This is an archived, read-only copy of the United-TI subforum , including posts and topic from May 2003 to April 2012. If you would like to discuss any of the topics in this forum, you can visit Cemetech's Your Projects subforum. Some of these topics may also be directly-linked to active Cemetech topics. If you are a Cemetech member with a linked United-TI account, you can link United-TI topics here with your current Cemetech topics.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. Project Ideas/Start New Projects => Your Projects
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 12:46:14 am    Post subject:

I have the font for my text editor designed. It is a font that allocates a 3*5 region for each character. The problem is that several characters such as #, @, $, and & are hard to read. I might add an option for a larger font in the final version, but I was wondering if right now if anyone could take a look at and make suggestions for improved sprites for these characters. To run prgmDEMO, use "Asm(" at the homescreen, press Up and Down to scroll through the ASCII printable characters, and press Right to quit. Thanks for considering.
tifreak8x

Elite

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 03:54:07 pm    Post subject:

Well, they look cool, but I would leave them 4x5, since the space at the end would mean you wouldn't have to program the program to skip a column everytime you typed a letter. And the only char I had difficulty with was the # sign, otherwise, I saw everything perfectly.
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 09:44:44 pm    Post subject:

Thanks. Not much can be done with a 3*5 font for #, but the 3*5 font is extremely fast to put on the screen and is basically the bare minimum size to get the point across. Still, I will probably implement a larger font option in one of the first versions.
Xphoenix

Elite

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 10:05:15 pm    Post subject:

It took me a little bit to finally figure out what the "&" character was, and I don't think I ever saw the "@." But the letters are still fine.

Last edited by Guest on 18 Apr 2007 12:35:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Recursive Acronym

Advanced Member

Posted: 15 Apr 2007 10:17:56 pm    Post subject:

Yeah, the @ symbol is definately going to look bad. It looks like:
###
#..#
#....
###

Last edited by Guest on 15 Apr 2007 10:18:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
    »
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 1 » All times are UTC - 5 Hours

Advertisement