject:

yea it was a horror movie, the basic plot: a guy's uncle dies and leaves him a mansion, its very weird on the inside. the house has all kinds of hidden passages and writing on the walls in a weird language, you find out later that the uncle was collecting the "mythical" 13 ghosts required to run this machine he made from the necro-whatzit that satinist bible thingy and was trying to open the gateway to hell. sooo i took the idea that the ghosts were in this mansion, you inherited the mansion, but the uncle turns out to be alive, he knocks you out and you wake up in the basement and now he's playing a sick twisted game with you. you have to escape. All of this i am going to have in the intro part of the game when i get the whole scrolling text working. but so far there's a book on the first level that explains the situation a little bit. I havnt added all the ghosts from what you can see but they will show up in later levels. (my ghosts are nothing like those in the movie but i thought they looked cool) the movie has the ghosts locked in cells with containment spells engraved on the walls, so im going to try and simulate that in the later levels Oh btw what do you all think of having 13 levels all together? or do you think i should go ahead and make it really long so that it's playable for a longer period of time?

**** update 6th level = 90% complete ****

Last edited by Guest on 02 May 2007 11:39:36 am; edited 1 time in total
garrett01001

Posted: 02 May 2007 01:40:20 pm    Post subject:

are there 89 emulators ? i want to play this.. Neutral
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2007 02:56:38 pm    Post subject:

yes actually there are, if you go to ticalc.org and look for TIEmu under windows utilities and then go on education.ti.com and get the new version of the 89 operating system. Then when you install tiemu start it up and then follow the instructions on setting the rom image. once you have that you can right click on the calc screen and hit upgrade calc and choose the os you got from ti's website and you'll have the standard operating system of the titanium edition. works just like the actual calculator. hope that solves that problem and thanks for your intrest in helping me debug/polish up my game.
IAmACalculator
In a state of quasi-hiatus

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 May 2007 07:15:47 pm    Post subject:

Note: That's illegal, since you're only supposed to download the OS if you have the calculator.
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 07:25:46 pm    Post subject:

I don't see anything here...

Does this make it illegal me to have the 73, 83+, and 83+SE calcs distributed with TI Flash Debugger? Confused

Last edited by Guest on 02 May 2007 07:26:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:13:08 pm    Post subject:

Huh. I thought it was. Shows how much I know. Razz Go ahead and d/l it then!
Harrierfalcon
The Raptor of Calcs

Super Elite (Last Title)

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:18:05 pm    Post subject:

I can see where you're coming from, but I didn't see anything that said it was illegal anywhere.

But back on topic--This looks really cool, Aaroneus. But can I ask what exactly you are supposed to do?
baorder54
Elite

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:19:26 pm    Post subject:

What does it matter if you download the OS? Without a rom...
IAmACalculator

Know-It-All

Posted: 02 May 2007 08:28:24 pm    Post subject:

TiEmu still works. With the OS. Perfectly.
AaroneusTheGreat

Advanced Member

Posted: 02 May 2007 10:33:42 pm    Post subject:

youre supposed to escape. i know but that's all ive done so far. its going to be that you have to do several tasks and i dont know yet but i might add something that you can actually kill, like zombies or something, so i can add in some shooting. but idk yet. Have you found the clues to the elevator code and stuff yet? or are you just wandering around on the first level ( i dont think you would but i have to ask) cus right now that's really all there is to it. but it's only a demo. and im going to retrofit the early levels with all kinds of things you have to do. i think i'm going to put in wall switches that you have to get the right sequence with inorder to unlock the door of the room with the elevator in it. that was one thought, also finding keys to get into rooms inorder to get items like decoder glasses (already put that in the 6th level) so you can read the messages. but im thinking that right now there is really not a lot to do so i really need to jazz it up a little. kinda boaring ( i know i play it constantly to test it) but i do like the way the ghosts kinda show up as you round a corner sometimes, it makes me jump a little but im easy to startle. Razz anywho if any of you have any ideas on neato things to do in the same theme of the game i will definately listen and consider the ideas.

***update: started retrofitting level 1***
***update: added some more of my shitty art. lol a couple of lamps an armoire and a desk***
***adding wall switches soon, maby simulate power breaker (eg, turn the big main braker switch, the lights go off, message on hud about power off idk)***

Last edited by Guest on 04 May 2007 12:47:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    » Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement